Big Twist

One or more of the Big Questions is resolved. (I seriously believe that GRRM might not give us the answers we're all waiting for.) Alternatively:

Howland Reed actually appears and tells someone something significant. (I don't think we'll ever see him.)

Tyrion dies, and stays dead.

Brienne kills Jaime.

Stannis concocted a plan with Wyman Manderly to have Manderly present Lightbringer to the Boltons, and decieve them into thinking that Stannis is dead which explains Ramsay's letter. Later, Manderly opens the gates for Stannis, and they take the Boltons by surprise.

Jaime is the valonqar.

Jon becomes King in the end.

A twist?

GRRM reveals that M. Night Shyamalan has been writing the series the entire time.

It ends up that each of these characters actually lives in a weird Mormon cult village and this was all a fantasy resulting from societal oppression. The Others are a myth created by their religious leaders to scare them out of wandering "north of the wall" aka outside the "seven kingdoms" ..........

Arya inherits House Bolton and becomes Lady of the Dreadfort. A flayed man is sort of faceless, after all.

Ramsay tortures his Arya to death but then she shows up again in his living room soon after, which severely messes with Ramsay's calm, and this Arya he doesn't have such an easy time with. There's a big time role reversal and Ramsay is now playing the part of Jeyne, cowering in a corner all super creeped out by this supernatural witch claiming to be his wife---and everyone else is believing her because she's wearing Jeyne face! And then when he disappears into some dungeon and is never seen again his wife "Arya" claims the Dreadfort to put an end to its nastier traditions so the Starks no longer need fear it. Except for when the lady of the fort makes an exception for someone she doesn't fancy. Then the old ways of the Boltons might make a brief cameo.

Stannis leaves the siege to become a clown.

We need to see more of these kings trade places with their fools. Either as a trick to escape an angry mob, or as a serious challenge to see if the fool can rule.

Cersei remains alive, as her prophecy of Tyrion killing her is just false. Actually, she dies of syphillis because of her promiscuity.

Jaime choose and married Brienne and have a bunch of twins.

Dany took two husbands to ride the dragons, 7 husbands to rule the seven kingdoms and dies from child birth.

Sansa ruled seven kingdoms cos she decided staying too simple is boring and start to plot wicked things.

Tyrion becomes a slave merchant.

Arrya dies of her own gift-black water.

Margery dies of tetanus from the prick of rose thorn.

Would you buy into him surviving the wounds? No zombie action, just a plot device to keep him out of the story for a while? Or is that too much of a F U from GRRM? Just curious.

Didn't he get stabbed through the neck at least once? So, I wouldn't really buy it, and like I said I want him to stay dead, but if GRRM has to keep him alive, I'd prefer he says that Jon's wounds weren't that bad rather than Mel giving him the kiss of life.

Why would you wish Jon to stay dead? His character arc is nowhere near complete. Are you implying that his entire role in this series was to let the wildlings through the Wall?

Why would you want Ned to stay dead? His character arc is nowhere near complete. Are you implying that his entire role in this series was to litter Baelor's statue with his head?

Why would you want Robb to stay dead? His character arc is nowhere near complete. Are you implying that his entire role in this series was to have a dog's head?

It all makes sense actually. The holy trinity of ASOIAF dead.

Why would you want Ned to stay dead? His character arc is nowhere near complete. Are you implying that his entire role in this series was to litter Baelor's statue with his head?

Why would you want Robb to stay dead? His character arc is nowhere near complete. Are you implying that his entire role in this series was to have a dog's head?

It all makes sense actually. The holy trinity of ASOIAF dead.

Ned fathered the children that we all love so much, and Robb fought a war and let his youth contribute to the fall of his House.

Archived