PICTIONARY X: SONG LYRICS--RESULTS ARE POSTED! COME LISTEN TO GREAT MUSIC AND SEE INSPIRING PICTURES!

DreamSongs

Welcome to Pictionary X: Song Lyrics. Its time to get our creative juices flowing with a new game! Thanks to TC for hosting Pictionary IX: New Year, New You which was an absolute blast :D

Results of previous games: here. Which is still obligatory viewing before trying to use the excuse "I really cannot draw!". Also obligatory viewing when you're in a bad mood. :cool4:

The players: WE HAVE OUR 13 PLAYERS--WOW :wideeyed: But more players equals more fun, right? Still taking names for alternates who can help us out when life happens and a player has to miss a round. :D

Bolded names have already sent in their sentences for this round.

Arya kiddin'

Cora IM

Emmit

Evermind

King Gendry

Kobayashi Maru

Lany Cassandra

Leap

LilyValley

Nazca Barsavi

Pebble

Snowborn

The BlackBear

Turinqui-Calima

Alternates:

Mark Antony

RhaenysBalerion

Current Deadline: We are CTLHOISSE to being done. The official deadline is 3PM EST, Monday, March 17.

But if we can do a quickie sentence round, I can post results on Sunday :D

The standard rules (if you have already played, you are fine just checking the bolded parts):

Game Flow:Everyone signed up should start by PMing me with your sentence/song lyrics. Please use one PM titled 'Pictionary' for the entire game. Please also include the title of the song that your lyrics are from with your initial PM. When the game starts, each of these sentences will be sent out to a different player. This player will have approximately 72 hours (3 days) to portray that sentence in picture form and send me the link to their drawn picture. At the end of those 72 hours, the picture will be sent to a third person, who hasn't seen anything from that chain before. This person will have approximately 48 hours to send in a sentence summarizing the picture. Any drawing round that lands on my long work weekend will actually last 96 hrs.

All times will use EST, it's my local time and it's easy to work out from wherever you are.

Each chain will start with a sentence and end with one. There will be a maximum of 9 rounds (otherwise the game never ends), less if we have less than nine players.If you cannot meet a deadline, please notify me as soon as you've received the sentence (or picture) -or, better yet, tell me before you receive one so that an alternate can be located. I will also do this automatically if you have not drawn it in 72 hours. In this way, it is possible for one player to have more than one sentence to draw (or more than one picture to summarize) at once.

Picture/sentence standards: Any drawing program - Photoshop, Flash, MS Paint - will do. Drawing pictures by hand and scanning/photographing them will also do. Basically, anything will do as long as I can see it. Having said that, please draw everything from scratch. You can use Google Images as a reference, but don't paste other people's pictures into your own.In images, words are completely banned. English letters used to denote words, and codes (camel octopus dinosaur eagle snake), will also be sent back with a warning, although if it's relevant you can use them to portray the alphabet. Numbers and symbols and math are all fine.

Please don't intentionally mislead anybody. Do the most accurate non-legalistic picture that you can. The chain will find a way to mutate anyway.

Pictures shouldn't be too large or too small, which basically means as long as I can see them and they are not huge, you're fine.Photographs are best saved as JPGs; otherwise, if in doubt, you should probably save as a PNG. Do not save as a BMP under any circumstances or I'll have to ask you to reformat it before sending it onward, and nobody wants that. If you're using MS paint, remember to save your pictures as .jpg NOT keep the .bmp saving.

Please be mindful of where you upload your pictures to. Tinypic deletes its pictures without warning. Tumblr works. Imageshack works. Postimage works. Imgur is probably your best bet (imgur.com). No Photobucket. It links to the gallery and not the pictures. Images hosted on Photobucket will not be accepted.Link directly to the photo, not the gallery.When you upload, don't save it under a name that will hint at its origins. This is something else that you'll need to reformat over.

Okay, on to the lyrics. There has been some discussion about this and the reality is that this site is generally not meant for children. Having said this, players do check these links at work and any pictures that you would not want your boss to see on your computer should be labelled as NSFW. If you receive a sentence or picture that you feel uncomfortable with, please let me know and I will locate an alternate for that round.

Please remember that we are a global community, so please bear that it mind when selecting your lyrics.

Miscellaneous:Please don't talk to other players about the sentences/pictures you got. If somebody tells you anything about a chain you haven't seen yet, please let me know.

I will note in-thread if somebody is behind.If you haven't sent a link in within 48 hours (but not the full 72), I might send you a prod (might if I remember). Other actions may be taken if you're inactive for the full round.

Please use 1 PM conversation for this game, otherwise my PM cannot hold a new conversation for every turn and/or thoughts on the game.You are recommended to check this thread regularly (the Follow Topic function is useful).If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or by PM!

I'm in. and I have sent my Lyrics. They are 100% safe for work. If they are not that way at the end of this game then its not my fault.

I state for a second time, I will try my best to be punctual this time, or tell Bex to find a replacement as soon as I feel I can't do a round. Please forgive me for the last game. :D

I'll forgive you this time

I state for a second time, I will try my best to be punctual this time, or tell Bex to find a replacement as soon as I feel I can't do a round. Please forgive me for the last game. :D

:lol: I think you will have good company this round ;)

*wanders off to the local farm store to see it they sell bull whips*

I'm in, of course.

Does it have to be a song lyric word for word or can we rewrite it a bit to make it more sentencey?

Whichever you choose :) Others have just been sending the lyrics.

I really can't draw...

...which is why I want to sign up. :P

If there's too many people, I can step aside to let someone else play.

If I'm in, let me know, I'll send a lyric. :)

I can't draw either :) I look up pictures on line and draw them from my screen, customizing them to fit the sentence.

I really can't draw...

...which is why I want to sign up. :P

If there's too many people, I can step aside to let someone else play.

If I'm in, let me know, I'll send a lyric. :)

You are in and you can PM me whenever you are ready. Please include the title of the song as well :D

Archived