Do anybody feel sorry for Lysa ?

Gneisenau

Meh. My heart bleeds panther piss for Lysa. She reaped what she has sown and thats fair enough. Shes interesting enough but i cant really feel anything for her. (except for mild annoyance)

Dear Friend;

I have noted over time the fact that your heart seems to contain an unusual amount of panther piss. I'm no chiropodist, but this seems to me to indicate ill heslth. Please seek medical attention.

With Affection,

James

It depends how you work it.

On the one hand, most of the things people here are mentioning as grounds for sympathy are the norm for Westeros. Marriage for practical reasons, not love? Welcome to the vast majority of everyone, 99.9% of whom would not get to live as you do. The abortion thing is horrible in isolation, but I'm not sure what fate awaits most young unmarried girls who get pregnant. Imagine the alternative; married to a LF who doesn't want you and will probably blame you for his career retardation. How long would she live? And it was after all the results of what many on here would call rape if the genders were switched.

And then look at what she's done to others. She murdered an honourable husband and the father of her child who never mistreated her, that we know of (and I think we'd know) for the lover she preferred. She tried to murder another innocent man via abuse of power by kangaroo court. She threatened her own sister and tried to murder her niece. She betrayed her family in a war she helped start, again mostly for the lover who despises her.

I mean...there aren't too many villains who don't have bad experiences in their past. Kind of a lot like heroes in that way. What often distinguishes them is the degree to which they choose to let their experiences define them.

And Lysa...not so much a hero.

I was about to write a fervent post in defense of Lysa but you are right here in your well argued text, so I'll swallow mine.

Still, having a child aborted against your will is as much a violation of a woman's right of choice as being forced to have a child against her will. And losing a wanted unborn child is not much different from losing a living child.

And was Jon Arryn aware that she did not want him? Just like Tyrion was with Sansa?

Ye i sorta do a woman that was loved and has been played false no wonder she is crosier then the smiling knight and then the last words she hears from LF is i always loved cat before he death biggest kick in the vagina right there

I was about to write a fervent post in defense of Lysa but you are right here in your well argued text, so I'll swallow mine.

Still, having a child aborted against your will is as much a violation of a woman's right of choice as being forced to have a child against her will. And losing a wanted unborn child is not much different from losing a living child.

And was Jon Arryn aware that she did not want him? Just like Tyrion was with Sansa?

We have no knowledge, and Cat says she seemed to go happily to her marriage, and Brynden says that Jon Arryn was a dutiful husband, but theirs was a marriage born of duty, not love.

How did she know tyrion was innocent? I see that posted often, but can't see how.

She told the 'judge' that he was a bad man before ever they saw him, and added the charge of murdering Jon Arryn.

She saw no evidence of his crimes and was poised to let Robert see the bad man fly when Cat intervened, instead sent him to the deadly skycells for abuse and hopefully gravity, and when he bought his way back into court, appointed Robert...who was yelping 'make the bad man fly' every few minutes all along, as his judge, and the skydoor his fate if somehow he was found guilty.

Oh, and no evidence of any kind was to be shown or allowed...he would be allowed to say his piece, and then Robert would...He switched to trial by combat, and she allowed him no time to summon a champion.

So, yeah, I feel safe in suggesting she knew she was committing murder by rigged trial, probably with the intent of closing the book on her own mariticide.

I do. In the same way I feel sorry for Jaime. I can't forgive what they did, but I feel that both of them had the potential to be different (better) persons than what they became, if only...

I feel sorry for the girl she was, for her losses and for the miserable life she had to live. She has a weak character and personality, easily influenced / manipulated by others and easy to break under uhappy / unfortunate circumstances. She had it way worse than that and way worse than she could endure. However, she still is responsible, to a certain extent, for what she became and (of course) for her actions. Her story is a very sad one.

Yes.

She had a mental illness, normal people don't throw their nieces out Moon Doors.

Littlefinger started manipulating her when she was a young girl, and kept at it until the day she died, unfortunately.

The Tullys are the most underrated when it comes to Tragic Great Houses, because of how truly real they are as people.

Plus, that whole mess I don't even want to mention with Hoster, and the tansy tea. uck.

Yes.

She had a mental illness, normal people don't throw their nieces out Moon Doors.

Littlefinger started manipulating her when she was a young girl, and kept at it until the day she died, unfortunately.

The Tullys are the most underrated when it comes to Tragic Great Houses, because of how truly real they are as people.

Plus, that whole mess I don't even want to mention with Hoster, and the tansy tea. uck.

Define young girl and define manipulate.

When they were young, it was Lysa who had sex with Littlefinger whenever he was drunk.

If it were a guy who did what he did to a girl, you would all accuse him of raping a girl.

I actually don't think that Littlefinger can be blamed for how Lysa turned out. Based on what I remember about their storyline, I think LF only really started messing with her after they both became adults. When they were kids he really only had eyes for Catelyn; I don't think he was even thinking about Lysa at all.

Archived