Lady Stoneheart - Jaime - Brienne

pansushi30

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum.

While going through the whole Brienne - Lady Stoneheart story again I came up with this theory. Brienne has been sent by Lady Stoneheart to fetch Jaime so that she can kill him. However since Cat's last meeting with Jaime & Brienne a few things have happened which might sway Lady Stoneheart's decision. Brienne knows that there is a chance that Arya is alive & was last seen at the Saltpans with the Hound who she believes is now dead.

Now coming to the theory, doesnt it make more sense for Lady Stoneheart to split up Jaime & Brienne, especially if she believes that Brienne has switched her loyalty to the Lannisters & more specifically Jaime? Why not let Brienne continue searching for Sansa while she sends Jaime after Arya? Sansa is more likely to trust a woman coming from her mother than a Lannister. Also, when Jaime hears about Cersei's walk of shame he might give up his search of Sansa & go back to his sister or she might send men to bring him back so that she can punish him for abandoning her in her hour of need. To prevent any such thing Jaime needs to be far away from King's Landing as him ending up beside Cersei will bring his whole arc to square one. He needs to be away from her.

On the other hand, while Arya must have surely seen Jaime when he came to Winterfell, its unlikely she will straight away recognize him as he has changed a lot physically since then. He has lost a hand, keeps a beard, has lost a lot of self confidence, had shaved off his hair which would be anything but spun gold at the moment. In short he would be very different from the Jaime Lannister Arya must have seen at Winterfell. I believe there needs to be some strong reason for Arya to come back to Westeroes. Her warging into Nymeria & seeing things through her eyes wont be enough. She needs a reason & what better one than having news from her mother (dead or otherwise) & her former friends. Her training with the Faceless Men will help her determine that Jaime isnt lying about Stoneheart. Also, since smartness & gold are the only currency which work in Braavos it makes more sense for a Lannister to go there than a straight forward person like Brienne. Lady Stoneheart might even send Gendry with Jaime if she has killed Pod & Hunt. Another reason for Arya to believe Jaime & come back (though I truly cant stand that kid but GRRM has said we will see more of him in the future) Likewise, Littlefinger will be more on his guard if Jaime goes to Vale as he knows Cersei wants Sansa dead & Jaime is her brother & the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. He is likely to be more relaxed around a 'mere' woman.

Your thoughts please...

One word.....Valonqar

I never thought of it this way... But Jaimie could be sent by LS to kill his sweet sister... And (Lancel, Osmund, Moon boy for all I know...) he could actually do the deed. Cersei, so obsessed with Tyrion, would never see it coming.

I don't think Lady Stoneheart has any interest in finding Cat's daughters. Lady Stoneheart is a thing of hate, and its purpose in unlife is jsut to fulfill Cat's revenge against Freys and Lannisters.

I could be wrong, but didnt she send people to look for Arya?

I never thought of it this way... But Jaimie could be sent by LS to kill his sweet sister... And (Lancel, Osmund, Moon boy for all I know...) he could actually do the deed. Cersei, so obsessed with Tyrion, would never see it coming.

IIRC, Cat did say " ...but that does not mean that I do not dream of riding to King's Landing and wrapping my hands around Cersei Lannister's white throat and squeezing until her face turns black"

I still think its Jaime, but I would not mind this at all ;)

Nice theory, but it seems unlikely that Lady Stoneheart knows anything more about Arya than she did at the end of AFfC, when she (presumably) sent Brienne to fetch Jaime.

And after what happened the last time that Catelyn releaed Jaime and trusted in his honour to get her daughters back in exchange (including the "Jaime Lannister sends his regards"), I find it very difficult to believe that Lady Stoneheart will be willing to let Jaime go on any terms if she gets hold of him.

Did her? I cannot remember, but... of course, I don't remember everything that has happened in the books. If she did my percepcion of Lady Stoneheart may change.

I have to look into that as well, but I do know that in ASOSs epilogue, The BWB asks for the Hound and a little girl with him. I think this shows that they know she is alive and are trying to at least locate her.

Yes, and that too.

I never thought about the BWB and LS using the Inn to actually find clues about Arya. They seem to use the inn to find people to hang? They do ask questions about Arya, and that, I think is because of the combination of the BWB's knowledge of The Hound and Arya (he took her from them), and LS trying to find her, figure out what happened. I do think, though, that Brienne may be the one with that last bit of info..........the idea of The Hound dying on the way to Saltpans and perhaps? Arya making it there, maybe dying at Saltpans. Unfortunately, as far as Brienne is concerned, LS is too set on revenge and not on any decent information that Brienne may have. I do wonder if somehow that info was any part of Brienne getting down from the hanging rope?

I don't think Lady Stoneheart has any interest in finding Cat's daughters. Lady Stoneheart is a thing of hate, and its purpose in unlife is jsut to fulfill Cat's revenge against Freys and Lannisters.

I will kill Walder Frey, she told herself. ... I will kill the old man, I can do that much at least.

Archived