Who Is That One (Or More) Character You'd Defend to the End?

Winter's Knight

That one character you can't bear to hear criticised, that you obsess over, whose every line makes you shiver in awe.

And when even your favourite posters try to point out a negative, you just stick your fingers in your ear and go "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!

For me, surprisingly enough, it's Cortney Penrose. People badmouthing him makes me see red yo.

“Is it the justice of your cause you doubt, my lord, or the strength of your arm? Are you afraid I’ll piss on your burning sword and put it out?”

Name your character, with an accompanying quote to illustrate and include a gif reaction if you like. Stannis fans restrain yourselves to no more than three quotes.

This is meant to be a fun thread yo, so no picking on other folks' choices, unless they picked Ramsey and his ilk, in which case all bets are off.

Stannis Baratheon! Arya Stark! Jaime Lannister!
I do occasional badmouthing of Cortnay Penrose but thats only when anything Stannis related to him comes up. If you are talking about him alone and his actions which were not related to Stannis then i don't badmouth him at all.
Sorry no Gif :crying:

“Mind your tongue. You are not in Winterfell now, and I am not Robb the Boy, that you should speak to me so. I am the Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and no man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago.”

Become fan of House greyjoy once these words were uttered.

I guess I'm weak of mind compared to other posters, so I can't defend anyone with such fervor as described by the OP. I repeatedly surprise myself by standing up for characters I don't even like that much, but as things stand now I have a special place in my heart for Stannis.

“When I was a lad I found an injured goshawk and nursed her back to health. Proudwing, I named her. She would perch on my shoulder and flutter from room to room after me and take food from my hand, but she would not soar. Time and again I would take her hawking, but she never flew higher than the treetops. Robert called her Weakwing. He owned a gyrfalcon named Thunderclap who never missed her strike. One day our great-uncle Ser Harbert told me to try a different bird. I was making a fool of myself with Proudwing, he said, and he was right.”

Stannis is my Proudwing and great-uncle Harbert can rot in Seven Hells with his advice, I want to see the Iron Stag soar.

Archived