Wow, I never noticed that v.5

Angalin

"She is of the North. She deserves better than a butcher."

Ned referring to Lady.

but also hints towards Sansa being betrothed to Joffrey.

Ned not knowing at that time Joffrey will be cruel to Sansa......

My mind....💣💥

She deserves better than a butcher's boy, She deserves the first sword of braavos.

Each of the time Dance of the Dragons song is mentioned, Sansa is present. And the three times the song is sung, they are present in different books.

(1) A Game of Thrones

"Later, while Sansa was off listening to a troupe of singers perform the complex round of interwoven ballads called the “Dance of the Dragons,”"

(2) A Storm of Swords (Joffrey's Wedding)

"Collio began with his version of “The Dance of the Dragons,” which was more properly a song for two singers, male and female."

(3) AFFC (Eyrie)

"He sang of the Dance of the Dragons, of fair Jonquil and her fool, of Jenny of Oldstones and the Prince of Dragonflies. He sang of betrayals, and murders most foul, of hanged men and bloody vengeance. He sang of grief and sadness. No matter where she went in the castle, Sansa could not escape the music. It floated up the winding tower steps, found her naked in her bath, supped with her at dusk, and stole into her bedchamber even when she latched the shutters tight. It came in on the cold thin air, and like the air, it chilled her."

It may mean nothing but it is interesting that Sansa is present during this particular song. She may have a role in the second dance of the dragons, especially if she is betrothed (not married) to Aegon.

she also gets a playing/learning the harp mention in most of the books....

Fron the Westerlands reading:

"And so he spoke,

And so he spoke,

That Lord of Castamere"

Or, you know, the LADY of Tarbeck Hall :p

I suppose Tywin sounds better if noone remembers the trouble a mere woman caused him...

Dontos knew nearly all the details of the plot to assassinate Joffrey. It seems to me this was for the reader's benefit. Petyr's character suugests that he would not have divulged so much to Dontos and he certainly didn't need to.

That the Others are a beautiful race with camouflage and a language. That they carry ice swords.

yep the tey are quite elfish ( in a fair folk kind of way)

when you think about it the others and the wiight aren't a zombie apocalyse its the Wild Hunt

yep the tey are quite elfish ( in a fair folk kind of way)

when you think about it the others and the wiight aren't a zombie apocalyse its the Wild Hunt

Oooh! They even gather up the dead (to become wights). I have to think about this some more.

Another reference to Ice and Fire I hadn't noticed before...

"Send my daughters back unharmed?" Catelyn smiled sadly. "There is a sweet innocence about you, child. I could wish . . . but no. Robb will avenge his brothers. Ice can kill as dead as fire. Ice was Ned's greatsword. Valyrian steel, marked with the ripples of a thousand foldings, so sharp I feared to touch it. Robb's blade is dull as a cudgel compared to Ice. It will not be easy for him to get Theon's head off, I fear. The Starks do not use headsmen. Ned always said that the man who passes the sentence should swing the blade, though he never took any joy in the duty. But I would, oh, yes." She stared at her scarred hands, opened and closed them, then slowly raised her eyes. "I've sent him wine."

Catelyn VII, Clash

"Oh, it's truth you want? Be careful, my lady. Tyrion says that people often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up."

Jaime to Catelyn in Catelyn VII, Clash

When I read this line most recently I couldn't help but to think of the role Tyrion might play in exposing Aegon's true identity.

Brienne will never bed with Rakharo...

"Quiet," [brienne] grumbled, scowling. Scowls suited her broad homely face better than a smile. Not that Jaime had ever seen her smiling. He amused himself by picturing her in one of Cersei's silken gowns in place of her studded leather jerkin. As well dress a cow in silk as this one.

But the cow could row.

Jaime I, Storm

Irri bristled back. "It is known that you are almost a cow. Rakharo does not bed with cows."

Daenerys VI, Dance

In the first book, Ned says that Robert doesn't have to worry about Daenerys because she's with the Dothraki and they could never cross the Narrow Sea because their horses can't swim across it. Well, one of the Brave Companions (Zollo, iirc) is Dothraki and he crossed the sea...

In the first book, Ned says that Robert doesn't have to worry about Daenerys because she's with the Dothraki and they could never cross the Narrow Sea because their horses can't swim across it. Well, one of the Brave Companions (Zollo, iirc) is Dothraki and he crossed the sea...

Zollo might not have been given a choice. If the khalasar he was in was beaten by another khalasar he could have been sold as a slave.

True, it's possible, but still an interesting thought.

He's a mercenary riding with a free company. I suspect he's not truly Dothraki anymore. He has more in common with his fellow sellswords than he does with the Dothraki riders of the Dothraki Sea.

It's already been listed but I just had to second it because this time around it hit me in the face: Victarion is absolutely stupid! What he says! What he does! What he thinks! I don't think he even tries to think.

Archived