TWOP/PTV Unsullied Thread, Part VII: [Book & Show Spoilers]

Independent George

Oh, I didn't mean it in any relation to an escape plot, not at all. Just meant that when an obscure character from way-back-when suddenly shows up again, hands her a necklace and then fades out of the episode, I thought they'd be 'wait, what was that about? Why did The Show include that scene, what's it trying to tell us, or hint to us.' Nothing about an escape plan, of course, just a 'wait, what was that about.'

well they have discussed it alot ....but they assume the importance of that scene is to cheer Sansa up, let her know she is not alone and that she affected the world for the better, that she has some small power and some people who care about her.

well they have discussed it alot ....but they assume the importance of that scene is to cheer Sansa up, let her know she is not alone and that she affected the world for the better, that she has some small power and some people who care about her.

Ha! Hahahaha!....No.

Funny, you'd think after three years of this show they'd know better by now.

It's pretty hilarious how all those people are convinced that Drogon's snapping at Dany is just normal animal behaviour and that it doesn't foreshadow Dany's future trouble with dragons. One of them even said that Jorah expressed concern about Dany's control over dragons just because he's bitter that she isn't banging him and he wants to convince her that she isn't close to her "children".

A couple of them are suggesting that he's jealous of her dragons and is purposely trying to drive a wedge between Dany and her "children" as part of his efforts to drive alphas away from her. Um... he has a list of things he's jealous of but dragons aren't among them.

A couple of them are suggesting that he's jealous of her dragons and is purposely trying to drive a wedge between Dany and her "children" as part of his efforts to drive alphas away from her. Um... he has a list of things he's jealous of but dragons aren't among them.

Don't let the Dany lovers hear you suggest that she's doing something wrong. They might pretend to be a dragon at you or something

They are worse than the Stannis superfans, imo.

You guys got me hooked on these Unsullied threads. The discussion of Dany's dragons is really nonsensical and emotional though. What is the more logical scenario:

A) Jorah has knowledge about the nature of dragons and is sharing that knowledge to help advise his queen. Obviously he has already proven on the show that he has superior knowledge of Westerosi culture, history, etc and has given Dany logical advice on multiple occasions.

b] Jorah is friendzoned and jealous of the dragons so he's trying to create a wedge between Dany and her dragons for his benefit. I'm not sure how this could even make sense yet it seems to be the common perception on PTV.

I enjoy reading the wacky theories but this stuff just makes me roll my eyes. I don't know why there are so many Dany lovers among the Unsullied when her portrayal on the show is boring and unlikable, but I guess that's just my opinion. These Unsullied evidently aren't that methodical when it comes to analyzing the show. Those 2 guys on youtube who discuss the show probe much deeper into the mysteries and ambiguities of the show.

It's frustrating not being able to steer the forums in the right direction! Open your eyes Unsullied and be critical! GRRM will pull you like a string puppet if you only look at the surface.

No they're methodical. But they're too methodical, taking one line of Jorah's in Season 1 that he doesnt believe in dragons today, to mean he has zero knowledge of dragons.

Also it helps that they beleive Dany really is a magical creature, rather than a really lucky person. They havent read the Princess and the Queen after all.

Edit"

additionally. they have zero experience with a show that is about to pull its greatest trick. Put is its Hero (Dany) in a villainous position.

No they're methodical. But they're too methodical, taking one line of Jorah's in Season 1 that he doesnt believe in dragons today, to mean he has zero knowledge of dragons.

Also it helps that they beleive Dany really is a magical creature, rather than a really lucky person. They havent read the Princess and the Queen after all.

Edit"

additionally. they have zero experience with a show that is about to pull its greatest trick. Put is its Hero (Dany) in a villainous position.

There are a lot of book readers who still argue against those 2 points you mentioned, jut take a look at any Dany thread and you'll see how many readers (and old members of this forum) believe she is the messiah or something, and she can't do no wrong. Hell there's people who claim what she did to Astapor was right :uhoh:

There are a lot of book readers who still argue against those 2 points you mentioned, jut take a look at any Dany thread and you'll see how many readers (and old members of this forum) believe she is the messiah or something, and she can't do no wrong. Hell there's people who claim what she did to Astapor was right :uhoh:

One of the neogaf Daenerys haters pointed out that there were issues with what happened in Astapor and the Daenerys fanboys did not have any legitimate response to it. It was pretty funny to watch.

Edit"

Yeah good point. I guess I meant methodical more in terms of thought than in practice. Methodically analyzing every word in the show won't get you very far, but thinking from multiple perspectives or angles of analysis can give new insights. The former works better for the books than the shows. I'm sure they do both though and I just haven't seen it yet cause it's still early in the season. After tonight that will change.

Yeah I always take that for granted about Dany. When I watched the first season I hadn't finished the 1st book yet so I too thought Dany had some kind of special powers. Now obviously I know GRRM himself confirmed the unburnt scene was a one-off event.

ok call me disappointed that so many of the unsullied seem to have latched on to Cersei as the likely assassin. Though some modify it by having Margery be the intended target with Joffrey getting in the way.

Early days yet, early days. It usually takes them til Thurs/Fri to watch and rewatch and rewatch, and then begin to analyze everything they didn't see on the first go-round. Early days.

WELP I've just realized that they keep having Shae get on Tyrion's back for being intimidated by his father and Cersei...to make it even clearer that her turn is bs. She keeps going on and on about how she's not afraid of them but in the books she tries to claim that they forced her into lying or something. AWWWWWW YEAH

Archived