Most Stupidest/Ridiculous names in the series

Dickon Manwoody (+ anything similar), Alayaya (sounds like riding a horse... though given the context it may seem fitting), Drogon (it fits the story well, but I'd prefer a better name for the dragon ridden by my favourite character), some ghiscari names, Lollys, Onion Knight, Damphair.

I like the title, by the way.

I'll second that. Anyone who has a name that sounds like a bodily function is in for a rough life. Maybe he got beat up the playground one too many times...?

Euron and Aenys sort of remind me of those jokes about poor people trying to make up "high class" names and failing. Fits the Freys at least too who are the trailer trash of Westeros...

It's pretty immature but funny all the same :)

I always see Hizdahr zo Loraq hated on when this topic comes up, but I love that name...

Anyway, the dumbest names I can think of are Damphair and Shitmouth. Oh and Stannis always gets a mention but only because it's close to my own name and I hate it. :)

Jhogo and Jhaqo (took me some time to realise they are two different Dothraki guys . And if the names are pronounced as I think, they do not sound badass at all. And Jhiqui is a weird name.

Also, yes, Alayayayaya

In my country, Azor is quite common name for a dog. Here Azor does not have a lightbringer, but a stick and a bowl.

Euron and Aenys sort of remind me of those jokes about poor people trying to make up "high class" names and failing. Fits the Freys at least too who are the trailer trash of Westeros...

It's pretty immature but funny all the same :)

For some reason this made me laugh uncontrollably on the sofa. Hahahaha! It must have been the realising what Aenys read out loud sounds like. DOH! :-D

Reznak Mo Reznak just cracks me up every time.Not so much for it being a stupid name, just, like, really? One Reznak ain't enough, he needs Mo Reznak.

And of course, who could forget Hotpie lol

He rolls with double Reznak Power.

You know what they say, two Reznaks are better than one.

Archived