Best/ Worst comebacks

Tessarion

Ramsay: He’s mine. You cannot have him.

Roose: All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this … Reek … if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother

Ouch!

Roose: All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this … Reek … if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother

Ouch!

I think this is the best and harshest comeback I've ever heard, in both ASOIAF and life in general

"So young... yet mayhaps this was a blessing. If he'd lived he may have grown up to be a Frey."

Love it.

Ouch!

Haha, yeah. Roose is on the loose!

Tyrion at his most charming:

How I lost my nose? I shoved it up your wife's cunt and she bit it off.

Ouch!

Actually yeah, this wins. Seriously the best comeback ever.

Victarion: You of the rose! Be you the lord of Southshield?

Talbert Serry: His son and heir. Ser Talbert Serry. And who are you, kraken?

Victarion: Your death.

And also from the same chapter:

Euron: Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower? No man ever truly knows what he can do unless he dares leap.

Victarion: There is the window. Leap.

Victarion's unintentional and deadpan hilarity cracks me up every time.

"Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray." - Euron

"You must be blind as well as maimed, Ser. Lift your eyes, and you will see the direwolf still flies above our walls." -Blackfish

"Bring on your storm, my lord- and recall, if you do, the name of this castle" - Cortnay Penrose

Victarion's unintentional and deadpan hilarity cracks me up every time.

I love how the two characters in the series that hate laughter; Stannis and Victarion have the best one liners.

You can shove your contrived Tyrion smugness up your arses. Stannis and Vic's black humour all the way.

"We won't suffer this abomination here, this isn't Kings Landing"

“ Jaime: Are there any terms you will accept?

Brynden: From you? No.

Jaime: Why did you even come to treat with me?

Brynden: A siege is deadly dull. I wanted to see this stump of yours and hear whatever excuses you cared to offer up for your latest enormities. They were feebler than I’d hoped. You always disappoint, Kingslayer"

Blackfish, owning everyone as usual, I still feel Jamie's ego crumble every time I read this.

Archived