Role in WoW: Jon Snow (Spoilers):

Ours if the Fury

So most people apparently think, that Jon will fight against the Others.

1. I don't think he will fight against, but among the Others.

2. He is not AAR, Dany is.

3. AAR will not save Westeros, but will bring destruction.

4. 'Fire consumes, but cold preserves.' (Maester Aemon) It's another context, but I think that it could mean, that the cold protects Westeros from the fire.

If he is killed by his Brothers, he would not come back as an Other. I am 50/50 on whether Jon or Dany is AAR. Dany seems to fit the prophecy best and is the obvious choice, and that is what makes me think she may not be. This is GRRM we are talking about, to the obvious thing is not often what is correct.

Having just re-read the scene where Jon is stabbed, I do not believe it was a Glamour by the Red Woman, I think it was actually Jon. He brushed her off, then met with his Brothers, then Torman Giants Bane, then he went to the Shield Hall, then out to see what was going on, he never met with her.

So most people apparently think, that Jon will fight against the Others.

1. I don't think he will fight against, but among the Others.

2. He is not AAR, Dany is.

3. AAR will not save Westeros, but will bring destruction.

4. 'Fire consumes, but cold preserves.' (Maester Aemon) It's another context, but I think that it could mean, that the cold protects Westeros from the fire.

1. There no clues to him fighting with the Others? Why would he do that, and who would support him?

2. The clues point to Jon as AA, while Dany is a red herring. GRRM doesn't reveal who the prophecy refers to until after it has occurred.

3. I don't see any clues to AAR bringing destruction to Westeros

4. I think the prophecy refers to not ice vs. fire, but a balance between the two. Jon is both ice and fire.

I think that Jon's body will be preserved in ice, under watch of Melisandre. Jon wargs into ghost and i think this is how we'll explore the lands of always winter. As so many people and i believe that Jon will gain control over a dragon, i think (and im sorry for this) that Ghost will die, probably at the hands of an Other or possibly something else in the far north (or gazes into the heart or winter), and when ghost dies Jon's spirit gets slinged back into his body, at this time he has all the information he/Ghost gathered.

And id also like to add that since Jon then gets control over a dragon, other proof (wether it Howland Reed, harp in crypts or something else) will be gathered to confirm Jon as a Targ.

Jon lives but the assassination attempt sets off a massive conflict between the Free Folk and the Watch ostensibly ending the Nights Watch as we know it. He abdicates the position of LC because he essentially already died. The leaders of the Wildlings, Melisandre and the remaining Queens Men swear him fealty as their cumulative chosen leader.

Annihilating the night's watch is a better way of absolving him of his vows than having him die and be resurrected. Besides, once the Great Santa and his icy elves break down the wall, all of Westeros will have to become the Night's Watch more or less. The one who leads them should be the one to plunk his ass on the Iron Throne.

Annihilating the night's watch is a better way of absolving him of his vows than having him die and be resurrected. Besides, once the Great Santa and his icy elves break down the wall, all of Westeros will have to become the Night's Watch more or less. The one who leads them should be the one to plunk his ass on the Iron Throne.

Hey hey hey, I fight the Others in secret and stuff, they are not my elves, though, on the other hand, maybe I should make an Other my Hand (See what I did there? I am Brilliant! Mawhahaha, um, I mean, HOHOHO) Thats it, I am switching sides and instead of fighting the Others, I am going to make them my minions.

I personally believe the Song of Ice and Fire is centered around Jon (Ice) and Dani (Fire), plus with the whole R+L=JS, plus the AA thing...there's just no way he's out of the picture and/or doesn't still have a HUGE impact throughout the next two.

I'm totally with you... I just want a Stargaryen supergroup so much.

I think Tyrion will play a big role in joining these two. I'm paraphrasing and I forgot who said it (I think Moqorro), but the whole 'a small body casts a big shadow and commands the dragons' thing alludes to this. Tyrion was tight with Jon when he visited the wall and is currently in Mereen to be an asset for Dany.

maybe not in WoW, but I think Bran will be a 'rider' of one of the dragons through warging. I think Jojen said that he wouldn't walk again, but that he would fly. this could mean warging into crows, but I just like the idea of him as a dragon and helping defeat the Others.

I also like Arya as a potential dragon rider, just through her tomboy character and similar plot to Dany; being from a once great house (i know the Starks aren't as in as bad shape as the Targ's) and having to fend for themselves, as well as reading about Nymeria the dragon rider and other adventurers.

Maybe Bran won't ride a dragon but he could bring together the remaining Stark clan and tell Jon of his true parents while they both occupy Ghost. I'm not sure if it was Lyanna, but Bran saw a vision of a birth under the WF weirwood and mentioned that the woman looked similar to Arya (Arya and Jon were the two that were said to have "Stark" features and look like Lyanna and Ned rather than Cat)

sorry about the random, wide range post with lack of concrete quotes and evidence but thats my $0.02

I am fed up with the stories about waking the Dragon from the Stone. All we hear are prophesies of this Red priestess Melisandre and it is know, that she has proven wrong on many occasions. And if we take this seriously, where are these stone Dragons? We know from the Old Valyrian lore and the folklore about the Dragons and from the true Dragons of Daenerys, that Dragons can be hatched from Dragons Eggs. We see no mentions of Dragon Eggs in the possession of the characters with close relationship with Melisandre. And except all that foolishness, all the eggs know to the Known World are petrified and not possession of Stannis. I think, that these prophesies refer to the Eggs of Daenerys Targaryen, who had three petrified Dragon eggs and they hatched (wake the stone Dragon). As for Azor Ahai who is reborn amidst salt and smoke, this refers to a place, which is surrounded by smoke and salt. This means the Great Island of Dragonstone, the Ancient Seat of the Great House Targaryen.

It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

--Melisandre, SoS, pg. 289

This phrase cannot mean the Wall because the has no salt. It cannot be made o salt, it is only pure rainwater, because if it was made with a mixture of salt and water it could not remain stable all the eons and it couln't be built at all. So i thin it refers to Dragonstone, smoke for the volcano and salt for the sea. As for the part wake dragons out of stone, it means literally wake petrified Dragons. The only Dragons that is mentioned to be petrified are the Dragon Eggs all over the world. So no Stannis or Jon cannot be Azor Ahai because their are not born amidst of smoke and salt and they have no Dragon Eggs to hatch.

Archived