Any Theon fans?

Hypnomagica

I realize he is a massively unpopular character but I think the book version of Theon is actually one of the better characters in the series. Before he was turned into Reek I also think he was something of a badass in his own right.

He was obviously intelligent, a great archer/hunter, according to several sources, including Jon Snow, brave, and a definite under dog.

Certainly he made poor decisions but I'm not sure that most characters would have done much differently.

Very few characters in the series would have chosen the family that fostered them over their own flesh-and-blood so attacking the North was what most would have done.

The capturing of Winterfell was done quite brilliantly and the folly was more based on the fact that he had grown to think like a greenlander and so never considered that his father would not jump at the chance to secure Winterfell.

Sure he has flaws but he was still one of my favorite characters.

GOT Theon is an idiot though.

Always and forever. I even loved him when he was kicking poor Will's head. (What? It rolled at him. What's he supposed to do? Just let that shit stand?)

I will always answer any call for those few but proud Theoners willing to risk ire and wrath to speak up for him. I'm just way too tired to mount the usual defense.

I do enjoy his POVs, but wish there were some somewhat sooner so we could build a more detailed idea of his personality. Most of what we know of him now is from when he went back to the Iron Islands and his Reek times; granted he has changed tons. It would have been interesting to see that transformation a little closer.

Not a massive fan of his he deserved to be tortured by Ramsey for what he did at Winterfell. (maybe not that badly)

Having said that I liked reading his povs in dance and actually nearly felt sorry for him in the end.

For me he needs to kill Ramsey or Roose or sacrefice his life to save someone ie jon snow or asha for him to come full circle and be forgiven.

Theon Greyjoy is and absolute favorite of mine, and his chapters in ADWD are some of the best in the series. Insanely complex character. That said he is kind of a dislikable shit personality wise (though not nearly as horrible as many others in the series), though the torture has mellowed him out.

Archived