Do you view Daenerys as a dishonorable character?

Guard of the Rainking

And using her is a straw man because Dany has killed exactly 0 children.

And Dany being unable to kill children means that she was a gigantic dumbfuck for using child hostges in the first place. "Gee, I need to ensure good behavior from the Meereenese nobles, so I'll take child hostages from them and then blab like a dumbass to the Green Grace that I'd never hurt the children."

That alone should demonstrate that she's too stupid to rule an 8th grade bake sale, let alone an entire country.

Really? :rolleyes:

Well, Dany did apparently encourage with Drogo's plans after his whole, "I am gonna rape and slave everything I see" speech. She may not had the specific intent for that to happen. But, it seems to me to be "gross negligence".

And please don't say it's because she has a vagina.

You and i both know this is mostly why a select few root for her. *gives someone in particular the obligatory stink-eye*

"Dragons good, Others bad."

Pretty sure the story didnt tell me that. :B I read "Direwolves are the Gods' chosen, Others and dragons are bad juju."

/shrug

You and i both know this is mostly why a select few root for her. *gives someone in particular the obligatory stink-eye*

Pretty sure the story didnt tell me that. :B I read "Direwolves are the Gods' chosen, Others and dragons are bad juju."

/shrug

We joke about the vagina thing, but in all seriousness, change her to a man and have her do the exact same things (sacking, burning, crucifixion and torture), and see how many people love her.

So far Daenerys has (in my opinion) done some pretty dishonorable things during the series. She let's her husband pillage lands so, that they would get wealth for ships. She later steals an unsullied army, attacks Yunkai and Meereen and takes control of the latter without any rights.

So do you view her acts as dishonorable ones or is there something, that justifies them?

What? I do not believe Dany was in any position to tell Khal Drogo anything, especially in the beginning of their relationship, 2nd the unsullied were bought and then used. 3rd Yunkai and Mereen were given terms and turned them down. this seems pretty straight forward to me.

It's a hypothetical question, if Dany uses her dragon(s) to fight the Others, would you root for her?

Sure. I would also probably root for the Dothraki and the Ironborn too. But, at the end of the day, I still dislike the son of bitches.

Sure. I would also probably root for the Dothraki and the Ironborn too. But, at the end of the day, I still dislike the son of bitches.

Yeah, asking if you'd root for X character against the Others is like asking if you'd root for X character against Hitler. The hypothetical antagonist is so obviously bad that the hypothetical question basically becomes useless. I don't consider rooting for X character against the Others to be any sort of praise or endorsement.

Yeah, asking if you'd root for X character against the Others is like asking if you'd root for X character against Hitler. The hypothetical antagonist is so obviously bad that the hypothetical question basically becomes useless. I don't consider rooting for X character against the Others to be any sort of praise or endorsement.

If Hell was invaded by Hitler, I think I would find something kind to say about the Devil.

Or you could be as fiendish as me and root for the Others anyway.

Hell no. All the hate for Daenerys is some sissy whining. She stole the unsullied? Go cry me a river. She had the right of conquest as far as Meereen and Yunkai are concerned. She had nothing years ago, look what she has now. She got it by fire and blood, there is no other way she would have accomplished anything.

Of all the fucked up shit going on in Westwood, done by Knights, you all bitch and moan about her way too much.

No.

Just, no.

You all keep making her the devil, but when you get right down to it, she was still a child when thrown into a horrible situation. She eventually made the best out of it and was even happy for a while.

Everything she has ever done has been with the goal of either gaining the throne she has been told all her life belongs to her, or trying to make someone else's life less miserable.

She has failed horribly at this several times and made things worse for many of these people, but they have never been malicious, pre-meditated deeds.

Seriously people, why do so many of you hate her so much?

Archived