Galactus watches Buffy: And it's all Datepalm's fault

Galactus

I've always referred to "Angel" as "Twilight" done correctly. Well, as correctly as it possibly can be done. As a fan of sappy romance, it's one of my top twenty episodes.

I've always referred to "Angel" as "Twilight" done correctly. Well, as correctly as it possibly can be done. As a fan of sappy romance, it's one of my top twenty episodes.

Everyone seems to forget that vampires are really just analogies for rapists. Which adds a whole new level of wrong to Twilight.

You have no idea. "it doesn't age well" doesn't begin to describe. Learn to laugh.

So much this. It was already pretty ropy when I first saw it in 2001 or so. 12 years later... dear lord! :stunned:

Beer Bad?

+1 :thumbsup:

I Robot You Jane is by far the worst episode from all 7 seasons IMO; Beer Bad and Doublemeat are lame, but lack both the technological idiocy* and the pearls-clutching message about OMG TEH EV0LS OF TEH INTERNETS.

*Favourite moment? When super tech genius Willow reacts to Weird Computer Shenanigans by switching off the monitor. Yeah, that'll help.

My post got accidentally lost, so I'll just say that yes, this was hokey. The actual idea is pretty neat (although it's been done before) but yeesh.

Dave and Fritz are dead.

+1 :thumbsup:

I Robot You Jane is by far the worst episode from all 7 seasons IMO; Beer Bad and Doublemeat are lame, but lack both the technological idiocy* and the pearls-clutching message about OMG TEH EV0LS OF TEH INTERNETS.

*Favourite moment? When super tech genius Willow reacts to Weird Computer Shenanigans by switching off the monitor. Yeah, that'll help.

Why does Doublemeat Palace get so much hate? Maybe it's from working in fast food as a college graduate, but I thought it was tremendously on the nose satire.

Beer Bad is bad, but it's at least bad in a funny way. My submission for worst ep? Where the Wild Things Are. My God.

I Robot, You Jane is pretty bad, but it's bad in the season 1 way, which means it's bad in a delightfully underbudgeted, corny way; it's also bad in a nostalgic "opinions computers in the late nineties" way, which has definitely dated the episode but also serves as a nice piece of historical study if one wants to look at it. I mean, the horrosThe Internet! How dangerous it can be! Instant Messaging! COMPUTER NERDS! OH, THE SODOM THAT SHALL FOLLOW THE PROLIFERATION OF THE COMPUTER!!!

I'm now wondering if technophobia is a general Whedon thing. The Internet kept on being evil right through Buffy, and Angel hated phones, and Dollhouse was all about evil technology and Firefly was science fiction that tried as hard as possible to mystify technology.

Where The Wild Things Are is my least favorite episode ever. At least Beer Bad had some good quips in it.

And Doublemeat Palace has Spuffy. So it gets a pass from me. :P

Shoot, you know that part where

they bump uglies up against the side of a greasy fast food restaurant wall adjacent to the dumpster

was the hottest thing ever. Don't even lie.

Where the Wild Things Are has it all. Fundamentalist Christians evil for no reason. Unforeshadowed resolution. Lazy characterization. Terrible metaphor in a show KNOWN for blunt metaphors. Worst anti-anti abstinence lesson ever. And implied child sex.

Archived