Who are you favorite characters in the show?(possible S1-4 spoilers)

jorahthemormont

I interpret it as those I love to watch (who are still alive) for their charisma and acting abilities:

Tyrion

Arya

Jaime

Tywin

Varys

Cersei

Davos

Brienne

Theon

Dany

Olenna

Pod

Jaqen

Sam

Sandor

As wonderful improvement to their book character: Margaery, Sansa. Jon is getting better, definitely

I should add Ramsay and Roose but a too long list is a pointless one, and there are so many less important characters who are equally positive surprises like Hot Pie.

Margaery- More interesting than book Margaery and played by Natalie Dormer.

Arya- Love the added scenes they gave her (Tywin interaction, killing the Robb!Wind mastermind, scenes with the Hound) and Maise Williams makes Arya lovable but still disturbing.

Joffrey- Couldn't stand him in the books, but actually miss the little prick on the show.

Robb- Too much attention was given to the Talisa/Robb love story imo, rather than his relations with his bannerman and Kingdom (they didn't give him his crown :frown5: ) but it was nice seeing a non-POV character fleshed out.

Book Favourites- Jon, Stannis, Sansa and Robb. Also favourites in show (except Stannis) because they are my favourite characters.

It's hard to settle on any as favourites, but if I were to list the ones who mesmerise(d) me when on-screen:

Ned Stark

The (original) Mountain

Varys

Khal Drogo

Arya - because of Arya/Tywin and Arya/Hound being the most memorable moments

Tywin - Tywin menacing the seated King Joffrey in the throne room was unforgettable

Jorah - did not like him in the books, but ... gah ... Iain Glen, forchrissakes! Gonna have to buy a box of hankies for when he gets outed.

(1) Magaery - because of Nataile Dormer, was actually quite indifferent to her in the books but the show has allowed Nataile more screen time which has helped me to like the character

(1) Tyrion- funniest character ever despite his horrible treatment by his family.

(2) Bronn and Lady Olenna - Both hilarious.

(3) Ned- everyone loves Ned. Fact.

(4) Sam- Craven or not he's one of the few nice guys in the story

(5) Robb and Jon. - two guys with their heart in the right places but can be foolish at times.

(6) Pod and Davos - The perfect servants.

All the Lannisters, not because I like who they are but because they are the most fleshed out and complete characters, with a mix of good and bad qualities.

Also, Olenna, Sandor, Oberyn, Melissandre.

Shireen- to me she have the possibility to be a player in the game. she think Mel's religion is crap, She was able to secretly help Davos read, she has good observation skills . When people say that Sansa could be a player, they forgot that she is training to be one. Shireen has the ability to be one. Shireen also has the ability of being insignificance to some, which could cause people to underestimated her. Mel is good at deceiving people but Shireen call out Mel's bs. Shireen has the key thing to be a player, she has smarts.

• 2 weeks later...

Joffrey- Couldn't stand him in the books, but actually miss the little prick on the show.

I thought he was amazingly played by Jack Gleeson and so much fun to hate I always thought I would miss him, but I don't really. I think he's around for as long as the story needs him and the timing of his death felt about right.

Archived