Talk about Stannis Baratheon pt3, stannis the martyr

E-Ro

Haha, hasn't been fair for us since ACOK. Guess we picked the losing side from the start.

Seems GRRM has not only been screwing over the Baratheons, but the Stormlands as well. Seriously, they've been losing wars since the series began, and it seems they'll be on the losing side of the Second Dance as well.

Oh yeah, I pretty much meant his fake sword. We all know it isn't the real one, assuming of course there even was a real one...

What if:

Stannis takes Winterfell, marches back to CB, but in the meantime Mel has sacrificed Shireen to revive Jon (and fails). Stannis gets mad, stabs Mel in the chest, and Lightbringer ignites for true. Double fake-out on AA. Dad but interesting poss.

What if:

Stannis takes Winterfell, marches back to CB, but in the meantime Mel has sacrificed Shireen to revive Jon (and fails). Stannis gets mad, stabs Mel in the chest, and Lightbringer ignites for true. Double fake-out on AA. Dad but interesting poss.

Mel would never do that.

If Drogon swallows the Mannis, he will just cut his way out alien chestburster style.

That would literally be the greatest scene ever. He'd walk out of a huge gaping bloody hole in Drogon's chest, stare at Dany with his cold, intense eyes, Lightbringer gripped in his hand, and turn and say "Jon, fetch me a block."

I'm hurt you don't think I'm serious :(

Well now I just feel like an asshole.

in Ero's gilded cage life is smooth... there is no body hair...

and just like that i feel better.

Surely GRRM could not be so cruel. Oh, wait, of course he could. I propose we start a private chat room for confirmed Stan Stans only. Only to be used in case of total disaster ie. Stannis dies in TWOW. There we may shelter from the howls of Loose Derision and Danystans, rehabilitate our poor E-RO back to fighting strength, and plot bloody revenge against whichever character stole our king away.

:laugh:

It would be a very difficult time for Stan Stans indeed.

Not sure if E-Ro would ever get back to him form afterwards.

I'm a Stark fan but I'm also sympathetic towards Stannis. That man deserves the IT. He always did his duty expecting nothing in return.

Sometimes I like to think of what would happen if Robb wasn't yet crowned and succeeded in allying with Stannis pre-battle of blackwater.

The Young Wolf and the Fiery Stag FTW!

Btw, without Ero doing his duty of defending Stannis, this forum would flooded with more Stan hatred.

Long live E-Ro. Defender of the Mannis and Lord Protector of the Stanstans.

i love you ugys, you all the best. you love love love when you knowicant love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-fmj2oeV4s

lightbringer is actually real man, its a real sword that is named lightbriner, there can be two swords with the same name it doesnt make one a fake sword just not the lightbrionger you are thinking of.

lightbringer is actually real man, its a real sword that is named lightbriner, there can be two swords with the same name it doesnt make one a fake sword just not the lightbrionger you are thinking of.

:agree:

This Lightbringer's name is actually more fitting than the original, the original should be called Heatbringer or something

Has there ever been a line to sum King Stannis better than this?

:drunk:

Winds time.

I have no faith in Justin Massey. Stannis has a bit of a tendency to give positions of authority to people that are either really good at what they do, or who really don't deserve it, whether they be

incompetent, self-serving or just plain treacherous. Justin himself seemed like a decent enough sort originally. He stuck with Stannis until the end, served as one of the wrong-way rangers, and was in his inner council (and made a joke at one of the Queen's Men's expense). In the sample, Stannis got somewhat annoyed with Justin for treating his service a bit like a bargain, trying to get Winterfell or the Iron Islands out of what Stannis was telling him to do. On its own that's not too bad, but there's also the line from ADWD where Justin says that he's lost faith in more than just his god, implying that he's not completely on board with Stannis anymore either.

I'm not sure what he stands to gain from going to another side at this point (he won't have any authority in the Free Cities without Stannis' Iron Bank support) but he may find a way to misuse the money he's been given. How do you all think this guy may effect Stannis' cause?

:agree:

This Lightbringer's name is actually more fitting than the original, the original should be called Heatbringer or something

I agree with you brah, its just like I dont get why people say his sword is fake. its an actual useable sword. who cares what he calls it, jof can call a sword lions paw then stannis can call his sword lightbringer.

people just get all hung up on "lmfao no way brah brah he isnt aa its not lightrbinger is a fake! Stannis is a loser with a capitol L!"

so yes, I look forward to seeing stannis wield lightbringer in battle.

• 2 weeks later...

I edited the title and im bumping.

I just want to say I think Stannis is going to achieve martyrdom before the end of the series. A few examples of how this could happen is if he has a choice to go south or north, one would be for the throne the other would be to fight others. If he goes north and dies fighting others, saving the realm yet again it would make him a true martyr.

Another good example would be if that silly gnc theory were true, and the northmen kill him after he rids the boltons and freys from existence he would be a martyr. I also think if this were to happen that after the winter ends an army from the south would descend on the north and put it to the sword killing many of them and re taking it. the north would be vastly reduced after the winter and all the fighting, so they would be helpless.

.Another good example would be if that silly gnc theory were true, and the northmen kill him after he rids the boltons and freys from existence he would be a martyr. I also think if this were to happen that after the winter ends an army from the south would descend on the north and put it to the sword killing many of them and re taking it. the north would be vastly reduced after the winter and all the fighting, so they would be helpless.

A chance to put an end to the master race myth?

A chance to put an end to the master race myth?

yeah, putting that to an end would be great as well. North, south, same thing.

I dont expect the northmen to follow him out of any sort of northern honor, I expect them to follow him because making ANOTHER enemy out of someone that is trying to help you(especially when so much stuff is going down) is idiotic.

Archived