The Edward and Bella Factor: Which couple makes you want to stab yourself in the face?

ghosts in winterfell

Jaime/Cersei is pretty sick but with all the trouble it has caused at least they bother to keep it discrete.

Lyanna/Rhaegar and Robb/Jeyne are the worst. They betrayed their families and their duty for a thrill and got lots of people killed for that.

Lyanna gets her family killed and starts a world war because she feels running away with a prince would be soooo romantic, and than her stupid nephew gets all his people killed and his house almost exterminated because he has the hots for another stupid girl. I mean - seriously people have some sense of responsibility.

Plus , the dude almost deserves to be killed just for that line about the heart and castle that was quoted here.

Its hard to believe that these 2 morons are related to the every honorable and dutiful Ned.

Are we just doing actual romances are potential romances? I will go with potential...

The idea of Tyrion and Penny, just because they are two dwarves does not mean there needs to be romance

Jorah and Dany. Just... bleh :ack:

Taena and Orton Merryweather. She certainly didn't marry him for looks or personality...

:agree: And that sexy time next to Joffrey's corps was completely on Jaime, which is also the reason so many readers seem to be ok with it. It's Jaime, everything he does wrong is someone else's fault. Or not a fault at all.

Drives me crazy the lengths people will go to forgive Jaime. It's all Cersei's fault! No, he's a big boy, a man grown when HE makes the decision to give up CR to be KG. Cersei asked him to, but he could have said no. He did it because he wanted to be close to her much as she wants him close. He made the choice to walk away from his life, she didn't force him. He also made the choice to knock her up, to kill Aerys, to to push Bran. Whether or not she wanted these things, he did them. She didn't force him to break every vow he's ever made.

Most sickening: Ramsay and Jeyne makes me squirm but more in a horrible, horrible, horrible, sickening vile disgust kind of way.

Most embarrassing: As for being embarrassed by too much information, the award for that has to go to Dany and Daario, although Dany and Drogo gets a close second. I feel i know waaayyy too much about Daenerys Targaryen's sexual preferences.

Most annoying: But then somebody reminded me about Jon and Ygritte. I'm not a Jon fan, but Ygritte? Her constant "You know nothing"s, and running commentary on whatever she's up to with Jon get on my nerves. Put a sock in it woman!

Most disturbing: Kind of disturbed by the whole Sansa 4 Sandor stuff too.

I took the basic premises of this thread to mean a couple that looked stupidly and childishly perfectly in love, a saccarine sweet couple, the kind that would give you multiple cavities just by being in their presence. I'm not finding that type of example today, maybe I'm just in too good a mood? LOL

But close to this idea would be the way Sansa felt about her Prince Charming Joffrey, but that wasn't based on fact. If I could find a relationship that seemed honest, and came off like that then I'd have a candidate for the dental decay, but I'm at a loss. Oh dammit, I'm just too happy today, that must mean.........something awful will happen to me before the day's out. Now I'm scared. :o

I took the basic premises of this thread to mean a couple that looked stupidly and childishly perfectly in love, a saccarine sweet couple, the kind that would give you multiple cavities just by being in their presence. I'm not finding that type of example today, maybe I'm just in too good a mood? LOL

But close to this idea would be the way Sansa felt about her Prince Charming Joffrey, but that wasn't based on fact. If I could find a relationship that seemed honest, and came off like that then I'd have a candidate for the dental decay, but I'm at a loss. Oh dammit, I'm just too happy today, that must mean.........something awful will happen to me before the day's out. Now I'm scared. :o

Tbh the dynamic between Edward and Bella is the complete opposite. It's more like the romanticizing of a very unhealthy relationship that is a little closer on the spectrum to Joffrey/Sansa (perhaps without the physical abuse). Edward is emotionally manipulative/abusive and is constantly putting her down. It's of the BS "I'm hurting you because I love you!" variety.

So, you're actually spot on!

Tbh the dynamic between Edward and Bella is the complete opposite. It's more like the romanticizing of a very unhealthy relationship that is a little closer on the spectrum to Joffrey/Sansa (perhaps without the physical abuse). Edward is emotionally manipulative/abusive and is constantly putting her down. It's of the BS "I'm hurting you because I love you!" variety.

So, you're actually spot on!

Oh, okay, thanks. See, I guess it's not easy to analyze a series of books and movies on some two minute commercials, go figure. :lmao:

Thanks, though. :cheers:

Archived