Is it possible that Jon has a Targ name?

Draxus

What if Jon really is a Viserys, Jahaerys, Daeron, or Maekar? lol What if Lyanna didn't name him Jon? What if she gave him an epic Targ name? And Ned just renamed him later to protect him? I realize this isn't a big deal so please don't come at me with a 'who cares' lol I'm just curious as usual of what you guys think.

Tell me it wouldn't be fucking awesome for Jon to be heralded by his epicly revealed true name, 'Viserion Targaryen' or something like that omg gives me goosebumps!

Rhaeger planned to have three children so they can ride dragons in future. He hoped his first son is Aegon reborn, so he must have two sisters reborn Rhaenys and reborn Visenya. Aegon's bigger sister was Rhaenys, because he thought she would be Rhaenys reborn. So he hoped that Lyanna will give him second daughter Visenya... so Rhaegar probably wanted to call child Visenya, but if he lived enough to name Jon, he would name him Viserys.

But Martin confirm it was Ned who named Jon.

When this comes up from time to time, I usually suggest that Jon's "Targaryen name" (assuming he has one) could be Daeron. There are a number of parallels between Jon and both Targaryen kings of that name, and we find out near the very beginning of Game that Jon idolizes Daeron I for his exploits in Dorne.

I think we can rule out any names already in use by living Targaryens, so that excludes Aerys, Viserys, and Aegon. The only other real possibility I could see would be Jaehaerys.

What if Jon really is a Viserys, Jahaerys, Daeron, or Maekar? lol What if Lyanna didn't name him Jon? What if she gave him an epic Targ name? And Ned just renamed him later to protect him? I realize this isn't a big deal so please don't come at me with a 'who cares' lol I'm just curious as usual of what you guys think.

Tell me it wouldn't be fucking awesome for Jon to be heralded by his epicly revealed true name, 'Viserion Targaryen' or something like that omg gives me goosebumps!

It was Ned who named him, if I remember correctly.

Looks like someone beat me to it.

But Martin confirm it was Ned who named Jon.

I am wildly guessing that Lyanna would have probably named Jon Brandon, after her brother who perished in King's Landing.

When this comes up from time to time, I usually suggest that Jon's "Targaryen name" (assuming he has one) could be Daeron. There are a number of parallels between Jon and both Targaryen kings of that name, and we find out near the very beginning of Game that Jon idolizes Daeron I for his exploits in Dorne.

That is interesting. For some odd reason, I've always imagined Rhaegar would have named him Aemon. I suppose it's mainly due to the brotherly love between Egg and Aemon.

Jonaerys.... :)

That is a name of a certain ship. :P

On any rate, I like the name Jon Snow. More so than any Targaryen name that Rhaegar could have given him.

Probably not. Remember, everyone thinks Aegon Frey's name is ridiculous.

Yes but that's because he's a Frey. I mean a Frey (generally thought as cravens) named after Aegon the Conqueror? Ya thats ridiculous. There's another one named Rhaegar too I think. :ack:

To the OP, I kind of like Jonaerys the first of his name. It's unique and it incorporates Jon into it while still being Targaryen.

That is a name of a certain ship. :P

What Jon and Dany?

I think we can rule out any names already in use by living Targaryens, so that excludes Aerys, Viserys, and Aegon. The only other real possibility I could see would be Jaehaerys.

Yes I agree: Jaehaerys or Daeron, but probably Daeron, the Young Dragon... Jon talks about him in AGOT right?? Although, if Rhaegar wanted a warriors name, I guess he could have also chosen Maekar.

Actually if Rhaegar was present at the birth, then Jon surely has a Targaryen name.

or Dave

Dave Targaryen

Made me laugh out loud :drunk:

Anyway if Jon is a Targaryen he should really need a Targaryen name, because Jon Targaryen sounds SO bleeding lame... No wonder Eddard named him... (Summer Islanders and Ned Stark have no imagination)

Archived