Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

^ It's possible, but I don't know... Detailing that Lysa killed Jon Arryn gives that important revelation time to breath, which it wouldn't necessarily have had in the finale, so I can understand moving that bit of information up.

But, in terms of the story line in the Vale, we've still got a few new characters that need to be introduced there. We know that Lady Waynwood has been cast, as well as Lord "Bronze" Yohn Royce, so I'm expecting that episode seven will see those two introduced, and the politics of the Vale will be expounded upon (including some attention paid to Alayne). Sending Lysa on her flight might also happen in Mockingbird, but I still think it's going to happen in the finale.

I think the two possible configurations of the Vale story at this point:

Scenario 1:

Episode 7 - snow castle & "Only Cat"

[Episode 8? - I'm really not sure the show can or would drop such a huge cliffhanger right before a week's break, then ignore it completely for two episodes; when a storyline sits out an episode, it generally arrived at a resolution point in the prior episode. Episode 8 will be a packed episode either way, but if they went with that version I think there'd need to be something here, even if just a brief Sansa/Littlefinger conversation]

Episode 10 - Lords Declarant show up, material that is some combination of AFFC Sansa I & Alayne I.

Scenario 2:

Episode 7 - Royce, Waynwood et al. show up to demand that Lysa intervene to save Riverrun (which would be a good way for the show to have some exposition about where things stand with Ser Brynden and co., which hasn't been mentioned at all so far this season), and also to make clear they think Littlefinger is a schmuck. Since they seem to be pacing out the reveals pertaining to Lysa, she could also potentially tell Sansa about her forced abortion here.

Episode 10 - Snow castle & "Only Cat".

Stan the Man, it was posted on wicnet on the "pictures from game of thrones season 4 episode six the laws of gods and men" page. The commenter is named Andrew and his post is about two-thirds down the page. I'd paste it myself but I can't for some reason on AFOIAF.

I think the two possible configurations of the Vale story at this point:

Scenario 1:

Episode 7 - snow castle & "Only Cat"

[Episode 8? - I'm really not sure the show can or would drop such a huge cliffhanger right before a week's break, then ignore it completely for two episodes; when a storyline sits out an episode, it generally arrived at a resolution point in the prior episode. Episode 8 will be a packed episode either way, but if they went with that version I think there'd need to be something here, even if just a brief Sansa/Littlefinger conversation]

Episode 10 - Lords Declarant show up, material that is some combination of AFFC Sansa I & Alayne I.

Scenario 2:

Episode 7 - Royce, Waynwood et al. show up to demand that Lysa intervene to save Riverrun (which would be a good way for the show to have some exposition about where things stand with Ser Brynden and co., which hasn't been mentioned at all so far this season), and also to make clear they think Littlefinger is a schmuck. Since they seem to be pacing out the reveals pertaining to Lysa, she could also potentially tell Sansa about her forced abortion here.

Episode 10 - Snow castle & "Only Cat".

I really enjoyed how the last episode showed how unhinged Lysa was and how it scared Sanse, conflicting her even more. It would be a shame if 'only Cat' came in episode 7, I could do with more of Lysa and Sweet Robin.

I think realistically Lysa needs to be there when the other Lords and Ladies of the Vale arrive, otherwise it will be even more suspect that Littlefinger has turned up and Lysa is dead. If they see Lysa alive and 'happy' with LF before she dies it will be easier for LF to pass the blame onto someone else. I think they also need an episode to introduce a minor character who will take the fall for LF (pun intended!)

^Also the attack on Mole's Town. There is a TV guide summary for episode eight which teases "visitors" to Mole's Town and a verdict being decided for Tyrion, meaning the trial by combat.

Yeah, I read the synopsis to, but had forgotten. Thanks for reminding.

Oh yeah a recap with a part of his scene in 1x09 where he tells the story would be good. I think it's important non book readers remember what Tywin had done to her, just showing, for example, the clip of angry Tyrion saying 'I was wed!' wouldn't be enough.

Right....they'd probably think he was talking about Sansa hehe :D

While I agree on the battle is E09, I would hope for Tyrion's escape following the trial by combat in E08 (Title pretty clear). That includes the retirement of other actors too.

For the E10 I would expect some more light hearted stuff. Green-seeing beyond the wall, maybe some happy dragons in Essos. Maybe we get Coldhand (more likely not)? Oh, Varys disposing of Kevan and Pyrcell for E10 too! And of course happy Arya ariving in Essos too! Will they wait with a Lady Coldheart apperance until E10? Would ber a nice shocking event.

I think realistically Lysa needs to be there when the other Lords and Ladies of the Vale arrive, otherwise it will be even more suspect that Littlefinger has turned up and Lysa is dead. If they see Lysa alive and 'happy' with LF before she dies it will be easier for LF to pass the blame onto someone else. I think they also need an episode to introduce a minor character who will take the fall for LF (pun intended!)

Agreed. I always found it kind of weird that we only got to see the Lords of the Vale so late. Ep. 4.06 should give them a chance to show us that the Eyrie is just as much of a snakes nest as KL and that nobody other than Lysa thinks it was a good idea for her to marry Petyr. It might also give us a glorious "why was I not invited" moment a la Disney's Sleeping Beauty ;)

I must say, looking at the projections we've been making for storylines based on spoilers, etc., the show's SAG cast nomination may be substantially reduced for this season, which is kind of sad considering I think they have a strong chance to win with Breaking Bad out of the way and the other buzzed-about TV dramas fading back a bit (I'm not sure if True Detective would be a force in the ensemble category).

You need to be in six episodes to get a nomination, and almost nobody outside of King's Landing and Essos seems likely to have that this year. Dillane, Cunningham and Van Houten have two of the first five episodes, and would need four of the remaining five (they'll get three, we know). Isaac Hempstead-Wright and co. may only be in one more episode, based on a cast interview; they'd need three more. Sophie Turner will get seven episodes at least, but Aiden Gillen may only have five. Maisie Williams should be okay, but Rory McCann would need three more episodes, and will likely only get two.

In the Night's Watch story that will dominate this episode, Kit Harrington and John Bradley are pretty much set already, but it's pretty much impossible that Rose Leslie, Hannah Murray and Kristofer Hivju, who were all nominated for last season, are going to get six (having 1-2 appearances so far).

I never knew of six ep requirement before. I hate SAG regulations, great actors constantly get snubbed because of their ridiculous rules.

I don't think it's at all ridiculous set to a minimum requirement for inclusion in the cast list of a TV show. I thought previously it was half the episodes, but it appears based on last year's nominations that it's 60% or so, given that Dillane (who had five episodes) wasn't nominated then (among others in the cast). Game of Thrones' cast is quite unusual for TV; you wouldn't normally be talking about people appearing in only 40% of the show (or less) as major characters.

The rules for movie casts (based on accreditation), are definitely dumb, though.

^This. She brought the house down with that performance, even if they didn't give her much to do until then in s3. The fact that Emilia was nominated over her (nothing against Dany, but come on!) is telling.

Of what?

Archived