Corn Code Revision 8. The Game of Thrones exposed.

Ser Creighton

Since you are interested in other 3 patterns:

Patchface in the chapter where Val is presented to Selyse:

"Away, away," the fool sang. "Come with me beneath the sea, away, away, away."

And another one from the chapter where Tormunds wildlings come through the wall:

"Corn," the bird said, and, "King," and, "Snow, Jon Snow, Jon Snow."

This seems similar to the Lady Tully pattern from your latest revision.

I am saving the Jon code for a special write up though the basics of it are in the reply section already. Yes and you are correct similar to Tully but it is also related to another code in chapter 44.

Mind if I ask where the away quote is from. Cause that's not a good code. That I need to look up, even what book would be great. And thank you for posting it.

Well, if we're going to go to that depth of detail, what about monkey shit on Victarion's ship - "splat splat splat" ?

Well it wasn't a bad catch and shows Martin using 3's it's just not code related. However good use quotation marks on the shit. The monkey's have killed. Is that actually written down like that cause it's a kill code and sacrifices were made. Just saying, and that fits Martins humor pretty damn well.

so what does this from WoW mean?

The smith's name was Mikken, Mikken, Mikken. I had him put to death before me!

"Mikken," Jeyne said.

what about?

"The ground?" said Theon. "What ground? Here? This misbegotten tower? This wretched little village? You have no high ground here, no walls to hide beyond, no natural defenses."

"Yet."

"Yet," both ravens screamed in unison. Then one quorked, and the other muttered, "Tree, tree, tree."

The door opened. Beyond, the world was white. The knight of the three moths entered, his legs caked with snow. He stomped his feet to knock it off and said, "Your Grace, the Karstarks are taken. A few of them resisted, and died for it. Most were too confused, and yielded quietly. We have herded them all into the longhall and confined them there."

or this?

The memory left Theon writhing in his chains. "Let me down," he pleaded. "Just for a little while, then you can hang me up again." Stannis Baratheon looked up at him, but did not answer. "Tree," a raven cried. "Tree, tree, tree." Then other bird said, "Theon," clear as day, as Asha came striding through the door.

and last this?

"Theon is my mother's last surviving son. When his brothers died, it shattered her. His death will crush what remains of her... but I have not come to beg you for his life."

"Wise. I am sorry for your mother, but I do not spare the lives of turncloaks. This one, especially. He slew two sons of Eddard Stark. Every northman in my service would abandon me if I showed him any clemency. Your brother must die."

"Then do the deed yourself, Your Grace." The chill in Asha's voice made Theon shiver in his chains. "Take him out across the lake to the islet where the weirwood grows, and strike his head off with that sorcerous sword you bear. That is how Eddard Stark would have done it. Theon slew Lord Eddard's sons. Give him to Lord Eddard's gods. The old gods of the north. Give him to the tree."

And suddenly there came a wild thumping, as the maester's ravens hopped and flapped inside their cages, their black feathers flying as they beat against the bars with loud and raucous caws. "The tree," one squawked, "the tree, the tree," whilst the second screamed only, "Theon, Theon, Theon."

Theon Greyjoy smiled. They know my name, he thought.

Alright bubba you get request.

The first code about the Smith I need more info on but it is a kill code. Though punctuation indicates it is a minor character getting the axe. The other three I am going to combine because they are all related. The first use of tree indicates a choice is being made that is heading to danger at the Wierwood tree. The second use of the tree pattern indicates a choice now will lead to danger or that this tree talk is head in a bad direction in the future. So something bad will happen involving the choices of that tree both now as in deciding to take someone there and the future something bad is going to happen at that tree and they should probably not be doing this. So your probably wondering about Theon. No he is not going to die. It is not the right Code for Theon, he is a major character the code would look like this "Theon! Theon! Theon!" or at the very least like this "Theon. Theon. Theon." though he will be involved in a death or that Theon may go back to Reek and thus his name dies. However looking at the scene I will point you in the direction the Knight with the 3 moths on his shield. He is already marked for death. Hope this helps.

I am saving the Jon code for a special write up though the basics of it are in the reply section already. Yes and you are correct similar to Tully but it is also related to another code in chapter 44.

Mind if I ask where the away quote is from. Cause that's not a good code. That I need to look up, even what book would be great. And thank you for posting it.

The Patchface quote is from ADWD chapter 53, the part where Val is presented to Selyse.

It struck out to me, because I thought that next to Mormont's raven and Hodor, he would also be a likely candidate who could use this pattern.

edit:

Right after saying that, he takes Shireen's hand and leaves with her. After leaving Jon and Val have their discussion about Greyscale...

The Patchface quote is from ADWD chapter 53, the part where Val is presented to Selyse.

It struck out to me, because I thought that next to Mormont's raven and Hodor, he would also be a likely candidate who could use this pattern.

edit:

Right after saying that, he takes Shireen's hand and leaves with her. After leaving Jon and Val have their discussion about Greyscale...

Yes Patch face is tough but he did use a kill code before in Kings prologue last page. "fool, fool, fool" problem is it had no quotation marks. here that problem exists again. Now I originally thought this was a kill code but have changed my mind. Patchface didn't kill the Maester, the Maester killed the Maester, he made a choice and it contains no quotation marks. The 3 pattern use of fool just marks the death.

But the one you found is a little different it is in quotation marks. However looking at there is no three pattern and I will show you why.

"Away, away" the fool sang. "Come with me beneath the sea, away, away, away." the first two are broken away by the fools own dialogue, and and sea is actually the first word in the three pattern so it's actually a 4 pattern. sea, away, away, away. Remember the verbal pattern cannot be interrupted by the speakers own text with. Descriptive text is ok because it is not heard. The pattern always sounds like 3 in a row. There are an occasional anomaly but they usually mean something.

With that said their is something here, now I don't want to speculate, I like the math of the code. However this is a very interesting piece of text. While it is in a 4 pattern, away is used 3 times. Martin is once again playing with three and death here. Now looking at the surroundings and the text a few things stand out. It's not long after this that Val makes a comment about Shireen and the Greyscale. Patch face to Shireen by the hand and left.

"The grey death sleeps." Thats what the Wildlings call it the grey death. The comment may be a weird reference to the Grey death and how it is below the surface. Not gone but not risen either. I would not be surprised if the Patchface gets it and infect the queen and her court. Seems like it may be close to surfacing. But that is all speculation, and that is rally all I will say on it, there is a three there but it is not in the proper pattern it's part a solid 4 pattern. Seems like it basically says if in a code form "future, beneath surface, death." But it's not a true pattern so I can't say it fits the code. But it is very intresting.

I'e found another 5 pattern on my reread now.

"Septa Scolera rang her bell, singing, "Shame, shame, shame upon the sinner, shame, shame."

ADWD chapter 65

Like the quote from Patchface, it is 5 times the same word in one sentence with the first one in caps.

It could be worth looking into, if there are more of those in the books.

Old Gods help us! This means I have to go do a re-read of all those " It is known" phrases spoken by those two serving girls with Dany. See if they are giving us a pattern. They remind me of Hodor at times..terrible thought !

Good grief Ser Creighton! Normally I am thinking "Write George, write!" but now I have to include your name in my prayer..lol waiting for the Jon Snow explanation code. So write Ser Creighton write! :cheers:

I just figured out how he uses Italics. Oh my god it was like pulling teeth, the man is insane. Words in Italics are basically ignored, the code still stands because it is a number count, you just basically pretend you didn't see the name. But the count marches is one 1, 2, 3, it's like invisible ink, it's there but it's not. Maintains the count points to who is doing the crime, but can't be the target. I have to find a couple more of those. They are hard to solve but the most fun

I'e found another 5 pattern on my reread now.

"Septa Scolera rang her bell, singing, "Shame, shame, shame upon the sinner, shame, shame."

ADWD chapter 65

Like the quote from Patchface, it is 5 times the same word in one sentence with the first one in caps.

It could be worth looking into, if there are more of those in the books.

Figured this out, see how it's a 4 pattern with a 3 pattern within it. Well it's almost a death code, and that's what it means almost death. Myrcella got nailed with one of those. And I think Shireen's condition speaks for itself.

ETA Just remembered John also got one these, My was almost a future death code but Jon's was when he fought the White Walker and was almost a death code in the present. Shireen's is a little different it seems to indicate almost heading to danger in the future and her death code would be in the present. Very odd Your right this needs more looking into but my plate is really full.

Just checked several of Patchfaces ryms, and he always uses an almost death code. The grey death sleeps, but is not gone. The consistant 3 pattern is always broken this way or that, he does this all the time and is always around Shireen. He always breaks the pattern, it's always just one step away from a death code.

Alright bubba you get request.

The first code about the Smith I need more info on but it is a kill code. Though punctuation indicates it is a minor character getting the axe. The other three I am going to combine because they are all related. The first use of tree indicates a choice is being made that is heading to danger at the Wierwood tree. The second use of the tree pattern indicates a choice now will lead to danger or that this tree talk is head in a bad direction in the future. So something bad will happen involving the choices of that tree both now as in deciding to take someone there and the future something bad is going to happen at that tree and they should probably not be doing this. So your probably wondering about Theon. No he is not going to die. It is not the right Code for Theon, he is a major character the code would look like this "Theon! Theon! Theon!" or at the very least like this "Theon. Theon. Theon." though he will be involved in a death or that Theon may go back to Reek and thus his name dies. However looking at the scene I will point you in the direction the Knight with the 3 moths on his shield. He is already marked for death. Hope this helps.

thanks, more context

Stannis snorted. "You fell. Umber saved her. If Mors Crowfood and his men had not been outside the castle, Bolton would have had the both of you back in moments."

Crowfood. Theon remembered. An old man, huge and powerful, with a ruddy face and a shaggy white beard. He had been seated on a garron, clad in the pelt of a gigantic snow bear, its head his hood. Under it he wore a stained white leather eye patch that reminded Theon of his uncle Euron. He'd wanted to rip it off Umber's face, to make certain that underneath was only an empty socket, not a black eye shining with malice. Instead he had whimpered through his broken teeth and said, "I am — "

" — a turncloak and a kinslayer," Crowfood had finished. "You will hold that lying tongue, or lose it."

But Umber had looked at the girl closely, squinting down with his one good eye. "You are the younger daughter?"

And Jeyne had nodded. "Arya. My name is Arya."

"Arya of Winterfell, aye. When last I was inside those walls, your cook served us a steak and kidney pie. Made with ale, I think, best I ever tasted. What was his name, that cook?"

"Gage," Jeyne said at once. "He was a good cook. He would make lemoncakes for Sansa whenever we had lemons."

Crowfood had fingered his beard. "Dead now, I suppose. That smith of yours as well. A man who knew his steel. What was his name?"

Jeyne had hesitated. Mikken, Theon thought. His name was Mikken. The castle blacksmith had never made any lemoncakes for Sansa, which made him far less important than the castle cook in the sweet little world she had shared with her friend Jeyne Poole. Remember, damn you. Your father was the steward, he had charge of the whole household. The smith's name was Mikken, Mikken, Mikken. I had him put to death before me!

"Mikken," Jeyne said.

looking again there is no quotatin mark, which invalidates the code right? also its a memory, not sure it that changes things. i supose both charcters involved in the questioning could be considered minor

This is pretty awesome stuff SC.

I don't know where to begin, but as another poster said, I'm going to have to go do another re-read.

What do we think "Hodar" really means?

Also, another aspect to the meaning of "Corn," is the fact it symbolizes rebirth, or a new life.

This is pretty awesome stuff SC.

I don't know where to begin, but as another poster said, I'm going to have to go do another re-read.

What do we think "Hodar" really means?

Also, another aspect to the meaning of "Corn," is the fact it symbolizes rebirth, or a new life.

Alia how are you? Before you do a reread the theory is not what it was when I first started I don't do any interpretation of Corn or Hodor I only look for a simple 3 pattern. If you get a chance reread the latest revision it pretty much explains everything. Any word will do, or set of words. The pattern is definded by the punctuation which creates the 3 pattern. Dozens of examples, it's a little complex.

Basically Martin put a cypher in his books, and the code shows you how to read it. It never misses.

Alia how are you? Before you do a reread the theory is not what it was when I first started I don't do any interpretation of Corn or Hodor I only look for a simple 3 pattern. If you get a chance reread the latest revision it pretty much explains everything. Any word will do, or set of words. The pattern is definded by the punctuation which creates the 3 pattern. Dozens of examples, it's a little complex.

Basically Martin put a cypher in his books, and the code shows you how to read it. It never misses.

Okay, I'll take a look, and I'm on vacation this week, so I'm great! :smug:

(You work for the NSA don't you)?

Just kidding!!!!.........................................

The new revision is up, Cats code and punctuation explained. And the Puddles death code, sort of. That's right not a joke, I got the moment Puddles fate was sealed.

Ok Ser Creighton, I've spent a lot more time reading your revised editions of the OP. This thread is moving so fast that it's hard to keep up with new input by other posters. However, from all that I've been able to read in this thread, it's a pretty impressive find. I have to say that this thread has turned from an initial hot mess to a nicely refined hot awesome. I think it stacks up very well with some of the other pattern code theories. Very well done. And of course, I'm totally on board with anything that sheds some light on our poor dear Puddles. :)

Just a request when you go for your revision 6 this weekend. Can you include a tl;dr at the bottom and let readers know at the beginning that there will be a tl;dr snip at the end of the OP? I think this is a really neat find and it might be helpful to soften the entry to the thread and will also help those who have been following along to quickly see what you've added. I know you're one of our wordier posters (I mean this in the best way possible), so if you want a bit of assistance with the tl;dr, shoot me a PM.

thanks, more context

Stannis snorted. "You fell. Umber saved her. If Mors Crowfood and his men had not been outside the castle, Bolton would have had the both of you back in moments."

Crowfood. Theon remembered. An old man, huge and powerful, with a ruddy face and a shaggy white beard. He had been seated on a garron, clad in the pelt of a gigantic snow bear, its head his hood. Under it he wore a stained white leather eye patch that reminded Theon of his uncle Euron. He'd wanted to rip it off Umber's face, to make certain that underneath was only an empty socket, not a black eye shining with malice. Instead he had whimpered through his broken teeth and said, "I am — "

" — a turncloak and a kinslayer," Crowfood had finished. "You will hold that lying tongue, or lose it."

But Umber had looked at the girl closely, squinting down with his one good eye. "You are the younger daughter?"

And Jeyne had nodded. "Arya. My name is Arya."

"Arya of Winterfell, aye. When last I was inside those walls, your cook served us a steak and kidney pie. Made with ale, I think, best I ever tasted. What was his name, that cook?"

"Gage," Jeyne said at once. "He was a good cook. He would make lemoncakes for Sansa whenever we had lemons."

Crowfood had fingered his beard. "Dead now, I suppose. That smith of yours as well. A man who knew his steel. What was his name?"

Jeyne had hesitated. Mikken, Theon thought. His name was Mikken. The castle blacksmith had never made any lemoncakes for Sansa, which made him far less important than the castle cook in the sweet little world she had shared with her friend Jeyne Poole. Remember, damn you. Your father was the steward, he had charge of the whole household. The smith's name was Mikken, Mikken, Mikken. I had him put to death before me!

"Mikken," Jeyne said.

looking again there is no quotatin mark, which invalidates the code right? also its a memory, not sure it that changes things. i supose both charcters involved in the questioning could be considered minor

Well now that I have seen the full passage I can tell you this. That is the reverse of the future Pattern not the location of the 4th word it's after the 3 pattern not before it. It's has the descriptive text break which signifies time. The future: "Corn". descriptive text. "Corn. Corn Corn." this is death in the future. The pattern you have is the reverse. Which would indicate the past and given the subject "Corn, Corn, Corn." (descriptive text break) "Corn,"

Congrads you have found another example of the pattern. Martin is brining up the past for a reason there. You are really getting a good feel for the pattern though. This also confirms that the text break doesn't mean future but "Time." it just depends on where the break occurs. That is a great find, thank you for brining it to my attention. I have to revise Text breaks now. But that is awesome.

Ok Ser Creighton, I've spent a lot more time reading your revised editions of the OP. This thread is moving so fast that it's hard to keep up with new input by other posters. However, from all that I've been able to read in this thread, it's a pretty impressive find. I have to say that this thread has turned from an initial hot mess to a nicely refined hot awesome. I think it stacks up very well with some of the other pattern code theories. Very well done. And of course, I'm totally on board with anything that sheds some light on our poor dear Puddles. :)

Just a request when you go for your revision 6 this weekend. Can you include a tl;dr at the bottom and let readers know at the beginning that there will be a tl;dr snip at the end of the OP? I think this is a really neat find and it might be helpful to soften the entry to the thread and will also help those who have been following along to quickly see what you've added. I know you're one of our wordier posters (I mean this in the best way possible), so if you want a bit of assistance with the tl;dr, shoot me a PM.

What is a tl;dr?

ETA Yeah it was a hot mess, but sometimes things start out that way, it's hard to explain but I new I had something but until wrote it down and could see it, I didn't know what. And thank you for the kind words that is awesome coming from you.

Archived