Whats the most unintentionaly funny moment to you?

I find everything that Axell Florent does to be so hilariously ridiculous and over the top scummy that I can't help but laugh. From his insistence on being addressed as a completely made up title of "Hand of the Queen", to his unintentionally comical appearance, to his disgusting treatment/thoughts on Val (which always leads to me calling him "The Saddler" for his insistence on saddling Val)...I don't know, I just can't help but crack up at his ridiculously over-the-top behavior that seems to rub pretty much everybody the wrong way.

There's a lot of that at the Wall I guess though. I tend to find one of the funniest moments in all of ASOIAF, and I'm not sure if it was fully intentional on GRRM's part, to be the whole Othell Yarwyck throwaway line/complaint about "Borroq being too close to a woods full of boars so he's going to make a pig army and kill all of the NW". I mean, I can't help but laugh at the lunacy and idiocy of that statement in what seems to be a perfectly genuine and serious worry of Othell Yarwyck's.

Renly made a crack at the parlay with Stannis about his wife and daughter being so ugly he understood why Stannis would send a fool to service her in the bedroom, or something of the sort that I thought was really funny.

As he opened the door to the captain's cabin, the dusky woman turned towards him, silent and smiling... But when she saw the red priest at his side her lips drew back from her teeth, and she hisssssed in sudden fury, like a snake. Victarion gave her the back of his good hand and knocked her to the deck. "Be quiet, woman. Wine for both of us."

Two of them, both care of Cersei:

1) On Sansa, after her escape:

I ought to have shown her to the black cells as the daughter of a traitor, but instead I made her part of mine own household. She shared my hearth and hall, played with my own children. I fed her, dressed her, tried to make her a little less ignorant about the world, and how did she repay me for my kindness?

The entire tirade was comical in a really sad way because Cersei actually believed what she was saying.

2) From a conversation with Margaery:

Robert won the tourney of the Trident...he overthrew Prince Rhaegar and named me his queen of love and beauty. I am surprised you do not know that story, good-daughter.

Buuuuuurrrrnnnn. Poor dead Rhaegar!

I don't think that Dolorous Edd intends to be funny....

For some reason I found this funny and sad as well

Stannis: I can shorten your tongue as easily as I did your fingers, smuggler.

Davos: I am your man, Your Grace. So it is your tongue, to do with as you please.

Courtesy of Davos Seaworth:

"He does not want to see you." Davos had to say something, to get the boy moving. "I am his Hand, I speak with his voice. Must I go to the king and tell him that you would not do as you were told? Do you know how angry that will make him? Have you ever seen your uncle angry?" He pulled off his glove and showed the boy the four fingers that Stannis had shortened. "I have."

Just the image of Stannis hacking off Davos's fingers in mindless rage and his implicit threat "this is gonna happen to you if you don't obey" to Edric make me laugh every time I read this.

Jaime's inner thoughts are one of the best:

“Your word of honor?” Ser Brynden raised an eyebrow. “Do you even know what honor is?”

A horse.

Ser Cleos looked like a weasel, fought like a goose, and had the courage of an especially brave ewe.

Sandor and Arya

“The next time you hit me, I’ll tie your hands behind your back,” he’d said. “The next time you try and run off, I’ll bind your feet together. Scream or shout or bite me again, and I’ll gag you. We can ride double, or I can throw you across the back of the horse trussed up like a sow for slaughter. Your choice.”

And then there is Cersei's story about changing clothes, can't get an image of little Jaime pretending to be Cersei out of my head.

Victarion in ADWD. All of it. Everything. (except at least half of it GRRM intended to have draw a chuckle).

Me too. I love him, sailing about, getting increasingly cranky, sacrificing people to every god that comes along. It's like Monty Python.

Any moment that involves Stannis and Jon interacting at Castle Black. Stannis tries so hard to be serious but he is so unintetionally funny all the time and Jon is there like "I have no fucks to give about what you're saying and I won't give you my castles no matter how much you insult me" :laugh:

Oh, and Val patting Ser Patrek's head and talking to him like he was a dog, epic.

Most of the exchanges between Tyrion and Oberyn in aSoS make me chuckle. But this one stood out as something "unintentionally funny" on Tyrion's part:

"You were close to your sister?"

"As children Elia and I were inseparable, much like your own brother and sister."

Gods, I hope not.

One of my favorites:

Samwell: Now listen to me. The old man is the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. You'll be with him day and night. Yes you'll clean his clothes, but you'll also take his letters, attend him at meetings, squire for him in battle, you'll know everything, be part of everything. And he asked for you himself. He wants to groom you for command.

Jon: I just, I always wanted to be a ranger.

Samwell: I always wanted to be a wizard.

And another one - the laughter stuck in my throat, but after all, Bronn *is* a sellsword:

Tyrion: Tell me, Bronn. If I told you to kill a babe... an infant girl, say, still at her mother's breast... would you do it? Without question?

Bronn: Without question? No. I'd ask how much.

After that, he rolled her in his horse blanket every night when he went to sleep, and tied ropes around her top and bottom so she was bound up as tight as a babe in swaddling clothes.

Sandor rolling up Arya in a blanket burrito at night :lol:

Stannis to Sam:

If you had not taken the black, you would make a useful hostage.

:leaving:

Archived