Does anyone else think Gerion Lannister might still be alive?

Tiggy4Real

Yeah, there's definitely a possibility. I happen to think he's dead.

There's a theory I like around here that Euron Greyjoy killed him and stole his stuff, including the dragon egg and the magic horn/

Meh, I wanted Gerion to find his family's Valyrian sword.

GRRM has created many people who could bear some significance, but are currently missing.

Gerion Lannister, Tyrek Lannister, Benjen Stark, Howland Reed, prior to AFfC: Euron and many more.

Those are characters he could bring out, when he feels like it.

Man, I hope Uncle Gerry makes an appearance. Mayhaps he'll pop back with Brightroar (likely named by a 7-year-old).

You mean like almost all swords or castles?

Yeah, there's definitely a possibility. I happen to think he's dead.

There's a theory I like around here that Euron Greyjoy killed him and stole his stuff, including the dragon egg and the magic horn/

I was actually contemplating something similar right before I read your post with the addition that knowing Eurons sick mind that he may have also nailed him to the prow of his ship as a figurehead or used him to test the horn out to see what happened

Im hoping hes the corsair king we have heard about a couple times.

I've seen theories that he's the Tattered Prince as well. Either of those could be pretty cool, because he'd be in a position to make a game changing difference. And as long as it's done correctly, I don't think it would be stretching the realm of possibilities or be cliché.

I'd personally like to see Gerion and Benjen return, Tyrek as well cuz he's just a kid.

GRRM has created many people who could bear some significance, but are currently missing.

Gerion Lannister, Tyrek Lannister, Benjen Stark, Howland Reed, prior to AFfC: Euron and many more.

Howland Reed was never missing, he just didn't show up yet. There's a difference.

Gerion could still be alive and yet not appear. He doesn't have to have any role in the story.

Or he could be dead, and we'd never find out.

This could also be the case for Benjen. I think people should stop assuming we'll see him again just because he's related to the main characters.

He's lost in the vast land beyond the Wall and there's no particular reason as to why he must have survived.

If he's is dead, the odds of coming across his dead body are astronomical.

I've seen theories that he's the Tattered Prince as well. Either of those could be pretty cool, because he'd be in a position to make a game changing difference. And as long as it's done correctly, I don't think it would be stretching the realm of possibilities or be cliché.

I'd personally like to see Gerion and Benjen return, Tyrek as well cuz he's just a kid.

The tattered prince has a confirmed backstory going back 30 years. He founded the Windblown in 270 and Gerion went missing in 292. Given that Tyrion has distinct memories of Gerion and the Windblown never wonder where their captain was for years on end, I'd guess they aren't the same people.

The tattered prince has a confirmed backstory going back 30 years. He founded the Windblown in 270 and Gerion went missing in 292. Given that Tyrion has distinct memories of Gerion and the Windblown never wonder where their captain was for years on end, I'd guess they aren't the same people.

Maybe The Tattered Price is like Dread Pirate Roberts?

I don't really think so, I'm just making trouble.

I don't think "dead" people coming back to life is overused at this point. I mean, there's JonCon and fAegon, and...?

Archived