Role in WoW: Jon Snow (Spoilers):

Ours if the Fury

No, remember the Varamyr prologue of Dance. I see that as basically showing us exactly what is going to happen with Jon, for a time.

Another thing that points out , as i think. : ,, Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. ''

Alright so the Lord Commander gets reborn by fire, as Jonny Stark, a free man, but also happens to be heir to his big bro Robby Stark King of Winterfell, Warden of the North, via royal proclamation. Still ignorant of who he really is: Jonny Targaryen King of Westeros thanks to his his true parents: Crown Prince Ray and his second wife: Princess Lyanna.

How is this possible one asks? well my guess would be this:

Prince Ray's children with Elia belong to his best bud Art Dayne. So Ray marries Elia because daddy's the king of the world and he said so.

"No Problem" Ray says.

Ray comes up with a plan where everybody wins:

His pal Art is up in Kings Landing with Elia anyways.

Ray rides down to the old palace at the ruins of Summerhall with Lyanna. Marries her as his second wife, a little consummation and a new crown prince named Jonny Targaryen is born and everybody's cool? Right? Targaryens can have as many wives and children as they want, its good for the realm, bastards or not, just ask aegon 4. Ray can make all the bastards Lords when he becomes king Ray after daddy dies.

"its all good." Ray says to the court.

"so were cool dad? everything's good?" Ray asks.

"sure Ray, its cool" dad says. "but it's your ass if u mess this up"

all of a sudden cousin robbie baratheon over at storms end finds out that lyanna rode south with the crown prince and starts a revolution.

the king dies, and the Lannisters take over by using a very textbook american strategy: wait until the end of the war to jump in and sack the enemy's capital. those Lannisters are pretty clever, ill give them that.

So where does King Jonny go now? Well south of course to his throne and his crown, first to Winterfell until howland reed shows up and breaks all this down for everybody because its pretty confusing then to kings landing via mr manderly with stannis as his hand. Jonny is the protector of the realm after all with lightbringer (blackfyre?). Cousin Dany is coming with fire(dragons) and blood(unsullied), and Cousin Egg Dayne with the sword of the morning, elephants, 10000 spears and 10000 swords. We have the makings of a fine party for King Jonnys coronation.

oh but wait winter is coming, and its already on the way. damn.

Long time lurker, now finally writing my first post.

Watching the preview for season 4 something cought my eye (or better my ear):

Jon saying "As if I went to sleep for a year and when I woke up the wall was fallen appart". Considering the showrunner have some knowledge of what is coming in the next books, I would say it is save to say that Jon is going to wake up from Dr. Marsh's prescribed nap.

But as it will take some time I don't think it is going to happen in TWoW. Mayhaps we will see some Ghost action, or Jon's spirit could probably wander North to be our POV char or POW (sorry, couldn't resist :D ) of the WW.

My own crackpot theory is that Jon is indeed the prince who was promised, but I think Martin won't make it that easy for good old Jon. My guess is we are in for some good old chosen one action. Jon going to the dark side and becoming the Night King, first Leutenant to the great Other, Captain General of the undead Legions, vanquisher of the realms of men he once swore to protect. But in the end he will also be the one who ends the long night and thus bringing balance to the force, pardon, seasons I mean.

And wouldn't it be awesome if (T)WoW ends like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

they even got blue eyes and a dragon :D

I posted this in the topic for the foreshadowing trailer but think it's relevant here too.

Jon Snow saying "As if I went to sleep for a year, and when I woke up the worlds fallen apart"

So the body goes into a coma and is resurrected/recovered later theories would appear to be backed up by this in my opinion. Jon will leave us and return later as the Prince that was Promised, but while he's gone the wall will likely fall. "Not on my watch!"

Jon saying "As if I went to sleep for a year and when I woke up the wall was fallen appart". Considering the showrunner have some knowledge of what is coming in the next books, I would say it is save to say that Jon is going to wake up from Dr. Marsh's prescribed nap

Damn you beat me to it! Well done on picking up on this too. I thought I was the only one.

Jon saying "As if I went to sleep for a year and when I woke up the wall was fallen appart". Considering the showrunner have some knowledge of what is coming in the next books, I would say it is save to say that Jon is going to wake up from Dr. Marsh's prescribed nap.

But as it will take some time I don't think it is going to happen in TWoW. Mayhaps we will see some Ghost action, or Jon's spirit could probably wander North to be our POV char or POW (sorry, couldn't resist :D ) of the WW.

My own crackpot theory is that Jon is indeed the prince who was promised, but I think Martin won't make it that easy for good old Jon. My guess is we are in for some good old chosen one action. Jon going to the dark side and becoming the Night King, first Leutenant to the great Other, Captain General of the undead Legions, vanquisher of the realms of men he once swore to protect. But in the end he will also be the one who ends the long night and thus bringing balance to the force, pardon, seasons I mean.

And wouldn't it be awesome if (T)WoW ends like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

they even got blue eyes and a dragon :D

Jon is going to be The Last Hero 2.0, and Stannis The Night's King 2.0. It is known.

Six words... Thoros of Myr via Lady Stoneheart

Sorry for those who have heard me ramble about this before, but I do believe that Jon Snow is dead (and had wargged into Ghost) and that Melissandre will not be able to bring him back on her own, but will recognize that he is still living in Ghost. She will have a POV chapter of her finding him and trying to bring him back, but she will be unsuccessful. She will then go to the flames and look for answers and will see Thoros of Myr and what he had done for Dondarrion and what he is currently doing for Catelyn Stark. I truly believe that we got a hint of this from what we saw in the show. I know nothing should be taken super seriously from the show, but at the same time, why include a whole scene of Mel being wowed by Thoros' power. This clearly means that Mel cannot do this. She can makes shadow babies, that's her thing.

So, after Mel sees Thoros as a possibility, she and Ghost will travel to Eastwatch by the Sea and then set sail to find Thoros. I won't go into detail about what happens between Stoneheart, Jaime and Brienne, but long story short, Stoneheart sees the dead body of the bastard that she always hated and needs to make a decision on whether or not she will give her life to save his. This is why she was brought back to life, to finish this unfinished business. After a very emotional kiss of life from Catelyn to Jon, Jon will wake up and will have seen what Catelyn did through the eyes of Ghost and will be very touched.

After that, Jon will march back to the Wall, but will go through the Riverlands with the Brotherhodd and that is how Ramsay and Roose will meet their demise. Stannis first from the front and then Jon from the back with a last minute dramatic twist that all battles seem to have.

One more thing worth noting (not at all tied in with my theory), if Jon wargs into Ghost and waits for his human body to be revived, he will not lose his mind like Catelyn because he will still be mentally living. He will turn out more like Donarrion after maybe his second or third death.

However, what does this mean for Ghost? I feel that since Ghost's mind will be out of it for a decent amount of time, that this will have some impact on the direwolf's mindset. I think it would be very silly if Ghost was just a direwolf again with no sideeffects after Jon took its mind for that long. I can't say I know a lot about warging to know if I am on to something or not so please, someone help me out here.

I think something that is interesting is the whole salt part of the prophecy. A term I've heard used in the real world is "salt of the earth" and perhaps Val being salt of the earth or a "wildling" fulfilling that part of the prophecy. There are so many variables and it will be very interesting to see what unfolds!

My own 2 cents, I don't think he's dead.

I think we just have a good, old fashioned mutiny at the wall. The ones involved in stabbing Jon are the ones that attacked the giant, and have probably attacked the wildlings there too. They are doing it "for the watch." I think the queen's men with Mel and perhaps some wildlings will rescue Jon before he is dead.

Now Jon may warg a bit while unconscious, but I don't think he will actually die.

I think its a bit too cute (especially for GRRM) to have Jon "die," come back to life, and then say he is now free of his vows.

Here are a few theories:

Jon didn't get stabbed; a lookalike did (kinda like Mance didn't get barbecued).

Jon's tough and will heal from his stab wounds. He'll warg into Ghost long enough to eviscerate the Nights Watchmen that stabbed him though. He may even hear from Bran while in warg mode.

Jon doesn't need to ever become free of the NW. All of Westeros is going to have to convert into NW-mode in order to survive the long winter, so being in charge of the defenders of the realms of men will be as good as sitting the Iron Throne. Heck, they may even reward him with it.

First, I am new here, this is my third post. i love debating ASOIAF but my friends either only watch the show or are no more then bleating sheep that just agree with my opinions, lol.

Second, I LOVE the idea of Howlend Reed being the Ghost of Winterfell, I have never thought of that.

Third, I am convinced Jon is AA, I am rusting on the all the different prophecies and dreams, but from my readings I think everyone is right, Jon has to go back to Winterfell to find out who he is in the crypts, but will just find Howlend Reed hiding there, like Bran and Rickon did once. I guess there could be something hidden in Lyanna's tomb, but a harp wouldn't really prove anything or help all that much. Now the Horn being hidden there in the crypts does make a lot of sense. But as to the theories about Jon being reborn as AA, I think he will, but one of the key points in the story is the thrusting of his sword into his wife's chest to temper it. To sacrifice his wife to finish Lightbringer, who would Jon temper Longclaw in to make it Lightbringer. My only thought would be Ghost. It would break his connection to the Old Gods, but also tie the Old Gods to AA.

Thoughts?

I think that, given the importance of the whole magic of life/death and resurrection in the plot, Jon has to be actually dead and brought back in some way.

If someone else pays for it with their own life, preferably willingly, then the right price has been paid, a death for a life, and Jon will end up as the hero of the realm.

If the price is NOT paid, but Jon is still brought back... then that's yet another cheat of life over death. And with the number of times that that damn raven has said "Snow" and "King" together... who's to say that he won't be Night's King reborn, and the last hero (Tyrion? Dany? Stannis?) will have to *kill* him to set the world to rights.

I can't see even GRRM making a character like Jon Snow a villain. And I have trouble seeing Jon as either King in the North or on the Iron Throne if he died and came back like Lady Stoneheart and The Lightning Lord, even if he came back as AA and saved the world, I'm not sure he would be a fit King, being dead changes you, makes you less human.

Archived