Jump to content

Durckad

Members
  • Content count

    2,852
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Durckad

  • Rank
    Opi-YUM!
  • Birthday 06/28/1983

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    The Knickerbocker

Recent Profile Visitors

6,754 profile views
  1. Durckad

    Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

    Well, let's not go overboard here. HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN UNPOPULAR OPINION IN THE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS THREAD!?
  2. Durckad

    Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

    Correct. Good steak goes on a stick OR in a brown paper bag.
  3. Durckad

    Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

    Because it's delicious.
  4. Durckad

    Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

    I don't know who that is, but you're a monster.
  5. Durckad

    All things Star Wars

    Can we at least agree that all 3 of those movies just fucking suck? Even then, I'd still heartily disagree that TPM is the best of the lot. For one, it's just so fucking boring or cringingly annoying for at least 90% of its runtime and that remaining 10% is either the lightsaber fight or the pod race sequence. And, honestly, the pod race is also boring because it's just a bunch of nonsense CGI bullshit and uninteresting characters. The light saber fight is cool but it pales compared to... well pretty much all of the light saber duels from Empire, Jedi, and even Force Awakens. It's flashy and fun, but lacks any emotional resonance or tension whatsoever, primarily because Maul is more of a plot device than a real character. It's pure spectacle over substance. While RotS may not be much better, at least it aims a little higher than the big budget Command and Conquer cut scene mess that is TPM. In short, fuck TPM. It's utterly godawful.
  6. Durckad

    Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

    Pick a side you dirty centrist!
  7. Durckad

    Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

    Aside from Hardhome, which was actually a spectacularly bright spot in the season, pretty much everything else was just a huge step down from the other seasons. Mereen was somehow even worse than the books, though thankfully it was resolved much more quickly. The Wall story is not bad, but the ending betrayal is very perfunctory and lacks any real bite. The Dorne, Sansa, and Brienne stories are generally just... bad. I'm not someone who complains about every minor change in the show, hell, I liked the last season quite a bit, but Season 5 tested my devotion. I was not at all looking forward to Season 6, but thankfully it was a major step up in quality. Can't argue with that. Season 2 has some serious pacing issues and Pullo and Vorenus get a bit sidelined at times, but there's some good stuff in that season and it is worth watching at least once. Perfect? No, but it's still good television. Well, what is? Unpopular Opinion: While bacon is great, I think that some people take their love of it a bit too far. It's just a strip of fried fat, not the god's ambrosia. Also unpopular opinion: Deep dish is the best way to eat pizza. Fight me. Unpopular Opinion Detected!
  8. Durckad

    Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

    It got worse (much, much worse, season 5 was a toilet) and then it got a bit better. Even though Rome Season 2 is a step down from Season 1, it's still pretty fucking great, if only for James Purefoy hamming it up as Marc Antony. Ham is a way better Thanksgiving food than turkey.
  9. Durckad

    Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

    I watched exactly one episode of Spartacus and it was monumentally stupid. The ridiculous amounts of super fake CGI blood flying around was horrible to watch. I know people who say it gets much, much better but unless it happens immediately, I just don't care.
  10. Durckad

    Video Games: A Far Cry From E3

    Maybe they're finally going to release that sweet horse armor DLC for Fallout 3.
  11. Anna Von Hausswolff - "The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra"
  12. Durckad

    Unpopular opinions

    Really? I always considered it a somewhat classic (and dark) episode. Maybe my Internet Hate-O-Meter isn't calibrated correctly or something
  13. Durckad

    Unpopular opinions

    There is nothing controversial about liking this episode.
  14. Well, you could go see Genysis instead. I heard she's like the least robotic thing in that movie!
  15. Durckad

    Unpopular opinions

    I like The Beatles but really only their later stuff. Their early stuff is mostly covers and vapid love songs. Lottsa good melodies and catchy songs, but nothing earthshattering.
×