[Book Spoilers] A wedding, a warrior and a wight?

Father of Dragons

I don't know why everyone assumes that the older gent that Bran meets is going to be Cold Hands. It seems to me way too early in the story for that, even taking into consideration how far the TV series is from the books. Cold Hands meets Sam and Gilly first, and they have to pass under the wall to give Bran's party a way through.

I think that the older gent must therefore be the Liddle they meet in the mountains just south of the wall.

("Storm of Swords" Chapter 24)

I don't know why everyone assumes that the older gent that Bran meets is going to be Cold Hands. It seems to me way too early in the story for that, even taking into consideration how far the TV series is from the books. Cold Hands meets Sam and Gilly first, and they have to pass under the wall to give Bran's party a way through.

I think that the older gent must therefore be the Liddle they meet in the mountains just south of the wall.

("Storm of Swords" Chapter 24)

I think you misread. The synopsis says Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman, and that is why we have been saying Coldhands...I don't think most people have said anything about Bran....Unless I am remembering wrong (not about to check 17 pages.)

I think you misread. The synopsis says Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman, and that is why we have been saying Coldhands...I don't think most people have said anything about Bran....Unless I am remembering wrong (not about to check 17 pages.)

My bad. I did indeed misread. Thanks for the polite correction.

The synopsis says "older man", which would imply Coldhands, but in the preiview it looks like Sam The Slayer. Idk, maybe they'll have the Other come with a bunch of wights, Sam will kill the Other, only to be overwhelmed by the wights, then Coldhands arrives to save the day.

You do make a good point, so yeah I guess E9 would be a good place to have it. And fortunately we're going to finally get some plot development with Theon.

EDIT: But then I wanted some RW taunting as well. Maybe next season I guess.

The taunting would be nice but who's to say that can't be done in E1 of next season? We do have pretty much another full year of Theon at the Dreadfort coming so they'll need to fill it out somehow.

I also think that they should try and wrap up a couple storylines prior to the finale and Theon's should be done once the Ramsey reveal is made. I don't want them to be checking in on 10 different spots that episode.

My bad. I did indeed misread. Thanks for the polite correction.

It's funny but there have been numerous posters who have made the same mistake. I think it must be because people automatically associate Coldhands with Bran as opposed to Sam who meets him first.

I think they come late Saturday night, because I think the Russians get the episodes 24 hours before we do. Sure we won the Cold War, but the communists get Game of Thrones before we do. Which system of government was really better?

I think it's that stuff gets leaked and vkontakte (Russian version of Facebook) is just the first place they get posted on. Cos there are no real copyright laws so no risk of prosecution. That said, if the Russians do get them first, count me in on this GULag scheme!

Sam is not running into Bran's group, one is south and one is north of the wall, and we haven't had Queenscrown yet.

Also, after the cloak scene there will be much Sansa hate that flows again. She can't get a break.

I thought as much also. Hoping they'll do it so that she's so busy crying she doesn't notice he's trying to get her attention. If they have her standing there just refusing to kneel a bit, she will be hated foreverandever for denying our white knight Tyrion the embarrassment.

From all appearances the cloak bit is going to be Sansa's lone opportunity for defiance this season, so I'd rather they play that like in the books and then defend her from sexist idiots afterward, then remove her main moment of strength in that story.

From all appearances the cloak bit is going to be Sansa's lone opportunity for defiance this season, so I'd rather they play that like in the books and then defend her from sexist idiots afterward, then remove her main moment of strength in that story.

And I'd rather not defend her from idiots afterward and just make her shift happen after she leaves King's Landing. As far as adaptation goes, if I was in charge I'd have this be her low point in terms of control over her own life and the dreams she's had for years. It would fit with the trend this season people losing what defines them and being rebuilt because of it.

With the final death of her dream, she is in a position to be transformed. That would be my reasoning for having her just not noticing, though I can see why someone would choose to do it differently.

Archived