Galactus watches Buffy: And it's all Datepalm's fault

Galactus

Season One Giles is a different beast from what they do with the character in later seasons, and he very much improves from S2 onwards. And yeah, I used to quite like Xander when I was younger but he's creeptastic to watch now.

I must be missing something - was there a problem with Giles in season one? :stunned:

Episode 6: The pack

Hyenas! Does this involve those african hyena-men with two mouths?

I'm kind of curious, Buffy's reputation seems to be that she's "dangerous" gets into fights etc... And people still try to bully her?

The principal actually appears to do his job. Shocking.

Glowy-eyed Hyenas!

That sounded more likey monkeys than hyenas.

She's still got Angel's leather jacket?

Why does hyena possession turn people into stereotypical macho-turds? Aren't hyenas matriarchal?

Xander looks damn creepy when he's evil. He'd make a great vilain of the crazy kind.

Buffy is right, that pig is cute.

That scene with the dodgeball was actually vaguely well done, for the creepy effect that is.

HERBERT! NOOOOO!!!!

Duck possession would be pretty rad.

So we get sexual assault and principal-eating simultaneusly!

Okay, leaving Willow to guard Xander is an obviously bad idea.

Huh, good girl. Didn't fall for it.

...And the bad guy ends up eaten by hyenas.

Death toll:

50's Guy (RIP!)

Jesse (Vampirized)

Bouncer with Moobs (Eaten by Luke)

Unnamed girl (eaten by Luke)

Amy's Mom (Statueized

Homeless Guy (Vampire Scissored)

Science Teacher (mantis'ed

Five people on a bus (killed by the Sons of Aurelius)

Herbert the Pig (eaten by Xander possessed by hyenas)

Principal Flutie (eaten by hyena possessed students)

What did you mean by "that kind of librarian"?

The kind who views his books as a treasure to be kept out of the hands of the common man rather than a fount of knowledge to be shared :P

I remember finding this episode (eg. The Pack) hilariously bad when I did the equivalent of what Galactus is now doing a few years back. But I did like that they killed off the Principal - seemed like an indicator that the showrunners were willing to mess around with the status quo at least a little bit. Especially since

his replacement is so awesome! Principal Snyder was one of my favourite characters on the show

ST

I remember finding this episode (eg. The Pack) hilariously bad when I did the equivalent of what Galactus is now doing a few years back. But I did like that they killed off the Principal - seemed like an indicator that the showrunners were willing to mess around with the status quo at least a little bit. Especially since

his replacement is so awesome! Principal Snyder was one of my favourite characters on the show

ST

I had actually forgotten that moment when I watched the series again after a LONG hiatus (in fact my whole relationship with the show is strange), and I was still shocked by it before remembering it from the last time I'd seen it. You just don't kill off recurring characters after six episodes, what is this ginger thinking!?

Episode 6: The pack

Xander looks damn creepy when he's evil. He'd make a great vilain of the crazy kind.

I didn't see the actor do anything after Buffy until he played a psychotic rapist on an arc of Private Practice. I was deeply disturbed by it, even more so because it was Xander.

Episode 7: Angel

I wonder who this episode is going to focus on? Bet it's Willow!

"The Three"? They're already running out of names?

Although now that I think about it, they do like ther blunt descripive names "The Master" "The Slayer" "The Anointed ONe" "The Watcher"

Xander is possibly the world's worst dancer.

Stalking Angel!

Armour? Realy?

How strong is Buffy anyaway? She's obviously stronger than normal, but what she can do seems to vary by plot.

Angel: World's worst excusemaker.

Also, he has no chest hair.

Surpirse mom!

He's trying the entire Batman schtick way too hard.

Huh, the Three obviously didn't get to do much.

Does the Master's Blonde Henchwoman who's been with us since episode one even have a name?

"How can you love an Umpire!?"

Angel does the entire "Murderous stare" thing pretty well.

So she's called Darla, good to know.

That's really the oldest trick in the vampire book.

I keep expecting them to call Buffy, but I guess it's a case of cellphones not being quite in the public mind yet.

I like how Darla just pulls a gun.

He's trying the entire Batman schtick way too hard.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

I keep expecting them to call Buffy, but I guess it's a case of cellphones not being quite in the public mind yet.

I think cellphones are only introduced to Sunnydale in season 7 (which ran from '02 to '03).

How strong is Buffy anyaway? She's obviously stronger than normal, but what she can do seems to vary by plot.

Also, he has no chest hair.

This always confused me, she is definitely stronger than vampires, but occasionally she can do absurdly strong things, in a later series she wields a hammer, spike can't even lift.

The chest hair thing gets mentioned in Bones at least once. Whether Boreanaz likes to wax or he's just not a very hairy man :dunno: He's still probably a little bit too skinny at this point in Buffy, but in later series he puts a bit more weight on, and is easily the sexiest thing on this show (I feel like I'm betraying my first TV love for Willow :P )

Yes. Rita Morgan :P

:lol:

I think cellphones are only introduced to Sunnydale in season 7 (which ran from '02 to '03).

I can't honestly remember them using mobile phones at all in Buffy. They use pagers from time to time in Angel.

Archived