The source of all Sansa-hate

Why does every Sansa thread become a 20+ page back and forth between fans and haters? It's getting really old. Should we start having separate threads? <_< (I'm kidding about that last part.)

Boardology... You maybe not know the term, but search for it and you will find the truth

Your idea of "those who use logic and reason" ends up referring that there are two ways to read Sansa's chapters: the PtP way and the wrong way. And that's not the case. Have you ever wondered by the ages long thread dedicated to Sansa (PtP) doesn't get this kind of discussions? And why it's just a bunch of people who share a similar view of a particular people writing lengthy posts which don't really contradict each other? Mayhaps other people, interested in the character, somehow feel disencouraged to bring a different set of opinions to that particul

Not in this case. This case was all about generalization of all who says anything good about Sansa as "crazy Sansa fans". This has nothing to do with PTP. And as I have always said, that discussion belongs to the thread you want to talk about - in this case, PTP. Simply, the generalization of the different type of posters like butterbumps and me, who have different POV on Sansa, different reasoning and different approach in analyzing Sansa is counterproductive for a good debate.

You make my point for me.

She doens't have to never open her mouth, ever, or ever do anything at all, ever, to be generally passive, to be someone who is overwhelming acted upon, who drifts along wherever events take her. But the fact that she has ever at any time done something is used to somehow refute 5 books worth of passive behavior and a passive mentality which we have from her own POV is exactly why the discussion about Sansa is ultimately fruitless and always the same way, with the non Sansa fan told they don't even understand their own viewpoint.

Well, I actually appealed to a breakdown in your logic rather than a failure to understand your own view.

In the last debate we had, you actually acknowledged that it's a condition of Sansa's circumstance that prevents her from outward manifestations of rebellion and action. Despite locating the source of Sansa's inability to perform outward action, you still insist on calling her, personally, "passive." As in, you insist on making "passivity" an inherent trait of Sansa's rather than correctly addressing the source of her lack of over action (the condition of captivity). And even then we do get signs of outward rebellion at times (not kneeling initially, slapping LF, taking over at Blackwater). Your definition of "passive" apparently doesn't include her very non-passive thoughts for some reason. So ok, I'll roll with "passive" = lack of outward action for now.

But you don't run through the model of this in a way that comes close to being honest. For example, when she's not being held a captive, she does, in fact, perform a very considerable exertion of agency. If the captivity is what's imposing the restriction, and when no such condition exists she does exhibit outward rebellion, why does the lack of overt action get transferred to Sansa personally? This is what I mean by a more reflective approach.

Archived