The Edward and Bella Factor: Which couple makes you want to stab yourself in the face?

ghosts in winterfell

As suggested in The Dumbledore Factor.

For me it would have to be it would have to be between Dany/Daario and Dany/Drogo. She could do so much better than Daario, and Dany/Drogo is only cute if you totally ignore the whole child bride thing and the fact that he spent the first half of their marriage raping her.

So what are your least favorite couples? Feel free to drag your least favorite ships as well!

I hate how Dany/Drogo was romanticized, but I blame the show for that. That being said I also hate Dany/Daario, but at least Daario doesn't really pretend that their relationship is anything more than it is.

I dislike Tyrion/Shae, Rhaegar/Lyanna and Robb/Jeyne intensely.

Plus, the Robb/Jeyne relationship gave way for the corniest line in the novels.

Possibly paraphrasing: "I stole her castle and she stole my heart."

Gah, Robb, that basically made me root for your death.

As suggested in The Dumbledore Factor.

For me it would have to be it would have to be between Dany/Daario and Dany/Drogo. She could do so much better than Daario, and Dany/Drogo is only cute if you totally ignore the whole child bride thing and the fact that he spent the first half of their marriage raping her.

So what are your least favorite couples?

While I did read all of Harry Potter as an adult and thoroughly enjoyed it, I've never had any interest in reading or seeing any of the Twilight nonsense. The commercials alone did make me feel stabby, though, so I will give some thought to this subject matter, too. Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I'm not feeling particularly stabby today cause so far, I got..........nuthin', LOL I will give it thought, though. :cool4:

Well, to be fair, Jaime is the one inciting the thing on Cersei in front of their dead child.

But that's not the point.
My least favourite couple is...
Robb and the Westerling.

Poor boy. And poor girl too.

Jaime and Cersei. Not because of the incest but because of how she corrupts him. Plus the whole sex next to Joffreys corpse, I mean, WTF!

To be fair to Jaime and Cersei, by the time GRRM killed Joffrey even I found the thought of him being a corpse a bit of a turn on.

Ramsay Bolton and Jeyne Poole

I would add to that Ramsay and any human being... Plus, of course, Walder Frey and his wives...

Interestingly, I love Roose/Fat Walda... There is something rather comical in that pairing...

LF and Lysa was always despicable for me...

And I still throw up whenever someone mentions the idea Tyrion and Sansa might end up together.

To be fair to Jaime and Cersei, by the time GRRM killed Joffrey even I found the thought of him being a corpse a bit of a turn on.

I agree, LOL Who cares about that demonseed rotting there anyway? Poor Jaime, just wanted to be with the woman he loved and missed and lost a piece of himself on the way back to her. Also, it is the start of his eyes opening to what she really is, and I was always all for that. Jaime's naivete about Cersei is dying, right there next to Joff's rotting corpse, works for me.

As far as couples that give me the ewwwwwwwww and eyeroll feel of Twilight commercials, I'm still working on that. I'm guessing I should pick a couple who thinks or acts like they are true love but make me sick to my stomach? I'm still....thinking.

Ramsay Bolton and Jeyne Poole

Dear god, that one makes me shudder to think about. Hell, thinking of Ramsay at all makes me shudder. I'd bet money if poor Jeyne survives all this she'd be happy to join the Silent Sisters or Septa, so never goes NEAR a man again.

Tyrion/Sansa is pretty revolting, and even if Tyrion lives, the marriage MUST end. Best thing for both of them really.

Robb/Jeyne was annoyingly high school-though to be fair they WERE teenagers.

But Jaime/Cersei was especially hateful-not because of the incest per se- but because of the damage they did to everyone around them-and even Jaime is starting to wake up and realize that Cersei led him to doing absolutely despicable things. Plus Cersei's whole attraction to Jaime was basically about fucking her own mirror image. Yuck.

Archived