Acrophobia Leftovers!

Rill Redthorn

I seem to be an all or nothing kind of player as a general rule. There are times I wish I had a consistent supply of votes like you get.

I'm delighted you're playing though. I seem to recall a few decent placed votes from you :cheers:

The fact that Ser Not Appearing gives me a vote most of the time helps with my consistency. I'm happy to entertain him.

"May brethren walk concealed" is very strong. It speaks to both the fraternity of crannogmen and to their ability to disappear into the bog.

I agree!

Magic before weapons. "Croak."

I think this is fabulous! I played with the word Magic and could not work anything out. The other word I played with was Masters, but I couldn't get it to work.

As I said in the thread, at the very last moment I almost changed my entry to More beer, Winter's coming! I don't think it would have drawn the praise that Mud buries got, though. :)

I finished second without ever winning a round. I think if I'd stuck with my answer about capybara's in the first round I could have won.

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

There, there! I've never finished that high. I think my best was third place and that was in a game where I won a round.

I'd be interested to do the math, but it seems I get quite a few second and third place votes but not as many firsts. The ratio strikes me as pretty low.

It seems I've found a rhythm for penning things that people like, just... not... quite... enough to matter.

I wouldn't say that. Out of 15-16 entries we only get to pick three. Yours keep making the cut.

Bump!

My Acrophobia 9 round 1 leftovers:

Journeying ubiquitously. Probing every burgher, searching...

Judiciary undermined! Perpetuated enmity belies satisfaction.

Jaundice understandable. Punishment evened by slaying?

Justice! Unquestionable payback, even bigwigs succumb.

I liked the top one and the bottom one but I'm pretty sure I ultimately picked the right one. I don't even really remember what the 2nd one was supposed to mean :dunno:

I like your top one best, DG.

Here are mine:

Justice--unfeeling parent exterminated. Back soon?

Jewels unnecessary. Peaceful evanescent beauty suffices.

Jolted. Undone. Pledged. Eternally bewitched, surely.

Jinxed! Unfair parent evidently begrudges sex.

Just us, Pookie! Ever baby's Snookums.

Jaded underserving pustule ever begs. Sorry.

Judgement undeserved. Poor evanescent beauty scorned!

Jumping unless pretty ex bemoans separation.

Juvenile understanding persuaded easily by sonofabitch.

The top four were my most serious contenders. I also really liked the "poor evanescent beauty" one.

Serious goof. Made two promises.

*Serious gains made translating prophecy!

Some girls make terrible princesses.

Southern girl makes terrible princess.

So, grandpa made the problems?

Say 'gain? Make two princes?????

Sad. Getting moody. Take potions?

Some Ghost made terrifying prophecy.

Stunning, gutsy maiden--talking perfection!

So, after a grand total of zero votes (I'm definitely an all-or-nothing kind of guy in Acrophobia), please inform me which of these leftovers I should have gone with instead:

Am I gonna keep Darkstar's head?

Arianne is generating "kill Darkstar hunt!"

Areo is gonna kill Darkstart! Hooray!

Affianced is genial + kind. Dorne's heliotropic!

Acute intrigues gather, kicking Dornish heels.

Arianne is getting Kingsguard dope horny!

Approve? I get knockout Dornish hotness!

I'm strongly regretting not picking one of the last 2, though despite coming up with a fair few options I don't think I was firing on all cylinders this past round.

So, after a grand total of zero votes (I'm definitely an all-or-nothing kind of guy in Acrophobia), please inform me which of these leftovers I should have gone with instead:

Am I gonna keep Darkstar's head?

Arianne is generating "kill Darkstar hunt!"

Areo is gonna kill Darkstart! Hooray!

Affianced is genial + kind. Dorne's heliotropic!

Acute intrigues gather, kicking Dornish heels.

Arianne is getting Kingsguard dope horny!

Approve? I get knockout Dornish hotness!

I'm strongly regretting not picking one of the last 2, though despite coming up with a fair few options I don't think I was firing on all cylinders this past round.

I'm loving the first one. I relate it to Doran having Gregor Clegane's head sent to him... so now little Myrcella wants to know if she gets the same. :D Ruthless yet adorable!!

I'm loving the first one. I relate it to Doran having Gregor Clegane's head sent to him... so now little Myrcella wants to know if she gets the same. :D Ruthless yet adorable!!

:lol: that one came to me in an instant. Maybe I should start considering the ones I come up with quickly. I usually dismiss them in belief that I get better the longer i work on it.

Never fear, I seem to be more of an all-or-nothing player as well (although mostly nothing :)). Part of the reason is probably that I only ever write one entry and when it sounds right, I just send it in. I'm impressed when people have a huge stash of entries to choose from.

As I suggested above, I think overthinking things can actually be a detriment sometimes. I always feel like I can do better, but sometimes it seems that when the inspiration isn't coming, it never will.

Archived