Jon killed Ygritte: arrow fletching means nothing

theREALjonsnow

well she always says you stole me... then the question the reader must ask himself is from who? two people killed as senteries and it seems the hawk has a special vendetta against jon besides just killing him, is it possible he stole his women?

"One was asleep, curled up tight and buried beneath a great mound of skins. Jon could see nothing of him but his hair, bright red in the firelight. The second sat close to the flames, feeding them twigs and branches and complaining of the wind in a querulous tone. The third watched the pass, though there was little to see, only a vast bowl of darkness ringed by the snowy shoulders of the mountains. It was the watcher who wore the horn.

Three. For a moment Jon was uncertain. There was only supposed to be two. One was asleep, though. And whether there was two or three or twenty, he still must do what he had come to do."

There were three of them. As far as stealing goes, Val and Tormund often talk about Jon stealing Val as well. It's the way they talk about taking a woman captive. If a man succeeds in "stealing" a woman, it shows that he is resourceful and strong. It leads to a wildling marriage of sorts. The term doesn't mean that the woman was actually stolen from a husband. Val makes sure that Jon didn't kill Jarl but still Tormund says that Jon stole her.

well arya does rides the titans bastard gives them her token say the word, and gets on her waying to becoming a member of FM in braavos...

ship names are clues to what is going on in the text for sure...

What does the titans bastard have to do with the FM? We knew that she was going to join up with the FM, we didn't need a clue...

dude jon has a white direwolf white red eyes... he is cursed that is what all this evil name business and killing ygritte suggests...

I felt like the albino direwolf hinted at how Jon was separate from the rest of the pack. It seems connected with the Old Gods if anything, since the weirwoods have white bark and red leaves/faces. I never saw any indication that Ghost was evil or a symbol of something evil.

• " The Dragon Prince sang a song so sad it made the wolf maid sniffle, but when her pup brother teased her for crying she poured wine over his head. And a Black Brother spoke asking knights to join the Night’s Watch." COK Bran 24

Yes we have confirmation that it was the Song o' the Winter Rose that made the wolf maid sniffle but the next sentence is commonly overlooked.

I must have overlooked this. Where is it confirmed?

Eddard Stark would want to sit Jon Targaryen on the Iron Throne as the rightful heir to the Seven Kingdoms as revenge for what took place but Lyanna tells him no. Jon Snow has a more important future than a petty revenge. His revenge is the cold that comes from the Lands of Always Winter... The Song o' the Winter Rose.

also I think Ned remembering that she loved the smell of winter roses is important. In my opinion it implies she did not know previously know the Song o' The Winter Rose...

Why does Ned want revenge? He rose up in Rebellion against the Targaryens along with Robert. I could see Ned wanting to hide Jon's parentage from everyone since his king and close friend is on a baby Targaryen killing streak and this baby is his sister's son. It would also explain the "promise me" because Lyanna would understand the danger that her son was in and wants Ned to forsake his honorable reputation to protect her son. I feel like they were in agreement that there was no way Jon could be king. The discussion would have been over his identity most likely. Jon Targaryen, Jon Stark, or Jon Snow. I don't know who Jon or Ned is supposed to be taking revenge on. Robert for killing his father/sister's lover/husband? But he only did it to win back Jon's mother and after the Mad King called for his head and Ned's and killed the two other Starks, etc. Rhaegar for "kidnapping" his mother? Well, Rhaegar is dead and I don't think he actually kidnapped her. So…who do they want to take revenge on and why?

What does the titans bastard have to do with the FM? We knew that she was going to join up with the FM, we didn't need a clue...

I felt like the albino direwolf hinted at how Jon was separate from the rest of the pack. It seems connected with the Old Gods if anything, since the weirwoods have white bark and red leaves/faces. I never saw any indication that Ghost was evil or a symbol of something evil.

I must have overlooked this. Where is it confirmed?

man i can't come over to your house and read the books and give detailed descriptions of what is valid...

try to make leaps based on the text like what song would have made this tough arya like girl cry? she gets the crown of love and beauty and it is a winter rose like bael the bard who plucked the winter rose of winterfell (fucked the maiden daughter and got her preggers same as rhaegar does with this maid)

so this is the song he sung...

if you are speaking about the night's watch brother being mance it is confirmed by the use of magic red silk from asshai to win the jousting tournament through magick

Then why do you post here? People generally make assertions and then support them. You haven't done that. I have been going though your essay of a post and asking questions about your assertions. Your statements have been either wrong (Summer has green eyes, there are two wildlings on guard) or you haven't been willing to actually answer my questions and have acted as though I am unable to interpret the books (while I am the one who has offered strong textual evidence to support my arguments). If you want to discuss something on a forum, be willing to have people argue with you. Don't dismiss them when they prove you incorrect.

man i can't come over to your house and read the books and give detailed descriptions of what is valid...

This is an incredibly condescending thing to say to someone. It implies that I need you to help me understand. I don't need your help understanding the books, but I need you help understanding this web you have woven. If you don't like that your ideas have been proven wrong, then come up with new ones and present those and leave these alone. Your treatment of other members of this forum has been atrocious and has been pointed out by several members. Please start treating others with respect.

Then why do you post here? People generally make assertions and then support them. You haven't done that. I have been going though your essay of a post and asking questions about your assertions. Your statements have been either wrong (Summer has green eyes, there are two wildlings on guard) or you haven't been willing to actually answer my questions and have acted as though I am unable to interpret the books (while I am the one who has offered strong textual evidence to support my arguments). If you want to discuss something on a forum, be willing to have people argue with you. Don't dismiss them when they prove you incorrect.

dude you just want to show me up.

i was nice at first but you started throwing 100 questions at me an hour...

i believe i said in the quote about the eyes was a response to somebody else and i said that the starks are somehow related to the cotf and their eye colors but i hadn't figured it out yet.

whoops in one of many very long quotes i mispoke about a wolf's eye color.

also if there was an extra un named wildling on the face of the cliff so what? what does that have to do with disproving my theories?

This is an incredibly condescending thing to say to someone. It implies that I need you to help me understand. I don't need your help understanding the books, but I need you help understanding this web you have woven. If you don't like that your ideas have been proven wrong, then come up with new ones and present those and leave these alone. Your treatment of other members of this forum has been atrocious and has been pointed out by several members. Please start treating others with respect.

wasn't my intent.

arya being put on titans bastard which is same ship littlefinger used to pick up sansa and his own connection to braavos is the hint in that ships name....

I don't just want to show you up, but I do disagree with your post. I am showing you the flaws I see in it. Also, Arya was aboard the Titan's Bastard while Sansa was on the Merling King. A ship can just be a ship.

Edit: So you insulted me based on incorrect information.

It's like gammaerys said, I don't know why we bother to keep trying with this guy. He doesn't understand the concept that he can be wrong and instead of addressing arguments head on he acts condescending like we just can't comprehend what we're reading. I don't know if the guy is a troll or just plain stupid. You can't just make things up that aren't alluded to in the text and filled with inaccuracies and pass them off as confirmed and verified plot points. Well, I guess you can, but that just makes you look ignorant.

I don't just want to show you up, but I do disagree with your post. I am showing you the flaws I see in it. Also, Arya was aboard the Titan's Bastard while Sansa was on the Merling King. A ship can just be a ship.

He likes to only pay attention to his own line, too. According to him Ygritte got pregnant because she had sex with Jon (not supported by anything in book), but Catelyn didn't get pregnant when she had sex with Ned, even though she desperately wanted it.

the titans daughter is a ship littefinger owns that arya gets on to go to braavos...

the titans bastard was the old sigil of bailesh grandfather that he changes to mocking bird to blend in...

like i said you just want to catch me misquoting the books to say i am wrong about everything else i say...

It's like gammaerys said, I don't know why we bother to keep trying with this guy. He doesn't understand the concept that he can be wrong and instead of addressing arguments head on he acts condescending like we just can't comprehend what we're reading. I don't know if the guy is a troll or just plain stupid. You can't just make things up that aren't alluded to in the text and filled with inaccuracies and pass them off as confirmed and verified plot points. Well, I guess you can, but that just makes you look ignorant.

haha you are the troll on my thread go somewhere else if you don't like reading what i have to say...

you look ignorant by constantly visiting this thread and repeating yourself...

i created a thread to argue 3 basic points

1. jon killed ygritte

2. nagga's ribs are a weirwood grove that belonged to a COTF and the ironborn killed her...

3. the Song o' the Winter Rose is the song of Young Lord Stark the cursed kinslayer/kingslayer. this is why Jon Snow is given his name by his mother. Ygritte thinks its evil but falls in love all the same

when all of these are proven to be true in book 6 i hope you come back and apologize...

the titans daughter is a ship littefinger owns that arya gets on to go to braavos...

the titans bastard was the old sigil of bailesh grandfather that he changes to mocking bird to blend in...

like i said you just want to catch me misquoting the books to say i am wrong about everything else i say...

Actually the Titan's Bastard was the nickname of Mero, one of the captains of the Second Sons. The original Baelish sigil was the stone head of the Titan. The Titan's Daughter was a ship out of Braavos where the Titan is to be found but there is no mention of it being owned by Littlefinger.

The name was of little consequence in my post since I was pointing out that they were different ships, not saying they are the same. Sorry I had the wrong possession of the Titan, but it still proves that your connection between the ship and the girls was incorrect. Which then goes back to your connection between Bloodraven and the Golden Dragon and Blackbird which you used this incorrect information to support. Therefore, you are once again without textual support for the significance of the ships names.

Archived