EW Reveals Season 4 Posters

Westeros

I have a feeling they are really under representing Stannis because

they want his arrival late in the season to be a HOLY SHIT fist pump moment that the casual viewer will be lulled into not having seen coming

It's probably also because Stannis has almost nothing to do this season until episode nine. He's basically treading water until then.

I think it's also safe to assume Stannis will have a much greater role next year just as he does in the books.

^There wasn't a Stannis poster last year either or a Theon one if I remember correctly. There was a Bran poster last year and yet Theon got more screentime. How it is marketed reflects only HBO's marketing team not the show's creative team. We know from Carice van Houten that team Dragonstone will have less screentime this year (though I would assume still more than season 2 Jaime). Still, there's no reason to believe that they will change the big Stannis moments this season.

^There wasn't a Stannis poster last year either or a Theon one if I remember correctly. There was a Bran poster last year and yet Theon got more screentime. How it is marketed reflects only HBO's marketing team not the show's creative team. We know from Carice van Houten that team Dragonstone will have less screentime this year (though I would assume still more than season 2 Jaime). Still, there's no reason to believe that they will change the big Stannis moments this season.

We all know how shitty last season was for both of them. I don't want more screentime for Stannis, it should be in accordance with books. I wouldn't have mind if Stan appeared in 3 episodes last season since well he doesn't do much in the first part. I also wasn't disappointed when i read that Stephen Dillaine interview where he said Stannis won't appear much. All i want to see is a Stannis poster like those other get one. Is it really hard for them to do that? Even Tormund gets one. If not Stannis i'll settle for Davos or Melisandre.

Dragonstone shall not go unrepresented.

Well I've already said Stan the Man that I didn't think Stannis's arc/storyline was shitty last year. It made the unsullied like Ser Davos and introduced Stan's family well. Also the Gendry tie-in raised the stakes of the sacrificing subplot which otherwise unsullied may not have given a shit about.

As for Theon, his scenes in eps. 3, 4 and 10 were good by me. Between 4 and 10, the torture could have been done better but in Theon's own words "what's done is done". (Just to show him missing fingers without witnessing the cutting for instance, I think would have been more effective and also shortening the fake seduction scene. I do think it was necessary to include him last season rather than leaving him out and risking contractual problems with Alfie. They should maybe have just done more of a"Jaime in season 2" with him.)

Well I've already said Stan the Man that I didn't think Stannis's arc/storyline was shitty last year. It made the unsullied like Ser Davos and introduced Stan's family well. Also the Gendry tie-in raised the stakes of the sacrificing subplot which otherwise unsullied may not have given a shit about.

And made Stannis pathetic with that episode 3 booty call scene and episode 10 listening to Mel over Davos pissed me off the most.

As for Theon, his scenes in eps. 3, 4 and 10 were good by me. Between 4 and 10, the torture could have been done better but in Theon's own words "what's done is done". (Just to show him missing fingers without witnessing the cutting for instance, I think would have been more effective and also shortening the fake seduction scene. I do think it was necessary to include him last season rather than leaving him out and risking contractual problems with Alfie. They should maybe have just done more of a"Jaime in season 2" with him.)

I didn't like it all. Theon had a shitty arc.

It makes sense not having Theon and Stannis is season 3 posters. They are going to tease for tortured theon and religious nutjob Stannis.

But this is Stan's moment.

THE KING WHO CARED.

Archived