The George's Rules

The Silver Otter

Thank you Blue Eyes. That's my guess too.

Of course, that logic also doesn't bode well for Davos's hopes of rescuing Rickon, so Lord Manderly can rally the North behind him...

If that is in fact his plan. It's Littlefinger that last time he told a Stark his plan it didn't work out well for the Starks.

The longer the plan is described the more jacked up it will be.

Prologues and epilogues are almost always fatal lol

Over confidence is always bad.

Do not ever break your oath lol

Be careful what you wish for, because GRRM will give it to you in monkey paw fashion

But he didn't die until Ser Barristan's POV, so the rule guideline remains, and only POV deaths are more assured. The exception being Dondarrion and later UnCat.

Not a rule. Thus far only 3 out of 43 perspective characters have died. One in her own view. One sustained fatal wounds is view which is not markedly different. One in someone else's view.

There is simply not evidence to say this is a pattern and it most likely is not. And if it is a rule, the sustaining fatal wounds example still means no one is safe.

People seeking vengeance rarely get it, and if they do, the price is normally ridiculously high.

Arya, put your list away girl.

u are right!

Even when reading the books for the 1st time I noticed a strong ressemblance of the Stark family with the Holy Seven...and their failure to achieve what their counterparts of the 7 stand for:

Ned: the Father...failed to protect and hold the family together

Catelyn: the Mother: failed to protect her children

Sansa: the Maiden: bound to lose her maidenhood eventually

Bran: the Crone: the Greenseer, the wise....will perhaps fail to see or interpret important dreams, visions, hindsights

Rickon: should be the Builder then...still to see

now Arya: the Stranger...will fail to give death, will perhaps give up her way of death and revenge

u are right!

Even when reading the books for the 1st time I noticed a strong ressemblance of the Stark family with the Holy Seven...and their failure to achieve what their counterparts of the 7 stand for:

Bran: the Crone: the Greenseer, the wise....will perhaps fail to see or interpret important dreams, visions, hindsights

now Arya: the Stranger...will fail to give death, will perhaps give up her way of death and revenge

Is Robb supposed to be the Warrior?

u are right!

Interesting analysis, where would you place Jon? And Robb as Pendant mentioned.

1. Unless your name is Maester Aemon or Hoster Tully, no-one dies a natural death.

2. People who like reading are good.

3. If you're a noble, there's a better than 2/3 chance that any child will be male.

4. They're not dead unless we see it onscreen.

5. Prologues kill.

Interesting analysis, where would you place Jon? And Robb as Pendant mentioned.

oh sorry forgot Robb: Robb is the Warrior of course...who lost his war

and Jon...dunno where to put Jon...either Jon is meant to be the Builder in the place of Rickon and fails to build something ...or he does not fit in because he is not really part of Neds and Catelyns family (you know R+L)...

Don't agree that George is that unpredictable or that predictability is that bad.

I think it's more that he likes to go against conventions rather than that he's unpredictable. But I agree predictability isn't bad if it means events have clear causes in the story. The Red Wedding very clearly built up and easy to see coming if you're not blinded by just really wanting things to work out for the characters you like, like I was. Doesn't mean it's not good writing.

Archived