Whats the most unintentionaly funny moment to you?

It's not so much a moment as a general conecpt, but the idea of LF actually takling up his duties as Lord Paramount amuses me greatly. Littlefinger having to hold feasts, go on hunts, command lords, raise his banners and lead me to war; I love imagining how uncomfortable life in the limelight would make him, unable to skulk off after a clever manipulation or retreat to the top of a mountain where he can be all inscrutable

You really have to love Martin's ability to inject humor into his story. Humor is important especially with such a heavy story with so many horrible things happening. A lot of authors though can't do it either because they're just not funny or they over-do it to the point where it ruins the story.

My favorite funny characters who aren't trying to be funny would have to be Victarion and Stannis. I don't know why, but every time I think of Victarion I think of Al Swearengen from "Deadwood." Would be AWESOME if they could get Ian McShane to play him in Season 4. Stannis just has dry humor down to an art, which I think is not something Martin himself probably has (a dry sense of humor), which really makes Martin that much more brillant that he pulls that off so well with that character.

My favorite funny characters who aren't trying to be funny would have to be Victarion and Stannis. I don't know why, but every time I think of Victarion I think of Al Swearengen from "Deadwood." Would be AWESOME if they could get Ian McShane to play him in Season 4.

I love Ian McShane too and Deadwood was a great show. But c'mon he's 5'9 and will be 71 if they introduce Victarion next season.

Besides Ray Stevenson will play Victarion. It is known.

For me, I dunno why, but that Mormont's Raven (warged by Brynden Rivers) was clamouring for corn when the rest of the rangers were clamouring for food at Craster's pad seems funny to me. I can just imagine the whole scene. Too bad it got Old Bear killed.

Also I can just imagine the look on Stan's face when he read Lyanna Mormont's note, and Jon holding back his laughter, as they both realized high and mighty Stan just got snubbed by a snot nosed kid.

You really have to love Martin's ability to inject humor into his story. Humor is important especially with such a heavy story with so many horrible things happening. A lot of authors though can't do it either because they're just not funny or they over-do it to the point where it ruins the story.

Do you think humor, even if it's subtle and/or seldom, is mandatory for a great story? Just curious.

Because there are some stories, like Naoki Urasawa's "Monster" which I think is just GENIUS, but I can only really think of one or two characters in the entire series who are particularly "funny". Just curious what you think. :)

Randyll Tarly talking to Brienne, especially 'a good hard raping'. That was so bizarre.

And as other people have said, Tyrion laughing as Tywin suggests husbands for Cersei.

Most of Cersei's stupid actions in AFFC were pretty funny aswell. Like thinking Kevan was in league with the Tyrells.

Randyll Tarly talking to Brienne, especially 'a good hard raping'. That was so bizarre.

And as other people have said, Tyrion laughing as Tywin suggests husbands for Cersei.

Most of Cersei's stupid actions in AFFC were pretty funny aswell. Like thinking Kevan was in league with the Tyrells.

*looks at end of ADwD*

Well, he certainly wasn't on her side.

The funniest part of the books is Stannis thinking he has a shot at being king.

(Sorry. I had to.)

It's not a question of 'having a shot at being king'. He is by right Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm and he must take his throne in order to save the kingdom or die trying. Stannis will fight to the bitter end and then some. And whatever end he does meet it will certainly not be worth mockery.

When Jofferey tells Tywin that his 'father' won the rebellion whilst Tywin hid under the rock. I could imagine the dramatic "ooooooh" echoing out through the room at that low blow.

I laughed harder at Tywin responding with "Thank you for that wisdom, your grace." I'm really hoping they include that scene in the TV show.

I've mentioned this before, but Lysa's death.

Archived