Who Is That One (Or More) Character You'd Defend to the End?

Winter's Knight

Brienne . . . she is the one I would back to very end.

I can see myself defending Sansa as well, but not with the same strength.

I used to despise Sansa for being so clueless as to what was going on around her, but then I came around for a few reasons.

First, she's being exactly the person she was raised to be. The perfect lady for a nobleman who is courteous, knowledgeable of the great houses, and probably would throw a heck of a party to host other nobles.

Second, she got dealt a pretty crappy hand and has been with "allies" of motives that certainly don't align with hers (Littlefinger is out for Littlefinger, Dontos wants gold) or been a very open hostage of the Lannisters, plus subject to Joffrey's cruelty.

Third, her POV chapters show the inner-workings of Littlefinger's mind...that's worth MAJOR points in my book.

Fourth, as a fellow ginger, I should defend her.

I used to despise Sansa for being so clueless as to what was going on around her, but then I came around for a few reasons.

First, she's being exactly the person she was raised to be. The perfect lady for a nobleman who is courteous, knowledgeable of the great houses, and probably would throw a heck of a party to host other nobles.

Second, she got dealt a pretty crappy hand and has been with "allies" of motives that certainly don't align with hers (Littlefinger is out for Littlefinger, Dontos wants gold) or been a very open hostage of the Lannisters, plus subject to Joffrey's cruelty.

Third, her POV chapters show the inner-workings of Littlefinger's mind...that's worth MAJOR points in my book.

Fourth, as a fellow ginger, I should defend her.

I think that is what makes me feel like I have to. I didn't like her at all in the first book , but she grew on me and I have come to really appreciate her character as the story grew. I can't stand how some people don't allow any room for growth in her character and hammer on and on about the same points, even when there are pages and pages of legitimate arguments on the issues. Still, Briene is my home girl first and I love the realistic conflict she has faced to become a true knight.

I will defend Brienne’s honor with unyielding determination. I will write freaking essays for this warrior woman. And I’m not even sorry.

I will stick up for Jaime when I feel people are being unfair to him. But I will not excuse the terrible things he’s done.

I will defend Tyrion. He was a good person turned dark thanks to the abuse he suffered.

Young Griff. It really pisses me off the way he is so casually written off. Like: "oh, he'll sit the throne for five minutes, sure, then get killed by Dany" or similar. I think he's a well written character, and as an extension of Varys he gets even better. And I hope he is a Blackfyre. Doesn't mean his claim is any less reasonable, makes it better really.

Daenerys

"It was a cruel fate," Dany said, "Yet not so cruel as Mago's will be. I promise you that, by the old gods and the new, by the lamb god and the horse god and every god that lives. I swear it by the Mother of the Mountains and the Womb of the World. Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh."

The Dothraki exchanged uncertain glances. "Khaleesi," the handmaid Irri explained, as if to a child, "Jhaqo is a khal now, with twenty thousand riders at his back."

She lifted her head. "And I am Daenerys Stormborn, Daenerys of House Targaryen, of the blood of Aegon the Conqueror and Maegor the Cruel and old Valyria before them. I am the dragon's daughter, and I swear to you, these men will die screaming.

I imagine that Dany will be as good as her word.

Stannis and Robert baratheon. Hands down the hardest and baddest mofos In the books. I love and adore both of them and seeing them get hated on hurts me. Especially when the critisisms are silly.(like when people hate on stannis because he's bald or when they hate on Robert out of repressed and juvenile jock hate)

Catelyn - One of the strongest-minded, bravest and most compassionate people in the series. Gets insane amounts of shit by fans for her one flaw (her resentment of Jon Snow), while those same people without a second thought forgive Jaime, Tyrion and Stannis for doing far more evil deeds.

Archived