who will be the first to capture kings landing?

reek greyjoy

What is happening next in KL I think are Cerseis and Margerys trials. I imagine Cersei will win her trial, thanks to UnGregor, and Margery will lose her trial, thanks to the doings and intrigues of Varys, who wants to sow chaos and war between Lannisters and Tyrells. So...the Tyrell will march KL (including Loras) to save Margery and will be the next ones to bring war to KL.

Would Aegon try to do what Stannis is doing in the North? Save the realm first to win the throne? The Tyrell army won't leave KL while Marg is on trial. Would Aegon save the Reach from the Ironborn to win the allegiance of the Tyrells? Mace has gotta be getting pretty sick of Cercei's sh*t by now, and since Varys put her back in power, he's gotta be considering a new king for Marg to marry.

That might be a brilliant move, Victarion, but

a. I don't know that Aegon has the means to move the GC, around to the Reach in time.

b. I doubt he has the inclination-Aegon's no Stannis.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Aegon will threaten to take it, but fail.

In a last-ditch effort to stave off both Aegon and the Tyrells, Cersei will turn to Euron Greyjoy (and possibly marry him)

That strategy Pod, is just hair-brained enough for Cersei to try it. And we all know Euron is delusional...

Also, yeah Shebara, I do wonder if Varys might not fix Margaery's trial, ensuring a guilty verdict, (while even making sure everyone knows how weak the case against her really was-Varys will simply rig the jury,) simply to ensure fighting in the streets between Tyrell's, the Faith, and the Lannister's.

For that matter, Cersei would probably try to rig the trial if she gets a chance.

The Tyrells killed their king in his wedding, I don't see how that's keeping their word.

The QoT poisoned Joffrey, mace wasn't in on it, and he is the one in charge of House Tyrell.

They were the kingmakers and the decisive factor in the Wot5K, so it would make sense from a narrative POV to bring other players into the fold to take their place

I doubt Cersei would allow that, but likely keep Margaery as a hostage to ensure the Tyrells loyalty.

In a last-ditch effort to stave off both Aegon and the Tyrells, Cersei will turn to Euron Greyjoy (and possibly marry him).

I doubt Cersei would offer marriage to Euron given she is not resolved to marry again, and not very flexible, especially regarding the Ironborn as "a sorry pack of squids". Cersei would demand no more than submission to Tommen as king and herself as queen which Euron won't give.

I'm going with Aegon, too. He's near the city, and Varys has the means to see to it that the gates are open for him and the GC.

He'll hold the city, but not for long-even if he's really Rhaegar's son, Dany's on her way, and frankly, Aegon is not a genius commander-or the great prince that Varys thought he'd been preparing the boy to be.

Really Varys is going to be sooooo disappointed there.

After that my best guess is KL will have the IB knocking at their doors, before Dany gets there.

I have not seen where Aegon is a bad commander at all, he made the decision to go west and has taken some castles.

I still don't know how Dany ever gets to westros and nothing she has shown as a commander has really wowed me;

The QoT poisoned Joffrey, mace wasn't in on it, and he is the one in charge of House Tyrell.

I doubt Cersei would allow that, but likely keep Margaery as a hostage to ensure the Tyrells loyalty.

I doubt Cersei would offer marriage to Euron given she is not resolved to marry again, and not very flexible, especially regarding the Ironborn as "a sorry pack of squids". Cersei would demand no more than submission to Tommen as king and herself as queen which Euron won't give.

Euron sent Vactarion to bring back Danerys so that he could wed her, so I don't see him marrying Cersei even if she wanted to (which I also HIGHLY doubt).

I don't think Aegon will take KL, nor will Dany, or any of the other contenders. I think Dany will invade and start te second Dance of Dragons before he can take KL. I think the capture of KL will fall to Jon after deals with the Others.

Tyrion doesn't say that Aegon is skilled at cyvasse, but the opposite, a young man's formation as bold as it is foolish. He risks all the for the quick kill.

How will Euron do that with the Redwyne fleet blocking his path, and Mace's army in KL? Cersei will likely keep an army in KL during this time. I don't think Dorne will have Aegon go for CR, nor will he, given they would have to fight through Lannister territory with strong castles like Crakehall when Aegon could gather more swords in the Reach, and take CR after he has taken KL.

I think he admits Aegon is decent later in the game.

Anyways as you stated there is 2, potentially 3 armies at KL. Varys knows that so Aegon/JonCon should know soon.

Euron doesn't know and probably doesn't care. I think that the other half of the Iron Fleet that got "lost" will reappear to ghost the Redwynes than Euron has undisputed naval control.

I don't know what point you're making about the Westerlands. They are in shambles. Tywin is dead. Their armies are in KL or the Riverlands and are led by buffoons. Fresh Dorne and the GC would steamroll. Attacking CR would put the Lannisters in the same position as Robb when Theon took WF.

I think he admits Aegon is decent later in the game.

Text proof?

I don't know what point you're making about the Westerlands. They are in shambles. Tywin is dead. Their armies are in KL or the Riverlands and are led by buffoons. Fresh Dorne and the GC would steamroll. Attacking CR would put the Lannisters in the same position as Robb when Theon took WF.

The Westerlands still have natural borders, and it is the second most powerful of the 7K. There are still reserves in the Westerlands, and to get to CR they would have to get past Crakehall and other castles ruled by Lannister bannermen. CR can't fall by storm and they likely won't have the time to besiege the castle. Their attentions will be focused on gaining more support in the South, and stealing more Tyrell bannermen.

They can take CR after KL has fallen where Tywin's progeny reside.

Archived