Would you name your children with an asoiaf name ?

Golden Lady

Today i found out that a friends cousin called her baby Daenerys ... please don't do that. It's a pretty name, but not one i'd like to answer to at school.

Some are nice though, i guess the more "normal" ones where i'm from. I like Elia, Brandon and Roslin for example. I guess ones that wouldn't make most peoples minds immediately jump to a character :dunno:

While I wouldn't, personally, I hope that some parents out there have the foresight to give their child a "normal" middle name if they're going to use a fictional first name. But given that they're naming their children namely because of a current trend in popular culture, I doubt this foresight exists.

Today i found out that a friends cousin called her baby Daenerys ... please don't do that. It's a pretty name, but not one i'd like to answer to at school.

Some are nice though, i guess the more "normal" ones where i'm from. I like Elia, Brandon and Roslin for example. I guess ones that wouldn't make most peoples minds immediately jump to a character :dunno:

They could just call her Dany,

I know I've stated this before, but my sister is named Elia.

Ned never striked me as a good name before the series, but seeing it applied to a person that commands respect instead of your run of the mill hippy/hobo. Only if you had a short second name, though.

Barristan you could pull off if it was shortened to Barry oft, and you looked English or something.

Sandor could be a great name, potentially. San, Sanny, Sandy, Sando, any variation thereof could potentially acquire an appeal.

Archived