Who are you favorite characters in the show?(possible S1-4 spoilers)

jorahthemormont

Shireen- to me she have the possibility to be a player in the game. she think Mel's religion is crap, She was able to secretly help Davos read, she has good observation skills . When people say that Sansa could be a player, they forgot that she is training to be one. Shireen has the ability to be one. Shireen also has the ability of being insignificance to some, which could cause people to underestimated her. Mel is good at deceiving people but Shireen call out Mel's bs. Shireen has the key thing to be a player, she has smarts.

Good points, all. I just adore Shireen (book and show versions). Were it not for the greyscale I'd definitely be pushing for her to be queen!

My top 10 haven't changed very much since S2 apart from a certain Dornish Prince of my heart. Roose has been a grower, not only because of Michael's performance but also because I'm intrigued to see what the story holds for him in future seasons.

Stannis

Melisandre

Davos

Littlefinger

Cersei

Asha

Tyrion

Theon

Oberyn

Roose

And then there about 20 secondary characters I love too, people like Pod, Shireen and Bronn. Oh dear.

This is not a list based sorely on the characters but rather in their adaptation on the show and the actors' performances.

Tyrion

Oberyn

Jaime

Arya

Ned

Margaery

Catelyn

Brienne

Tywin

Joffrey

Cersei

and finally I want to include Jon even though I'm not impressed by his tv approach Still, he's one of my favourite characters and I'm interesting in his story line

1) Tyrion

2) Daenerys

3) Arya

A word about Dany: yes, her story has become somewhat boring this year, and stays fairly boring through book 5. But the STORY is one thing; the CHARACTER another.

As a character, Dany is fantastic. Her story arc has pretty much every possible element of epicness: she came from being the brow-beaten tool of a gigantic asshole to become a famous conqueror queen and she is set up for the most massively epic ending imaginable, where she sweeps into King's Landing on the back of a gigantic dragon to bring truth, justice and the Valyrian way.

The series is either going to end with that massively epic victory or else she is going to fall flat on her face in just as epic a fashion. But you can bet your sweet bippy that Dany is going to be around at least until almost the end.

She's very likable, too, despite her dark (i.e., bloodthirsty) side. She treats people around her with respect and dignity, she frees the slaves, and she's doing her best to rule wisely and benevolently. She's not just a goody-goody, she can be overcome by her passions and make mistakes - but they're honest mistakes.

She's still not as good a character as Tyrion, who IMO is one of the greatest characters in the history of literature, but she's a great character, unforgettable. Her scant mention in this thread shows to me that people are getting the Dany CHARACTER (7 shades of awesome) mixed up with the Dany STORY (yawn . . . lately, at least).

Hey guys!!! So I dont mean to potentially derail the thread but I wanted to post up some portraits I've done on some of my favourite Game of Thrones characters!!!! Some of my favs are Tyrion, Dany, Arya, The Hound, Jamie, Cersei, Jon, Sansa (a dark horse for me, I feel she will be awesome coming into S5) and the much loved to hate character Joffrey. If anyone is interested here is the link to see the portraits - http://www.tommiatke.com/#/a-game-of-thrones-portrait-series/ and if you would like to purchase some of YOUR favourite characters you are in luck because they are for sale!!!! Hit this link to purchase! http://goo.gl/EJjWfZ

My favourites have to be

1.Oberyn Martell because he's so collected about how he does things, he hates the mountain for what he did to his sister and you kinda feel happy when he gets his revenge☺ and of course, he's a badass with that spear/ acrobatics combo

2.Jon Snow as he's cool and he try's his best alson he hasn't had a disappointing scene>.< I loved how Karl fooking Tanner almost had him, it was great. I thought it showed how Jon wasn't your classic all round great hero

3.The hound purely for his humour and brutality

4.Bronn for the same reasons as Sador Clegane

Ooh, this is a hard one. I like so many of them. I'll stick to the ones who win me over with their performances the most:

So, in no particular order:

Stannis (It's Dillane - so....)

The Hound (Rory was superb in his final scene and he always brings a smile to my face when his great hulking form comes over the hill...)

Tyrion (Dink has made him so much more lovable for me than he was in the books)

Jaime (Again, Nikolaj has made Jaime a firm fave with me)

Viserys (Harry Lloyd was magnificent)

Varys (Conleth Hill is exquisite)

Sam (I think John Bradley is under-appreciated)

Theon (I was never moved by his plight in the books - Alfie has made me do a total 180 degree turn)

Ygritte (Truly, I hated her in the books - Rose gave her much more depth, more with what she didn't say, than what she did say)

Davos (Again, Liam Cunningham has made an already honourable man even more likeable)

Sala (I live for his one scene appearance every season!)

Arya (It's hard NOT to root for her in either book or show)

Brienne (Purely because of Gwen)

Tywin (Needs no more comment re. Charles - but I actually admired Tywin in the books too)

Ned (I still mourn)

ETA: How could I forget Oberyn!!!!! Magnificent performance from Pedro of a favourite book character.

Archived