Any Theon fans?

Hypnomagica

I am the self proclaimed President of the Theon fanboi fan club. He is an amazingly written character and Alfie Allen is a great actor. I actually don't mind the changes they have made in the show, some for the good, some not so good. I could write about him for hours.

In the sense of wanting all of Theon's dreams to come true and living in happiness or be a hero? Of course not, but that's not really the point of his character. Do I have sympathy for him, yes. Can I forgive him and have hope, he redeems himself; for his own self gratificaton...of course. Theon, is the perfect example of a tragic character. His chapters, IMO are tied for the best with Jamie's in the entire series and no one else is close to them.

I don't know if I'd call him one of my favorite characters, but I'm definitely a fan of Theon. He's a very tragic character, and I have a soft spot for tragic characters. He's done some terrible things, yes, but for—from his perspective—the right reasons. He looks like a villain to the supposed heroes, but those supposed heroes were, for a time, the villains in Theon's eyes. Ned Stark attacked his home, defeated his father, and took him hostage for the purpose of murdering him should his father step out of line again. If this was a story about Theon, told from Theon's perspective, the Starks would have unquestioningly been the villains. It's all about perspective, and I think a lot of Theon haters forget that.

I love Theon, he's kind of like a more well-written version of Jaime. They both do something very bad towards the Stark family, then get physically disfigured before going on a journey of redemption. But Theon's journey involves being completely stripped of his identity and then rebuilt, whereas Jaime's journey involves being nice to Brienne and realising Cersei's a bitch (but not going to look after his children).

I love Theon, he's kind of like a more well-written version of Jaime. They both do something very bad towards the Stark family, then get physically disfigured before going on a journey of redemption. But Theon's journey involves being completely stripped of his identity and then rebuilt, whereas Jaime's journey involves being nice to Brienne and realising Cersei's a bitch (but not going to look after his children).

But Jaime is not having a redemption arc. His arc is an identity one. As for the topic of this thread. I definitely like Theon. While his actions were deadly wrong I do understand why he did it considering his upbringing, lack of identity and insecurities and the torture he went through pains me so much. In conclusion he is a highly flawed character that definitely deserves to be in GRRM top five best written characters.

i really like him. i kind of understand why he did what he did and he has more than repented. his chapters are usually really interesting too.

show theon is good too. i dont even mind the torture stuff. its better than him being absent for 2 seasons. plus, he gave one of the best battle speeches i've ever heard, though, there was no battle :(

He is one of those guys you love as a character, but hate as a person. Which is scary, because he's so relatable, in a way... there is a Theon in all of us, I think. His whole story is strong, and his ADWD are absolutely amazing, and easily make the top three (if not first place) of the best written characters in the series.

Archived