Best/ Worst comebacks

Tessarion

"As you will." Jon nodded to Iron Emmett. "Please take Lord Janos to the Wall, and hang him."

Boy, that was a classy burn! Slynt dishes out insult after insult and is confident that he's winning the argument by a wide margin, and wham! A one-liner to end it all.

Which brings up some of the worst comebacks "He would not dare to hang me. Janos Slynt has friends, important friends, you'll see....."

Ramsay: He’s mine. You cannot have him.

Roose: All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this … Reek … if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother

Ouch!

Oh, this one. The best, hands down.

I can't remember any comeback off the top of my head, but I love everything Bronn and Dolorous Edd say. They probably have a few awesome comebacks I just can't remember right now.

Where in Seven Hells are the Stannisfans on this thread? Second Son has some beastly come backers throughout the whole series.

Theon "Lord Ramsay is the one Your Grace should fear."

Stannis "I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

Which brings up some of the worst comebacks "He would not dare to hang me. Janos Slynt has friends, important friends, you'll see....."

Yeah, I wanted to mention Janos Slynt's ineffectual protests, but he has a few to choose from.

"The mark of the beast is on you, bastard !" ... Yeah because that's the way to convince Jon not to hang you.

I think this is the best and harshest comeback I've ever heard, in both ASOIAF and life in general

Yes, I think the whole back story of Ramsays birth was invented just so GRRM could give Roose the line 'before you make me rue the day I raped your mother' I see it more as a horrible gag about how bizarre that family is than a proper comeback though.

I think Blackfish and Cortney Penrose on their respective drawbridges get the best verbal blows in.

'You always disappoint, Kingslayer' is so cruel because its true his whole life has been not living up to his potential.

Actually I love this one, which is why Shagwell vs. Brienne was an awesome scene ...

"You mustn't hurt sweet Shagwell. I'm too droll to die."

"... you have robbed and raped and murdered."

"... but I'm amusing... I make men laugh."

"And women weep."

"Is that my fault? Women have no sense of humour."

:fencing:

:rofl:

Stannis takes the cake.

Bowen Marsh: "Who better to command the black than one who once commanded the gold cloaks?"

Stannis: "Any of you, i would think, even the cook."

Theon: "He'll [Ramsay] hurt you!"

Stannis: "He's welcome to try."

Renly: "You'll be pleased to know she came to me a maid."

Stannis: "In your bed, she's likely to stay that way."

Stannis takes the cake.

Bowen Marsh: "Who better to command the black than one who once commanded the gold cloaks?"

Stannis: "Any of you, i would think, even the cook."

Theon: "He'll [Ramsay] hurt you!"

Stannis: "He's welcome to try."

Renly: "You'll be pleased to know she came to me a maid."

Stannis: "In your bed, she's likely to stay that way."

Hahaha....

Also The comment about Rose is really sick and yet because of that i find Rose even more interesting to read about.

Renly had his own good comeback to "In your bed, she's like to die that way".... "How many sons do you have, Stannis? Oh, right - none." (inexact quote)

And in the TV version of that scene, the immortal line "Born amid salt and smoke. Is he a ham?"

Another one of my faves was Tyrion's retort to Joffrey saying "A king can do as he likes!" : "Aerys Targaryen did as he liked. Has your Uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?"

Archived