Galactus watches Buffy: And it's all Datepalm's fault

Galactus

Episode 3: The Witch

Buffy is trying out for cheerleading squad?

Nice witch-lair thingie? Certainly looks the part.

I find myself completely unable to tell whether or not any of the cheerleaders are supposed to be good or not.

*sings* "This girls is ON FIIIREEEEE!"

Giles is terribly happy about the entire thing. (I like Giles)

"I laugh in the face of danger... Then I hide in the back until it goes away."

I have a vague idea I've seen this episode before. Or possibly just the plot. Let's see where it goes.

I like how they're basically treating Cordelia like a monster, cineastically.

I think Smallville had an episode with a similar premise?

Oooh, mouthless. Always creepy.

Yep, I've seen this one before.

Honestly, I kind of like these cheesy high-school supernatural stuff. It's hardly good, but it's entertaining, especialy when sprinkled with snappy banter.

Death toll:

50's Guy (RIP!)

Jesse (Vampirized)

Bouncer with Moobs (Eaten by Luke)

Unnamed girl (eaten by Luke)

Amy's Mom (Statueized)

What I remember most about "The Witch" is (minor spoiler)

laughing a year or two later, when another character (Oz) is just waiting in the hallway looking at the trophy case and moving his head back and forth and says something about the eyes following him whichever way he looks at it from.

This show has some great continuity sometimes.

Edit for spoiler tag... just in case.

S5 has some good ideas but the villain, while at a good power level, just isn't very interesting or fun to watch and the season as a whole suffers from a lack of great individual scripts. It's got a few stand out episodes but most of the meat of the seasons is mediocre. A problem for the series as a whole, I think, from then on and even in S4.

S5 was when I ended up watching for the Season Arc and just enduring the episode's arc.

It's been forever since I watched it, but as I recall for me part of the problem was her power level. There just didn't seem to be justification for her sitting around not really doing much for the whole season when she should have just been able to...win. They went with a similar concept for one of the seasons of Angel (massively overpowered Godling trying to take over) and felt it was done much much better there.

Completely agree with Indepedent George on S4 as well.

HBO should pick this up - and give us Angelus with HBO levels of sex and violence.

It would be pretty amazing, Angelus was a great character but would have the potential to be even better on a fully adult themed show.

Am I alone in thinking a spin off show about the adventures of Angelus and Darla back in the old days would have been awesome?.

The were faint mumblings at one point to do a Ripper spin off, but it never gained any traction.

It would be pretty amazing, Angelus was a great character but would have the potential to be even better on a fully adult themed show.

Only if the sort out the wigs and accents :lol:

The wigs, the accents, and the holy fucking egregious historical (and geographical) inaccuracies... not even The Tudors had anything as stoopid as the scene where Dru, in the mid-1800s, goes to Confession in a massive "Catholic" cathedral in London and tells a terrible tale of a nearby mine collapse... yyyeeeaaaahhhh.

(But if they can be bothered to crack even one history book, then I'd totally watch that series!)

The were faint mumblings at one point to do a Ripper spin off, but it never gained any traction.

Only if the sort out the wigs and accents :lol:

I remember reading something about that too, and also some sort of Spike spin off was mentioned by James Marsters a few years ago but that too never went anywhere.

:lol: I'm with you on the wigs and accents though, David Boreaneaz was never cut out to play an Irishman.

HBO should pick this up - and give us Angelus with HBO levels of sex and violence.

After the way True Blood became increasingly ridiculous with each season I'm not sure I'd entirely trust HBO with another vampire show.

Really? I found Dawn fine. Only character I really couldn't stand was Riley.

I wouldn't say Dawn was my favourite character, but I didn't mind her too much. I agree Riley was worse, at least Dawn served a purpose in the show other than being a temporary love interest.

I wouldn't say Dawn was my favourite character, but I didn't mind her too much. I agree Riley was worse, at least Dawn served a purpose in the show other than being a temporary love interest.

I dunno man. Dawn was just a Macguffin during the time she was useful; after season 5 she was dead weight. At least Riley had a function during his entire run on the show.

I dunno man. Dawn was just a Macguffin during the time she was useful; after season 5 she was dead weight. At least Riley had a function during his entire run on the show.

They clearly ran out of ideas of what to do with Riley so made him a whiny bitch who was jealous of Angel and Spike. I never got the impression they were forcing any of Dawn's actions or interactions, it just worked alongside everyone else. Whereas the Riley stuff just seemed strapped on, and I really couldn't have cared less.

They clearly ran out of ideas of what to do with Riley so made him a whiny bitch who was jealous of Angel and Spike. I never got the impression they were forcing any of Dawn's actions or interactions, it just worked alongside everyone else. Whereas the Riley stuff just seemed strapped on, and I really couldn't have cared less.

That was always a part of his character though. They didn't run out of ideas and shove it on him. It doesn't suddenly show up. It shows up in S4 at basically the first instant she shows she's stronger then him. It's just that before S5, they have other shit they are dealing with and so it gets sidelined.

He's a very traditional guy and he feels emasculated to some extent that his girlfriend outmatches him on all counts in the very field he is specialized in. He's always on the outside. And then she sidelines him even more and he's all "I don't have to take this".

I think the fact that he is supposed to be an outsider to some extent can make him feel, well, marginal, but that's kinda that point. He's a well done character even if he is, sort of by design, one no one is really gonna 'ship the way they do Spike or Angel.

I think the fact that he is supposed to be an outsider to some extent can make him feel, well, marginal, but that's kinda that point. He's a well done character even if he is, sort of by design, one no one is really gonna 'ship the way they do Spike or Angel.

You know in a weird way that's always kind of bothered me. People hate Riley (on average) because OMG he's BORING. And by boring they mean he's a good, dependable person. So people would rather see screwed up realtionships leading to hurt and psychological trauma than a relationship where both parties are happy and the main character is invovled with a decent human being.

You know in a weird way that's always kind of bothered me. People hate Riley (on average) because OMG he's BORING. And by boring they mean he's a good, dependable person. So people would rather see screwed up realtionships leading to hurt and psychological trauma than a relationship where both parties are happy and the main character is invovled with a decent human being.

It is pretty fucked up on the audiences part, isn't it?

I guess it's not enough DRAMA!, but then funnily enough that's also Buffy's problem with Riley.

It is pretty fucked up on the audiences part, isn't it?

I guess it's not enough DRAMA!, but then funnily enough that's also Buffy's problem with Riley.

For which Xander justifiably scolds her. So sad...

Archived