Role in WoW: Jon Snow (Spoilers):

Ours if the Fury

I tend to think Jon "died" after being stabbed several times, and he will live on in Ghost. Melisandre warns Jon several times of dangers close at hand, and to keep Ghost close, which he ignores.

I hope Melisandre can resurrect him but I doubt she knows she has that power.

As LC, Jon makes several decisions that go against his mandate of the Watch not taking part. His last action before dying, rallying the Watch and wildlings to march south, is the biggest of them. Ignoring his duties as lord commander. Jon dying would be the final step of his departure from the Watch.

I believe he's dead but will come back in his "second life" as ghost, which also would explain the importance of ADWD's prologue and Varamyr's fate. Jon is a powerful warg, after all.

Jon actually dying is also in keeping with GRRM's writing and narrative themes so far in ASOIF. That having honor can be as dangerous as any enemy, that winter will triumph over warmth, ice will win out over fire.

Jons Nissa Nissa would have to be the one person he loves beyond anything and anyone else. It cannot be Ghost, Ghost is a part of Jon, as stated within the story. So who's the one person who Jon loves more than anything, who's the one person he would risk everything to save? who's the one person that has been in his thoughts since his first chapter of the first book? Arya Stark. Jon will eventually have to kill Arya Stark to temper Lightbringer.

Chaos will break out at the wall. Jon was the only thing holding them all together, those wildlings were fired up when Jon made his speech of marching south, how much more fired up do you think they will be once they see Jon stabbed a bunch of times, the nights watch will be destroyed........Unless there are more people involved than we know of....Maybe Bowen made some sort of pact with another party of people, possibly the Norreys or the FLints...or maybe barrowtown....Bowen could not have acted alone, I don't see it...maybe Eastwatchmen - the commander Cotter Pyke left as castellan was not someone Jon remembered as being friendly toward him

1. George Martin is not going to build up a 'who's the mommy (daddy)' and spend 5 books on it only to have Jon die. Deal with it. ;)

2. There's been nothing in the prophecies of needing another literal Nissa Nissa. In fact, you probably shouldn't look at the prophecies in a literal way at all, as George likes the metaphorical fulfilment of prophecies. Better people than me can actually guide you to the SSM or interview that comes from.

Jon dies, gets burned(burning ceremony), doesn't burn. Melisandre resurrects him(to help Stannis). He sends the Wildlings south with him(now void of his vows, he lets his slayers live for the whitewalkers to get them). He kills Roose Bolton(who is retreating out the backside of Winterfell.) The North rallies around unofficial warden Jon Snow, and around Stannis as someone who can get vengeance for them. They march south, since Winterfell is beyond repair currently. They meet Howland Reed, Jon asks whats up, he tells him why he was Unburnt. Stannis recognizes him as the true heir and gives all of his men to Jon. They march south for The Twins.

Jon's story has yet to be told. A nobody like Bowen Marsh is not going to be the one who brings him down. What a BS way to kill off a dynamic character. GRRM can not afford to take Jon out of the game for long in this stage of the series. not if all the foreshadowing, prophecies, and visions that people look way too far into have any merit.

Jon is not dead and warging in to Ghost after this attack will not be a major part of Jon's role in this story. He won't be UnJon. He will just be Jon that survived a bush league betrayal. He will continue to lead the NW until he is told of his lineage. Then all bets are off.. but if I were him I would leave that circus at the wall

I agree that he will survive, intact. I think he has the blood of the dragon (the dagger was "smoking" in much the same way the spear melted when someone stabbed Drogan). I think he will warg into Ghost, be mistaken for dead but his vital organs won't be destroyed - perhaps as a result of being a dragon. If they chant, "and now his watch is over," and he wargs back to himself, he is freed from his vows and can head south to kick some serious ass. Moreover, he now seems to fit some of the prophecies.

I am skeptical that Stannis will survive and think his armies will opt to follow Jon. At some point, perhaps before that, they will learn that he was Robb's heir (and as king, he could do that). At that point, everyone thinks he is the surviving male. He becomes Lord of Winterfell and King of the North. He has shown a great deal of aptitude as a leader and has already forged ties with the Wildings that he has moved south of the wall. I think he will destroy the Boltons and go a long way to finishing the job Robb started. But never forget, the war isn't in the south, it is what is coming from the north.

I don't think the part about him being resurrected by LS and being completely touched by it can work. The quote from AGOT, when Bran sees him lying on a cold bed, with all memory of warmth fleeing from him, leads me to believe that after the resurrection he is going to be one cold-hearted BAMF. He will not remember who he was previously, the way Beric is confused by his previous life.

I think Jon will be the Night's King 2.0.

I subscribe to the theory that Melisandre is serving the Great Other (unwittingly). There are hints that points to this being true such as clues that Melisandre is undead. I think she's being misled by TGO into think she's looking for AA but in fact she's being served visions of the NK. After all, it's only her interpretations that she's supposed to look for AA. At first she believes this person to be Stannis but has now focused her attention on Jon. Also, the crow calling Jon "king" could be a foreshadow to Jon becoming the NK.

Back when he met Ygritte, she told him that Jon Snow was considered an evil name to the wildlings but she didn't tell him why. Could it be that the first NK was also a Stark bastard named Jon Snow?

What is the NK2.0 exactly?

Actually it means Night's King 2.0.

It means undead Jon will lead the others against Westeros. So he's the white walker's version of AA.

I don't see any clues pointing to that fate for Jon, and it would make R+L=J around negligible. The Night's King 2.0 is more likely Stannis who has made his residence at the Nightfort with Mel as the Night's Queen.

This is my first time responding on this forum, although I have been reading it for a while. I have been blown away by what some people have puzzled together and some of the theories that have been going around, very good work! Just finished the books this evening. Anyway back On-topic

I believe the first 2-3 chapters will be Jon warging into Ghost, but his warging will end then and there. I don't see any reason or evidence why Jon would stay the rest of the books as a warg with all the loose ends and mysteries around him. Also, Bran is still very much around and in my opinion one warg (and I know he is much more then that) is enough for the story.

I also believe Mel will revive Jon. Someone in this topic mentioned that Mel may not be aware of her reviving powersbut that seems very unlikely. If a half-a drunken priest like Thoros of Myr knows how to revive a man 5(?) times, Melisandre will know how to do it aswell. Also, because her powers at the wall are "stronger" it's likely she revives in a better state as uCat or Beric were in.

Probally during the period Jon is comatose a big fight erupts between the wildlings and the NW man, because of everything what happened and the wall will fall(not physically). Jon wil be not be at the wall when he wakes up. The only place where I see him wake up is at or at his way to Howland Reed's house with Mel and Tormund. This is also where he finds out his parentage and where he decides to conqeuer the North with the help of the wildlings, Howland Reed and mayby Stannis (depends if the battle at Winterfell takes place before or after he wakes up). Stannis will probally die(sadly) at which point Mel realises Jon is actually AA

Off-topic: I also want to play with the idea that AA is not actually one, but two persons. As Cliché as it is, I think Dany and Jon are the persons who will end up together. Most likly not on the iron throne, just saving the world and stuff. This in my eyes is the song of ice(Jon) and Fire(Dany)

Sorry if my english lacks, it's not my first language.

...loving the ideas popping up in this thread. Lady Stoneheart sacrificing herself to revive Jon.... Being reborn amongst "Salt" pork and "Smoked" Ham in the ice cellar....

Jon Being the Stone Dragon..... There's so much foreshadowing I missed! Time to reread the series for a third time methinks.

Winds of Winter is gonna friggin rule!!

Actually it means Night's King 2.0.

I don't see any clues pointing to that fate for Jon, and it would make R+L=J around negligible. The Night's King 2.0 is more likely Stannis who has made his residence at the Nightfort with Mel as the Night's Queen.

Why does Jon have to be a hero just because he's born to R&L? The books haven't followed any typical fantasy tropes before and I don't think it will start now.

Why does Jon have to be a hero just because he's born to R&L? The books haven't followed any typical fantasy tropes before and I don't think it will start now.

Jon has the secret royal heritage, and a plethora of parallels to King Arthur. He is also as hinted at being AA/PtwP, and through his heritage being ice and fire. GRRM doesn't purely deconstruct tropes, but critiques them. The books do seem to be following the trope of medieval courtly love with Sansa and Sandor.

Archived