Whats the most unintentionaly funny moment to you?

Just remembered another one.

When I read the description of the siege of Storm Landing where they said how Stann was eating rats and they left even some corpses on the side just in case,at that moment I had a pick of half drunk Robert somewhere god knows where with some nameless girl not remembering that he even asked his brother to hold the city for him. :)

Jinglebells was a grown man.

Best. Sentence. Ever.

If you re-read GoT you realise that almost everything that Viserys says if unintentionaly funny

"Do you want to wake the dragon?"

"If you don`t satisfy him you`ll wake the dragon like never before"

"Watch your tongue Jorah or I`ll cut it out"

It had never occurred to me that was supposed to unintentionally funny :drunk: In aGoT when he says:

Hit her, Mormont. Hurt her. Your king commands it. Kill these Dothraki dogs and teach her.

Genius! I actually had to put the book down at that point, Visy is a comedy legend. So I compose myself only for a few lines later to be felledby Dany when she says:

“Ser Jorah, do you think… he’ll be so angry when he gets back… She shivered. “I woke the dragon, didn’t I?”

... :bowdown: All these funny moments though, always struck me as kind of melancholic. There is a healthy dose of tragedy & tragic irony in the song of Viserys Targaryean. Remember, his whole family was killed He was chased from his home & foced to live as a beggar (ok, a beggar KING, but still...) and he died, alone & in terrible pain after the only person who he had left in this world (a person, he treated horrendously, I freely admit) turned her back on him. He must have been so scared, so confused. So laugh at the clown Viserys, but try for a second to put yourself in his shoes, right at the end, when the Dothraki grab him, when he screams for his sister, when the hot metal meets his skin... That's some brutal shit. Now, I know opinion is divided on Theon re whether he got what he deserved. If some people can find it in them to say that Theon has done penance for his crimes, then surely the same logic can be extend to poor old Viserys, third of his name, the king-who-never-reigned.

Best. Sentence. Ever.

It had never occurred to me that was supposed to unintentionally funny :drunk: In aGoT when he says:

Genius! I actually had to put the book down at that point, Visy is a comedy legend. So I compose myself only for a few lines later to be felledby Dany when she says:

... :bowdown: All these funny moments though, always struck me as kind of melancholic. There is a healthy dose of tragedy & tragic irony in the song of Viserys Targaryean. Remember, his whole family was killed He was chased from his home & foced to live as a beggar (ok, a beggar KING, but still...) and he died, alone & in terrible pain after the only person who he had left in this world (a person, he treated horrendously, I freely admit) turned her back on him. He must have been so scared, so confused. So laugh at the clown Viserys, but try for a second to put yourself in his shoes, right at the end, when the Dothraki grab him, when he screams for his sister, when the hot metal meets his skin... That's some brutal shit. Now, I know opinion is divided on Theon re whether he got what he deserved. If some people can find it in them to say that Theon has done penance for his crimes, then surely the same logic can be extend to poor old Viserys, third of his name, the king-who-never-reigned.

I feel for Viserys to... But some of things he says, especialy when you`re re-reading the series, make you laugh unintentionaly. How he threatens everyon and always grabs his swort. Dany even notices that Illyrio can barely hold back his smile

I feel for Viserys to... But some of things he says, especialy when you`re re-reading the series, make you laugh unintentionaly. How he threatens everyon and always grabs his swort. Dany even notices that Illyrio can barely hold back his smile

He didnt HAVE to be arrogant. He could have easily seen that he didnt know squat about squat and having a legacy is not the same as realizing it.

He might at least have thought of learning how to use that sword. I mean, it was a man at arms who saved him and he knew he was a target. He just felt entitled to everything including life. Sort of forgot about his forebears. Unless he was eating ergot with his corn, he has to take some ownership.

Too bad D & D couldnt find a way to make him more humorous. Dany could use a little less emo as well.

Sorry if anyone mentioned this one:

Re-reading Game of Thrones and Eddard has been in King's Landing for a few days and it's very hot and Littlefinger says something like "You Starks can't stand the heat, you travel below the neck and you start melting"

100% certain Littlefinger was making a jape about Rickard Stark

Re-reading Game of Thrones and Eddard has been in King's Landing for a few days and it's very hot and Littlefinger says something like "You Starks can't stand the heat, you travel below the neck and you start melting"

That is disturbingly funny :lol:

Oh god, what a dick :lol:

"You mustn't hurt sweet Shagwell. I'm too droll to die."

"You are no better than the rest of them. You have robbed, and raped, and murdered."

"Oh I have, I have, I shant deny it... but I'm amusing, with all my japes and capers. I make men laugh."

"And women weep."

"Is that my fault? Women have no sense of humour."

Though one could argue that its intentional, still pretty damn funny in a horrific sort of way.

He might at least have thought of learning how to use that sword. I mean, it was a man at arms who saved him and he knew he was a target. He just felt entitled to everything including life. Sort of forgot about his forebears. Unless he was eating ergot with his corn, he has to take some ownership.

Didn't he never actually own a sword before?

Moreover, it is probably difficult to learn how to sword fight effectively when you are constantly on the run.

Best. Sentence. Ever.

Goddammit. Its times like these that i NEED the like button.

Just...imagine it...imagine if Viserys lived and became the hammiest villain to ever have hammed. Gods it would have been lovely...So lovely...

Anytime Mormont's Raven promptly shits....

Goddammit. Its times like these that i NEED the like button.

Just...imagine it...imagine if Viserys lived and became the hammiest villain to ever have hammed. Gods it would have been lovely...So lovely...

Everytime I reread Dany's GOT chapters I always wish it was him that was the POV and not her, as it seems like it would be awesome to look at his thought process and see how his madness makes total sense to him. Instead, we got stuck with Dany who still has left for Westeros and instead wastes her time fighting cliche evil slavers. Honestly, I loved when Ghost Viserys told her off in ADOD.

"You mustn't hurt sweet Shagwell. I'm too droll to die."

"You are no better than the rest of them. You have robbed, and raped, and murdered."

"Oh I have, I have, I shant deny it... but I'm amusing, with all my japes and capers. I make men laugh."

"And women weep."

"Is that my fault? Women have no sense of humour."

Though one could argue that its intentional, still pretty damn funny in a horrific sort of way.

Agreed. I lost it when we learned that Shagwell killed a man for not laughing at his jokes.

Archived