Who Is That One (Or More) Character You'd Defend to the End?

Winter's Knight

Because I don't want E-ro and co. to show up with fifty quotes from that one tWoW chapter. :P

There are many Stannis fans. We could just divide all the quotes among ourselves :P

My quotes:

"Are you trained ravens to croak at me in turns". I love how gets annoyed at Selyse, Axell and their Queens Men.

"Half my army is made up of unbelievers. I will have no burnings. Pray harder" Shows me he's not one of them and not a religious fanatic at all.

I'll also defend Bran when being accused of breaking the rules of warging. Nobody ever told him there were rules and how would it feel for that poor broken boy to walk again, even if it was in somebody elses skin.

And i'll defend Edmure for how he held Riverrun against Tywin.

Robb Stark, the King in the North, the Young Wolf, Ned Stark, Rickon Stark

"Lord Umber. This one was only the watcher, hang him last so he can watch the other men die"

"Robert please. You are talking about murdering a child."

"No. NO FAREWELL!" and Rickon slashing at the guards with a sword, so badass.

I can understand people who don't like Robb, but people who belittle him as a character and praise Jon to the skies are people who just can't accept that those brothers were the same, and Jon is no better than Robb.

Sandor Clegane. Every time anyone says anything bad about him, I die a little inside.

"I'm the same as you. The only difference is, I don’t lie about what I am. So, kill me, but don’t call me a murderer while you stand there telling each other that your shit don’t stink. You hear me?”

I hear you, Sandor. <3

Theon and Jaime. They're quite possibly the greyest characters in the whole series. Robb put Theon in a shitty situation to treat with his father after years of not seeing him. It's not like he came from a small and minor House. Let's not forget that he saved Bran from the wildlings in the Wolfswood. Jaime has been able to redeem himself for me since he lost his sword hand and changed his look on the way he's soiled his honor as a knight.

None of them.

There are some matters that I will not bother to defrnd even my favorite characters on.

Sansa for her really really naive decision making skills in AGOT.

Arya on the fact she may very well be going nuts.

Or King Bob for being a bad father.

No one is above criticism.

My favorite characters are Stannis and Sandor, but I recognize that they are both deeply flawed. They are fun to read about though, and I'm rooting for both of them to prevail in their own ways.

However, if this were real life and I had to physically fight for a character, as a soldier, I'd definitely side with the Starks. Probably Jon or Sansa as I think they'd make the most capable, well-rounded rulers by the end of this story.

Daenerys

"It was a cruel fate," Dany said, "Yet not so cruel as Mago's will be. I promise you that, by the old gods and the new, by the lamb god and the horse god and every god that lives. I swear it by the Mother of the Mountains and the Womb of the World. Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh."

The Dothraki exchanged uncertain glances. "Khaleesi," the handmaid Irri explained, as if to a child, "Jhaqo is a khal now, with twenty thousand riders at his back."

She lifted her head. "And I am Daenerys Stormborn, Daenerys of House Targaryen, of the blood of Aegon the Conqueror and Maegor the Cruel and old Valyria before them. I am the dragon's daughter, and I swear to you, these men will die screaming.

Archived