Crackpot theory thread.

Das_Boof

The high Sparrow is the drunken priest who performed Tyrion and Tysha's wedding, thus he gained new found piety from denouncing the marriage if and when he was confronted with the news of Tysha's rape. Though I don't advocate that this a reason he is trying to greatly curb the power of House Lannister, his main goal seems to be making secular power answer to religious authority.

Relatedly, though conflicting with your idea, my thought is that Septon Cellador may be revealed to be the priest that married Tyrion and Tysha.

Not that a drunk priest is hard to come by in Westeros, but the guy that married Tyrion and Tysha (not unlike a young Cellador, perhaps?) was also known for being in his cups. Perhaps he was even sent to the Wall, upon Tywin tracking him down after learning of his existence, and his part in marrying them.

Ser Alistair Thorn was Lady Ollenna's paramour, sent to the wall to bring the night's watch into Tyrell influence, Samwell was sent by Randall Tarly to aid in this arm of the Tyrrell Conspiracy but Jon Snow effed that plan up by befriending (and corrupting) Sam.

WHAT.... i need to read this evidence, like.. now.. please

In every Dany chapter, just replace the word "dragon" with "onion" and it will make perfect sense.

"I am the blood of the Onion"

"Danaerys Stormborn, mother of Onions"

"Don't want to wake the Onion".. etc.

Conversely, replace "onion" with "dragon" for further implications

"Strong Belwas wants Liver and Dragons"

In every Dany chapter, just replace the word "dragon" with "onion" and it will make perfect sense.

"I am the blood of the Onion"

"Danaerys Stormborn, mother of Onions"

"Don't want to wake the Onion".. etc.

Conversely, replace "onion" with "dragon" for further implications

"Strong Belwas wants Liver and Dragons"

"WHERE ARE MY ONIONS!?"

Relatedly, though conflicting with your idea, my thought is that Septon Cellador may be revealed to be the priest that married Tyrion and Tysha.

Not that a drunk priest is hard to come by in Westeros, but the guy that married Tyrion and Tysha (not unlike a young Cellador, perhaps?) was also known for being in his cups. Perhaps he was even sent to the Wall, upon Tywin tracking him down after learning of his existence, and his part in marrying them.

It would have put Tyrion in close proximity to him when he went to the Wall. Perhaps he wasn't seen by Tyrion or recognized but I would imagine something would be said.

WHAT.... i need to read this evidence, like.. now.. please

The ship that took Rhaelia and Vis to DS had black sails. Furthermore, the trip fits with the date of Dany's conception. Later on, when Davos hears about dragons, instead of mentioning them to Stannis and suggesting "Hey you both like fire, maybe you could get along", he sends Stannis as far away as possible from even the very mention of dragons. He even inwardly resolves to never send his sons to Essos. Clearly the man is doing his best to avoid having to choose between his daughter and his king.

The ship that took Rhaelia and Vis to DS had black sails. Furthermore, the trip fits with the date of Dany's conception. Later on, when Davos hears about dragons, instead of mentioning them to Stannis and suggesting "Hey you both like fire, maybe you could get along", he sends Stannis as far away as possible from even the very mention of dragons. He even inwardly resolves to never send his sons to Essos. Clearly the man is doing his best to avoid having to choose between his daughter and his king.

IIRC Davos admits cheating on his wife somewhere

Ooh, by the time LS's thirst for vengeance is quenched, Gatehouse Ami will be the Lady of the Twins, Castle Darry, and Riverrun. She's protected from LS's wrath because she's married to Lancell, who becomes the champion of the Warriors Sons. And one of her bastard kids by Strongboar will be heir to the Dreadfort.

The high Sparrow is the drunken priest who performed Tyrion and Tysha's wedding, thus he gained new found piety from denouncing the marriage if and when he was confronted with the news of Tysha's rape. Though I don't advocate that this a reason he is trying to greatly curb the power of House Lannister, his main goal seems to be making secular power answer to religious authority.

This would be beyond awesome. (And did someone say this in a previous thread?)

Archived