Armies of the Vale

I seem to recall that LF specifically said that the Vale could field 20,000 men. If Sansa ever gets some control/influence through Harry the Heir, those 20,000 could be used to defend the Wall if she receives pleas from the NW, especially if Jon Snow asks her. Those 20,000 could very well determine the future of mankind.

Littlefinger said the Lord Declarant can field 20,000 men. The Lord's Declarant are 6 lords among the two score Vale Houses. They are the most powerful 6, most probably, but by no means the full strength of the Vale. The Vale's full strength is likely twice that, at least.

I think the Vale will declare for either Aegon or Dany. If they do declare for Aegon then I think it will be after the death of LF, as a can't imagine him ever aligning himself with Varys.

Littlefinger would align himself with anything or anybody if he thought it advanced his position in the world. Varys would be the one who would have a major problem aligning himself with Littlefinger but he would have to swallow his objections if Aegon decided aligning with Littlefinger was to his advantage .

Littlefinger said the Lord Declarant can field 20,000 men. The Lord's Declarant are 6 lords among the two score Vale Houses. They are the most powerful 6, most probably, but by no means the full strength of the Vale. The Vale's full strength is likely twice that, at least.

great catch. There is no doubt that the 40,000 men from the Vale will tip the balance of power is somebody's favor in the coming wars. That's why what's happening in the Vale is so important. Whoever controls the Vale will have a lot of power going forward.

I think the Vale will declare for either Aegon or Dany. If they do declare for Aegon then I think it will be after the death of LF, as a can't imagine him ever aligning himself with Varys.

I think Aegon will make his next target

and an fraction nobody mentioned that will/should certainly cause LF an headache: the tribes of the mountains of the moon

(thanks to tywin they got an weapon upgrade thanks to tyrion they KNOW sansa)

For the time being, the Vale shouldn't declare for anybody. By the end of Dance, there are only two conflicts going on. Stannis vs the Boltons in the North and the Lannister/ Tyrell alliance vs. the (F)Aegon/ Dorne alliance in the South. It's best interests are to let each of those armies weaken themselves against each other. Littlefinger would probably hope for the Boltons and Lannisters to win out, but I still don't believe it would be worth risking his men to tip the scales.

There are two factors that LF hasn't counted on that will force his hand eventually (assuming he lives long enough to see either one) - the Others invasion and Dany landing with Dragons. And no matter which one happens to arrive at the Vale first, they really don't stand too much of a chance.

I seem to recall that LF specifically said that the Vale could field 20,000 men. If Sansa ever gets some control/influence through Harry the Heir, those 20,000 could be used to defend the Wall if she receives pleas from the NW, especially if Jon Snow asks her. Those 20,000 could very well determine the future of mankind.

Just the Lords Declarant, the entire force the Vale could raise could be 30-35,000

I think Aegon will make his next target

and an fraction nobody mentioned that will/should certainly cause LF an headache: the tribes of the mountains of the moon

(thanks to tywin they got an weapon upgrade thanks to tyrion they KNOW sansa)

LF and the other Vale Lords need to handle those guys or else i can see them throwing a monkey wrench in his plans. I bet on the way to the Gates Harry the Heir and his party get jumped by the mountain clans.

LF and the other Vale Lords need to handle those guys or else i can see them throwing a monkey wrench in his plans. I bet on the way to the Gates Harry the Heir and his party get jumped by the mountain clans.

trick question is LF able to handle them? I highly doubt it

Archived