(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

Seriously this whole thing...I just read what Michelle role on new show is and I almost hope the showrunners intended to bring her back and now she fucked them over like this because they really, oh really deserve it.

It doesn't mean she won't appear. Maybe she won't but this doesn't indicate that. The only reason the article about it mentions GoT is so GoT fans will click on it. It's just your average piece that tries to draw conclusions about what's coming up in GoT because the actual news its supplying isn't interesting enough by itself.

Michelle just wants another gig. Of course she's not getting this job to spite the showrunners. That wouldn't even make sense anyways. The only thing this article indicates is that the press is being very irresponsible with ASOIAF/potential GoT spoilers.

Whether she appears in the future or not, it will not change how big of a mistake Benioff and Weiss made by not having her appear in the season finale of the fourth season. And not only would it be a narrative mistake in the sense of when she first appears in the story, it will also qualify as a terrible introduction if it comes since non-book readers know all about her now, precisely because she did not appear in the season finale. The whole mess had compounded on itself.

Some mistakes simply cannot be undone.

It doesn't mean she won't appear. Maybe she won't but this doesn't indicate that. The only reason the article about it mentions GoT is so GoT fans will click on it. It's just your average piece that tries to draw conclusions about what's coming up in GoT because the actual news its supplying isn't interesting enough by itself.

Michelle just wants another gig. Of course she's not getting this job to spite the showrunners. That wouldn't even make sense anyways. The only thing this article indicates is that the press is being very irresponsible with ASOIAF/potential GoT spoilers.

Yeah yeah yeah because I'm sure she wants nothing more than to play the same character in two shows at once.

Whether she appears in the future or not, it will not change how big of a mistake Benioff and Weiss made by not having her appear in the season finale of the fourth season. And not only would it be a narrative mistake in the sense of when she first appears in the story, it will also qualify as a terrible introduction if it comes since non-book readers know all about her now, precisely because she did not appear in the season finale. The whole mess had compounded on itself.

Some mistakes simply cannot be undone.

Exactly.

The character described in the article doesn't sound similar to LSH at all. Besides in that show, given the title, resurrection isn't quite the big deal that it is in the GoT universe. She isn't described as vengeful and is not a character who was previously important whose return actually means something. If anything her 24 character was much more similar to LSH.

As for the critique that they've irreparably damaged the show by delaying or cutting her, I dunno yet. It really depends what comes of her in the books. Or if they actually end up including her. If she's in and they do it well, I won't give a shit what episode it happens in. If she's out and it turns out she doesn't do that much in TWOW, I'll feel similarly. If she ends up being really important than they'll likely include her anyways. But going forward there'll be more and more cuts, so we ought to accept that and react with a little less zeal to this sort of thing.

The character described in the article doesn't sound similar to LSH at all. Besides in that show, given the title, resurrection isn't quite the big deal that it is in the GoT universe. She isn't described as vengeful and is not a character who was previously important whose return actually means something. If anything her 24 character was much more similar to LSH.

As for the critique that they've irreparably damaged the show by delaying or cutting her, I dunno yet. It really depends what comes of her in the books. Or if they actually end up including her. If she's in and they do it well, I won't give a shit what episode it happens in. If she's out and it turns out she doesn't do that much in TWOW, I'll feel similarly. If she ends up being really important than they'll likely include her anyways. But going forward there'll be more and more cuts, so we ought to accept that and react with a little less zeal to this sort of thing.

This whole situation is such a joke now and it made a show a joke in the process.

And we 'ought to' react the way each of us wants to.

I'm sure LSH will happen. It has to happen. Cat's not dead FFS. It's not something minor. It's something major. The Red Wedding is GoT's most iconic moment. LSH changes everything. But Brienne doesn't find Stoneheart til the end of Feast.. it would be pointless introducing her at the end of S4 and then not see her again until Brienne finds her (which could be at the end of S5 & beyond).

How ironic that Michelle Fairley plays a dead mother on the show 'Resurrection' for her next gig. Perfect.

Delaying or cutting something doesn't make the showrunners or the show a joke, Sati, it's always been their prerogative to alter the material. Just because we don't know what's going to happen and fixate on that uncertainty doesn't mean its an actual problem going forward in the production. I've seen no critics push the idea that this has made the show lose credibility or quality. Ran isn't worried. GrrM isn't worried. Whatever they end up doing, it's already been decided. They've written s5 and now they're shooting it. What's done is done. Those of us who aren't in the know will grind our teeth to pass the time, but it doesn't actually achieve anything. The delayed inclusion or exclusion of LSH isn't a "situation" though or an ongoing problem, it's just something we don't know yet and can't know yet. The only people I've seen pretending to know are these clickbait journalists who keep suckering in worried fans by presenting unrelated info as being pertinent to GoT.

Delaying or cutting something doesn't make the showrunners or the show a joke, Sati, it's always been their prerogative to alter the material. Just because we don't know what's going to happen and fixate on that uncertainty doesn't mean its an actual problem going forward in the production. I've seen no critics push the idea that this has made the show lose credibility or quality. Ran isn't worried. GrrM isn't worried. Whatever they end up doing, it's already been decided. They've written s5 and now they're shooting it. What's done is done. Those of us who aren't in the know will grind our teeth to pass the time, but it doesn't actually achieve anything. The delayed inclusion or exclusion of LSH isn't a "situation" though or an ongoing problem, it's just something we don't know yet and can't know yet. The only people I've seen pretending to know are these clickbait journalists who keep suckering in worried fans by presenting unrelated info as being pertinent to GoT.

You are lying to yourself if you don't think it's a problem, just read Faint's post on this page or hundreds of other posts expressing disappointment and anger. There are so many people who were spoiled in the direct result of them not including her this year.

Oh and for me it absolutely did make the show a joke. You may not agree with me but for me these people lost any credibility left after season 4 - between their decisions, choices and interviews this show is now just a bit above stuff that airs on CW for me.

I don't see how interviews have anything to do with the quality of a show. I thought you'd said somewhere it was still your favourite thing on TV but I guess you've since changed your mind. It's definitely still my favourite show and cuts and delays of book elements won't change that.

And I'm lying to myself because I don't think the "situation", such as it is, couldn't easily be resolved in s5? Come on.

I don't see how interviews have anything to do with the quality of a show. I thought you'd said somewhere it was still your favourite thing on TV but I guess you've since changed your mind. It's definitely still my favourite show and cuts and delays of book elements won't change that.

And I'm lying to myself because I don't think the "situation", such as it is, couldn't easily be resolved in s5? Come on.

My favorite? It used to be my fav before this season, now it's not even in my top 5 of all time, hell it's not even in top 5 this year and I think I only watch 6 shows.

You are lying to yourself if you don't think nothing major happened. It's like no matter what happens you say 'oh no biggie'. That's your business but don't expect people to agree with this.

Resolved? Will they lobotomize all the people that got spoiled or turn back time?

It's not their fault Unsullied were spoiled about that though, is it? It was the fault of Sullied posters and people like James Hibberd. Most people weren't spoiled however. Unless you think they somehow have an obligation over what fans might find out over the internet because of cuts/delays...Maybe you do think that.

(IMO the only season of TV comparable to GoT s4 this year was Hannibal s2. True Detective and Fargo would've been up there if not for generic endings. I can't think of anything else on par though).

Anyways. Someone ought to close this thread and replace it with one called "LSH s5?"

It's their fault they didn't mitigate the spoilage, though. If we had been given a decisive word on the matter, it would have soothed the outburst/rush of articles and posts. Leaving it to MF to give awkward interviews where we over-analyze her wording hardly seems like being respectful to her, if that's truly part of the reason they wanted to leave LS out.

It's not their fault Unsullied were spoiled about that though, is it? It was the fault of Sullied posters and people like James Hibberd. Most people weren't spoiled however. Unless you think they somehow have an obligation over what fans might find out over the internet because of cuts/delays...Maybe you do think that.

(IMO the only season of TV comparable to GoT s4 this year was Hannibal s2. True Detective and Fargo would've been up there if not for generic endings. I can't think of anything else on par though).

Anyways. Someone ought to close this thread and replace it with one called "LSH s5?"

It's the direct result of them not including the epilogue. Also they did say the entire book 3 will happen this year.

I actually stopped watching Hannibal because of how ridiculous it got.

"Maybe you do think that", "Come on", yes, let's end this on 'anyways' indeed.

But the entire of ASOS didn't appear because the LC election was delayed (too). EDIT: Actually the LC election will probably work better in s5 than in 4 because it will make Jon's arc a more pronounced rise and fall narrative.

And I'm sorry if my tone was prickish but you can be quite harsh yourself. The point of my "anyways" was to kindof tiptoe away from this thread.

EDIT: To address your comment below.

"Liars"? Were they liars when they said s1 would cover AGOT but included ACOK material? Was Peter Jackson a liar when the Fellowship movie included Boromir's death from the beginning of Towers? People generalize in interviews and say statements that are mostly true rather than entirely true.

Not all people got spoiled. Sometimes, being part of forum like this one makes us think that most GoT fans also follow the series on online community or talking to friends. But that's not true. Most people I know have absolutely no idea about what's going to happen next, and those who have found out about LSH would probably be spoiled about something else (Faegon, Jon's death or whatever).

The big deal isn't the spoiling, fans get spoiled all the time in every shows. The big deal is that she most likely won't be in. Everything we say here about possible evidence she is in is just, I don't know how to say that (English is not my first language), but seems like fooling ourselves. After all interviews and stuff, I think she's definitely out. Unfortunately.

Not all people got spoiled. Sometimes, being part of forum like this one makes us think that most GoT fans also follow the series on online community or talking to friends. But that's not true. Most people I know have absolutely no idea about what's going to happen next, and those who have found out about LSH would probably be spoiled about something else (Faegon, Jon's death or whatever).

The big deal isn't the spoiling, fans get spoiled all the time in every shows. The big deal is that she most likely won't be in. Everything we say here about possible evidence she is in is just, I don't know how to say that (English is not my first language), but seems like fooling ourselves. After all interviews and stuff, I think she's definitely out. Unfortunately.

Most Unsullied I know sadly got spoiled :/ I also saw a bunch of people in WiC comment section get spoiled because of all the pics in the sidebar. Then there were people who told me they are sick of being in the dark about the twists they heard about but don't know really know what they are and lost patience and googled a bunch of stuff after finale. Then there is this EW hack with this whole Lady Stoneheart title and picture of Michelle from 24. Hell, people who don't watch GoT know who she is now.

And if it didn't happen then every week there is an awkward interview with Michelle who is being forced to talk about at the very least very frustrating matter - either she is out of job she hoped for or she has to lie. This is hugely disrespectful to her.

Oh my Comic Con panel tomorrow. This won't go terrible at all.

Archived