[Book Spoilers] A wedding, a warrior and a wight?

Father of Dragons

And I hope the raven attack stays,but I'm not so sure about that.

I do, too! Hell, I would even love a shot of a weirwood full of ravens (because of the Bloodraven symbolism) leading up to this scene but that may be too much to ask.

I could very easily see this being the case but with the scenes being split up from the beginning and near the end of the episode since the Slayer scene was originally shot to be in the previous episode.

I agree. I think that could work well.

There's a critic trailer for S3 which contains a shot of a shitload of ravens flying towards the screen in the woods where Sam is. So pretty sure that's in.

Great news! Should be a good episode :)

I know it's in vogue to hate Daario 'round these parts (just by his description in the books alone how do you not crack up) but he looks seriously improved in the show. Look at that smug-ass grin on his face in the previews and tell me it's not great, and there's nary a blue hair, golden mustachio, or yellow suede suit to be seen.

IDK, guys, I think I might... end up liking Daario.

My thought is that they'll have the reveal be almost concurrent with the events of the RW. You have the ceremony, going into the reception, Catelyn notices that Roose has left, and then cut to the Dreadfort where finally Ramsay says what happened at Winterfell and how his father was complicit. Then you cut back to the RW just as the shit starts to go down and Roose comes back in and takes out Robb.

I hope they do it in this fashion. The Bolton reveals should occur in the same episode and nearly simultaneously, IMO.

I know it's in vogue to hate Daario 'round these parts (just by his description in the books alone how do you not crack up) but he looks seriously improved in the show. Look at that smug-ass grin on his face in the previews and tell me it's not great, and there's nary a blue hair, golden mustachio, or yellow suede suit to be seen.

Its not just that, its the way he acts too. He takes bribes, he gives terrible advice (his advice was to slaughter the Yunkai nobility at a wedding) , and he's incredibly obnoxious.

I hope they do it in this fashion. The Bolton reveals should occur in the same episode and nearly simultaneously, IMO.

My only issue with the reveal playing out like this is that it doesn't allow Theon to find out that Robb and Catelyn have been murdered, which I think would work well to close out that story line for the season and ties it in to the other plot thread (tangentially, at least). Also, just remember that scene with Theon describing how he could never match up with Robb, just by the simple virtue of Robb 'being who he [is]', and I can definitely see that being brought up again. It'll be Theon's chance to ruminate on the Red Wedding, like nearly every other character will be doing in the finale, and it will give the audience a full two episodes before seeing Theon again, which I think is best for the pacing of the season (or will be, at least, during a re-watch). More than anything, though, I don't think they should cut away from switching between Arya and the Hound outside of the Twins, and Robb, Catelyn and the rest inside at the wedding once they've committed to starting the slaughter.

People seem to forget in the books that Robb was in the process of slinking back with his tail between his legs to the North to try and retake it from the Ironborn when he got to the RW. All of ASoS is about him being in a death spiral and losing the strategic war and the hearts of his men. The only positive thing that happens in the books is right before the RW, where he finally acknowledges that his campaign in the Riverlands is doomed so he regroups to head back North. In the show, they've replaced this action with him deciding to take Casterly Rock which he establishes is an achievable goal as long as he has the Frey's onside.

Agreed.

On the other hand, in the books he was on his way back to take Moat Cailin when he crosses the Twins. It was just there, in his path, some other boring task he had to do before resuming his war. There was much talk about strategy, how he'd redeploy his troops, even leaving Cat at Seagard, etc., that I think no one really though much of the Frey wedding at all.

Now they're going back to the Twins to win the Frey's army, in a campaign to take Casterly Rock all the way at the West. Edmure's wedding feels much more important and more urgent, especially since it's during the end of the season, that even those that can not envision the scale of shit that will be the Red Wedding, know that things will not go smoothly.

They should have made this all about Moat Cailin and retaking the North, so that the viewers would actually expect the grand finale of the season to be the battle against the ironborns, only to be gutted by Robb's death. They could even draw a parallele with the attack of the wildlings at the Wall, giving it a sense that Robb would deal with the ironborns now, but have to deal with Mance next season... anyway, there's plenty they could have done, but now the surprise is half-ruined.

They should have made this all about Moat Cailin and retaking the North, so that the viewers would actually expect the grand finale of the season to be the battle against the ironborns, only to be gutted by Robb's death. They could even draw a parallele with the attack of the wildlings at the Wall, giving it a sense that Robb would deal with the ironborns now, but have to deal with Mance next season... anyway, there's plenty they could have done, but now the surprise is half-ruined.

I'm not sure if this would have worked out terribly well. In my group of Unsullied the hatred towards the Lannisters is far greater than anything towards the Ironborn. They're generally happy at the thought of Tywin's house being taken.

http://www.seat42f.c...ons-photos.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/flat/214577790

Looks like Tyrion will be married in the Great Sept of Baelor, which looked to be the case since that scene in the second trailer of Joff walking with Sansa.

Also looks like we'll get the Dany nude scene alluded to in Clarke's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's show. So she wasn't just blowing steam in the hopes of attracting more viewers. This should quell the rumors of Clarke's alleged anti-nudity clause.

By the way, called it! I knew there would be some sexy developments to the Dany/Missandei relationship this season. Can't wait to see where this goes. =P

We don't like your kind around here, boy :whip:

Also looks like we'll get the Dany nude scene alluded to in Clarke's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's show. So she wasn't just blowing steam in the hopes of attracting more viewers. This should quell the rumors of Clarke's alleged anti-nudity clause.

Umm so the actress who was essentially the first character that we see naked in this show has an anti-nudity clause?

Seriously, who starts these rumours?

Agreed.

On the other hand, in the books he was on his way back to take Moat Cailin when he crosses the Twins. It was just there, in his path, some other boring task he had to do before resuming his war. There was much talk about strategy, how he'd redeploy his troops, even leaving Cat at Seagard, etc., that I think no one really though much of the Frey wedding at all.

Now they're going back to the Twins to win the Frey's army, in a campaign to take Casterly Rock all the way at the West. Edmure's wedding feels much more important and more urgent, especially since it's during the end of the season, that even those that can not envision the scale of shit that will be the Red Wedding, know that things will not go smoothly.

I surely wasn't the only person who saw the Red Wedding coming? It had doom spelt all over it from the very beginning, from Cat's discomforting warnings to Grey Wind's anxiety and ferocity and the huge amount of emphasis being placed upon just how important guest right is. It hardly felt like just a wedding. It was spread over multiple chapters so I immediately thought it was curious and certainly more than "some other boring task." The actual shocking part of the RW is the How and the What, rather than the When and the Why. You just don't see what's coming come until it actually happens. Reading through the Unsullied thread at the TWoP forums, most people seem to think Robb is going to die (but then again, a lot think Tywin will die too), yet they don't see the slaughter coming at all, they don't think it will happen as it does, they don't think Cat is going to die and so on. The doom is spelled because it is supposed to be. Would you rather a say "oh, wow, so Robb and Cat are dead? I didn't see that coming" or "I can't believe they killed them like that! How horrible."

Archived