at first...but now..

Dany Girl

Dany-Used to like her in AGoT didn't really care in ACoK and ASoS and now I completely dislike her

Sansa-Used to be Sympathetic,But I like her now.

Sam-I thought he whined more than Dany did but He's getting better.

Jaime, Jaime, Jaime

I still want to hate him for pushing my fave Bran off the tower, but I can't. Curse you and your great character development GRRM! I am putty in your hands!

Gotta agree. I can't forgive him, but I now at least understand him. Lots of conflict in his character development which makes for great reading.

I'm another one who despised Cersei in AGoT only to end up being quite fond of her in some twisted way in AFfC. Once we saw her POV I think it shed light on a lot of things for fans...one being that she's actually batshit crazy LOL. Second, that there are some very miniscule, fleeting moments when you almost feel sorry for her...and then she does/says something so cray-cray that it all flies away as if it was never there.

She is pretty much the perfect example of a character you love to hate. I'm really going to miss that crazy mofo if/when she perishes. She really does add an element to the series that I think would be sorely missed if it wasn't there.

Jaime- He has a brilliant story arc. ASOS onwards he is just too good especially the dreams and the regrets from his Mad king days.

Dany -Not a great story arc and she comes across as too childish and one dimensional .The way she rejects Quentyn and Dorne is just ridiculous. And whats the point of burning yourself for Dragons if you wont train them.

Considering the OP, definitely Jaime. For me it all changed when he became a POV. It allowed you to not just see his actions through the eyes of someone judging him, but to hear his own thoughts. Once you had his POV it changed who he was and how he was seen. Of course, it doesn't explain away pushing Bran, but it does the rest.

Second place is Bran. I found him boring as shit for almost all five books. Toward the end I now find him interesting just because of his potential.

I find it weird how many people base their opinion on a character off how funny/entertaining are their chapters. I find it quite nonobjective. You know can love love reading about someone but hate that someone, right?

Now, I think there is difference between changing opinion on a character because the character itself changes and changing opinion because of rethinking or learning more. I changed my opinion the most about Jaime, but that's because he changed and I didn't continue to stubbornly hate him after he (partially) redeemed himself. From character who didn't change, probably nobody. I am not that sort of guy who just changes his mind for no reason.

The way things are set up there are several characters that Martin wants us to see one way in GoT and morphs in subsequent books. Sansa weak and ditzy, Jaime evil and self-absorbed, Tyrion as basically a nice guy dealt a bad hand in life, etc. Stannis as inflexible and intolerant.

Who knows, maybe Sam Tarly goes through a transformation and finds the strength to stand up to Randyll.

Question though to people who started liking Dany to later not liking her so much... Do you think it is mostly because of her story arc not moving along as expected? I mean, I think we all read GoT thinking, "Oh yea, by the end of next book she'll be raining dragon fire down all over Westeros!" only to find her in almost the same position in ADwD and I think that is a big part of it.

Definantly. After GOT I was like "watch out Lannisters" but then it turned into 5 books of Dany pissing off Essos.

Although im pretty excited for her eventual meeting with Tyrion.

Theon.

I used to hate him. He was such an asshole, the way he treated women made me angry & I was really mad at him thinking he really had killed Bran & Rickon.

But then Reek happened and I really started to pity him and I kinda liked him a little. Heroic escape with Jeyne Polle made me like him even more and now he is one of my favs.

At first I didn't take any notice of Petyr Baelish. I thought he was a background character (I also thought he was really old for some reason... even though in the books hes 28-29) and would die in an unimpressive (off page) kinda way.

Once I realize he was the one sending Sansa messages and he was behind almost everything, he is now my favorite character and while I still think he is going to die, I think it will be near the end and in a very epic sort of way.

No this is one instance where Sansa is innocent.

It's a misconception among some that only Jeyne did it. It was actually a lot of people. Theon tells "Arya" that your sister used to call you horseface. Sansa calls Arya horsey twice in her POV in AGoT (when Arya went to get flowers for Ned and when she looked for Rhaegar's rubies) and ugly once when Ned told them they were leaving KL.

Archived