Who are you favorite characters in the show?(possible S1-4 spoilers)

jorahthemormont

Theon (Alfie has really impressed me since season 2 in the way that he manages to create sympathy for a character that has generated a lot of hate as a rsult of his selfish actions), Arya (she's the best child actor on the show, with Sophie Turner following closley), Roose (McElhatton nails this role perfectly), Davos (alikeable character playing a very sympathetic character), Sansa (Sophie Turner is amazing at playing a character who can be afraid, joyful, selfish and extremely sad all at once), Joffrey (Jack made everyone hate him and that's a compliment).

• 4 weeks later...

Tyrion - do I even nee to explain? Highly intelligent, hilarious and sarcastic, but also kind, considerate and protective (Sansa...and Shae... ugh), and above all so tormented...his speech during the trial just sums up his character. He has some truly awful things happen to him, is betrayed by those closest to him, and he just gets up and carries on with that same sarcastic smile. Easily my favourite character.

Jorah - oh, he's just too sweet! Suffers lots of injustice and gets punished for it when really he ought to be forgiven. Another tortured soul... though I fear what will happen in season five, as book-Jorah becomes rather insufferable.

Jon - loyal, noble, caring, perceptive, brave, selfless, plus he's got that whole sexy brooding thing going on...

Ygritte - Beautiful, brave spearwife who teaches Jon how to see the world - and isn't as cold-hearted as she makes herself out to be

Tormund Giantsbane - because he's hilarious!

Davos - loyal, honourable and down to earth.

Brienne - a surprisingly relatable character and a true knight.

Aemon and Sam - wise, loyal and willing to make hard but necessary decisions.

I like Cersei as a character, though I hate her as a person. The way the show gives her redeeming qualities is very interesting.

Tyrion - do I even nee to explain? Highly intelligent, hilarious and sarcastic, but also kind, considerate and protective (Sansa...and Shae... ugh)

Come again? :huh:

Jorah - oh, he's just too sweet! Suffers lots of injustice and gets punished for it when really he ought to be forgiven.

What?! :huh: :huh: :huh:

Did you confuse Jorah with the people he sold into slavery, perhaps?

Come again? :huh:

What?! :huh: :huh: :huh:

Did you confuse Jorah with the people he sold into slavery, perhaps?

About Tyrion/ Shae - what I mean is that he's protective of her; he doesn't want her anywhere near him for fear of Tywin or Cersei finding out, and he lets Alayaya/Ros take the fall for her when Tywin does find out to keep Shae safe. He loves her, so he sends her away to Pentos so that she isn't in danger in KL. the "ugh" was because I despise her, her treatment of Tyrion is despicable...and yet her character in the show is much more complex than in the book which frustrates me...

And fair point about Jorah, slave trading is not the way forward - but he does it out of desperation. I don't like that they don't give him a proper backstory about

Lynesse, and while I'm in no way saying slavery can be condoned -that's one of the only things Dany's got right - I see why he did it, even though it's abhorrent. Ned's punishment for him is just; Lynesse's is not, however.

And Dany should have forgiven him, or at least let him try and prove his loyalty (he's exiled immediately in the show). He's saved her life far more times than he endangered it, and in my eyes he made up for his treachery by serving her loyally once he realised how he felt.

Archived