Would you name your children with an asoiaf name ?

Golden Lady

Unless it was one of the regular names then i might but other than that i couldnt do that to a child. As one who has been bullied i wouldnt be able to do that to my child. However still contemplating naming my daughter Arya.

What are "normal" names? Like languages, names constantly change and evolve. But that nonsense aside, my name is Zander so if I were to have children, I have no problem giving them unique names.

I reall love some Targ names; Rhaegar, Rhaenys, Daena (although there is already Dana)

The series is filled with great (and not so great) names. I usually enjoy some of the names a lot strictly because they are aesthetically pleasing to me.

My boyfriend's surname is Ketcham, I wonder if I could convince him to go with Asha or Ashara for a fictional character double whammy.

There are tons of names suitable for pets but none that I love so much to give to my future children, at least not yet!

As someone with an unusual first name (Coral) I can relate to the early childhood/school troubles. But overall I am eternally grateful to have a name that is unique and not heard everywhere. Not sure if I would give my kid a hard name to pronounce, but there is no way in hell I would name them something popular. I'd go with Jojen or Jorah, maybe Benjen for a boy. Girl.. maybe Cersei or Meera.

My wife was dead set on not allowing me to name my child after an asoiaf character. But my dedication paid off and I FINALLY convinced her with Brienne or Catelyn. Only one problem...

It turned out to be a boy. So since she shot down Xaro Xhoan Daxos...we just with we Ian. (My pride and joy is in my avatar.)

The next child though...boy or girl will have an asoiaf name. I swear it by the gods old and new.

Archived