Do anybody feel sorry for Lysa ?

Gneisenau

She did have a horrible death. Right before LF pushes her out te moon door she is told by the man she loved that he never loved her, only used her and that he was truly in love with her sister. Then as she fell te long way to te bottom she must have been thinkin about how much she screwed her son and the rest of her family. May her black soul never know respite.

Imagine the alternative; married to a LF who doesn't want you and will probably blame you for his career retardation.

Baelish would have jumped at the chance to marry Lysa, even if he didn't really want her. Rather than retard his career, it would make him son-in-law (albeit not a particularly favoured one) to one of the most powerful lords in the realm, with his children in line to inherit Riverrun.

Yes, I feel sorry for her.

That she had to marry an old man she didn't love, that she lost the baby of her love, that her marriage didn't even give her babies to love and make her happy, that when she finally thought she was going to be happy, the man she loved betrayed, back stabbed and screwed her over.

That's more than enough to feel sorry for her.

But that doesn't mean she wasn't a crazy, spiteful witch.

I feel very sorry not only for her younger self, but also for her when she was pushed out the moon door. She is just so psychologically messed up that I can`t see her as evil.

I really dislike Hoster for aborting a child whose mother wanted to have it - he seems to have forgotten that family comes before honour in the Tullies` words.

If Lysa`s life had been happier, the fate of whole Westeros would maybe have been too.

i pity her ,sure but in the way i pity pathetic things

mainly because she was willing to just sit tight and watch happily as her father ,brother ,sister ,nieces and nephews die (over something she started no less i might add)

that's simply disgusting and repulsive ,i hold family sacred and no matter what (even if you hate them) blood IS blood

Baelish would have jumped at the chance to marry Lysa, even if he didn't really want her. Rather than retard his career, it would make him son-in-law (albeit not a particularly favoured one) to one of the most powerful lords in the realm, with his children in line to inherit Riverrun.

Yes, and I think Edmure would have ended up having a "tragic accident" to make that list shorter!

i pity her ,sure but in the way i pity pathetic things

mainly because she was willing to just sit tight and watch happily as her father ,brother ,sister ,nieces and nephews die (over something she started no less i might add)

that's simply disgusting and repulsive ,i hold family sacred and no matter what (even if you hate them) blood IS blood

Don't you think that she had a very very "harsh lesson" pointing to the different direction than to hold family sacred? Her own father, the very representative of family, killed her unborn baby. She was betrayed by her family when she was at an age when young people comsolidate their values. Yes, blood is blood, but her baby was more of her blood than anyone else.

Don't you think that she had a very very "harsh lesson" pointing to the different direction than to hold family sacred? Her own father, the very representative of family, killed her unborn baby. She was betrayed by her family when she was at an age when young people comsolidate their values. Yes, blood is blood, but her baby was more of her blood than anyone else.

see the problem is that we're taking this from our "modern" prospective ,Hoster was doing what he thought was best for his daughter in his society (she wouldn't have been happy with LF ,she's a noble accustomed to certain privileges ) as they say love is sweet but it doesn't pay the bills .

see the problem is that we're taking this from our "modern" prospective ,Hoster was doing what he thought was best for his daughter in his society (she wouldn't have been happy with LF ,she's a noble accustomed to certain privileges ) as they say love is sweet but it doesn't pay the bills .

She didn't have to be married at all though. There was nothing preventing Hoster from letting her stay at RR and have her child. It may have raised some eyebrows sure but he's a high lord with another high lord as a son in law and a son who would be high lord some day-he could easily afford a few raised eyebrows.

Define young girl and define manipulate.

When they were young, it was Lysa who had sex with Littlefinger whenever he was drunk.

If it were a guy who did what he did to a girl, you would all accuse him of raping a girl.

Lysa had her agency to sleep with the person she wanted to? That's not rape. That's just extremely progressive for Westerosi standards, and why Hoster tricked her into aborting.

I'm mostly talking about the manipulation that Littlefinger did when he convinced her to get him the job at Gulltown, then King's Landing Master of Coin, then he literally convinced her to betray her own family when he had Lysa poison Jon Arryn and write Catelyn the false letter that accused the Lannisters, which basically started this entire series, after the Greyjoy Rebellion was done. Not to mention make him Lord Paramount of the Vale, only for him to kill her once he had acquired her niece. All kinds of creepy, and he's the victim?

You could make the argument that the Lannisters and Starks would have eventually been at each other's throats without Littlefinger's help, with Varys pulling the strings, but Littlefinger is certainly one of the worst offenders to the realm as a whole, and it's all because of his refusal from Catelyn, and the way he used Lysa to lift him high enough to stab everyone in the back.

ETA: Oh, you were talking about the time Petyr slept with her while he was injured I'm guessing. From the details we get, it sounds like he was most certainly into it, since he thought she was Cat, and he could have refused he wanted to. I don't see a problem.

Archived